Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Its been 3 months since release of Sims 4

Whats your overall thoughts of said game?
Romire - Australian Gamer
An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.

Comments

• Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Wow time goes fast.
    It's okay.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    I like it. It's not perfect, but I hope that they will add and fix some things in the future.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    It's alright - could be much better. There are several things they could improve or add:

Larger lots
    Larger worlds
    Family trees
    Toddlers
    Options for those want more challenge in completing goals
    Less bugs
    A colour wheel.

But overall, despite those flaws, I do like the game quite a bit, and think with some tweaks, it has the potential to be the best in the series.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    Boring since day one.
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Disappointed, but still hopeful.
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    I hadn't played a sims game years prior to playing TS4 so I thought it was fun... eventually it wore off on me and now I'm at the point where I don't play it at all. Weird huh
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Disappointed. The first sims game I've been unable to get addicted to. I forced myself to play for longer that I should have and I'm annoyed and stressed the whole time it's open. The sims is meant to be fun but for me this one is the opposite!
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I don't play as much as I used to play Sims 3. With Sims 3, although the game had its frustrations, I got totally involved and could play for hours on end. I do enjoy what there is of Sims 4, and I love building, but the game as it is right now cannot hold my interest for more than a couple of hours. Which is why I am on the forum at the moment, when I could be playing instead. :|
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    I haven't opened the game in nearly seven or eight weeks now. I can't even be bothered updating it, and am currently two patches behind.

To say I'm disappointed, underwhelmed and frustrated by TS4 is a major understatement.

For me, it's the end of long, long love affair with the Sims series.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    DISAPPOINTED
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    edited December 2014
    It's different, more like RPG kind of thing. I miss the colour wheel as I could have made a Christmas space ship, I love the space questions and choices, could do with more actions than talking.
  • Options
    Lynne563Lynne563 Posts: 100 Member
    Darkling wrote: »
    I haven't opened the game in nearly seven or eight weeks now. I can't even be bothered updating it, and am currently two patches behind.

To say I'm disappointed, underwhelmed and frustrated by TS4 is a major understatement.

For me, it's the end of long, long love affair with the Sims series.

I feel the same way.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    It's alright - could be much better. There are several things they could improve or add:

Larger lots
    Larger worlds
    Family trees
    Toddlers
    Options for those want more challenge in completing goals
    Less bugs
    A colour wheel.

But overall, despite those flaws, I do like the game quite a bit, and think with some tweaks, it has the potential to be the best in the series.

I feel similar to this statement.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Linear game play. That's all I can say about it. The Sims was supposed to be about options and choices. The other 2 games didn't hold our hands every step of the way; they let us figure out things for ourselves.

This one...? Meh. Apparently, they think that their market, pre-teen boys who have never played a Sims game before if you go by the trailer, need to have their hand held every step of the way and told how their Sim is feeling constantly. And don't know how to build a community lot without having some sort of checklist...and don't know how to plan a date or run an event without having some kind of task list to guide them.

Meh, if it comes to a choice between the Sims 4 and Jones in the Fast Lane...I'd rather play Jones in the Fast Lane. It's more fun.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    Yeah, I retired recently, so maybe I should try some golf or shuffleboard. LOL :D
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    So disappointed.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    Eziwolf wrote: »
    I like it. It's not perfect, but I hope that they will add and fix some things in the future.

This is pretty much how I feel. There are some things that I wish would get fixed every now and then, but this game has my favorite art style so far, and with EPs and SPs and Game Packs I can only hope it gets better.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    The game can't hold my attention for more than fifteen minutes.
    I don't jack out the possibily that can change when they adjust/improve/add gameplay, but so far I have decided to uninstall the game and install Sims 2 (and also continue playing Sims 3). For me there seems to be more potential in 2 so far (that game is new to me) than Sims 4.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Disappointed and bored of it. I haven't actually played for over a week, I just feel like there's nothing to do when I load it up. I'm willing to stick with it because it is still just a base game but if they don't add toddlers soon, i'll probably just stop playing and wait for the Sims 5. I haven't got money to burn.
  • Options
    KeokKeok Posts: 13 New Member
    I have really been enjoying building houses and creating with the Sims 4 but the game play is a whole other story. It is very lackluster and gets dull very quickly. I have hope that perhaps this will improve as more expansions and updates become available but the trick will be trying to keep my interest until that happens. The first time I played Sims 4 I could have cried as I was so disappointed/shocked by how bad I felt it was. I am a die hard sims fan so I was pretty upset about it and decided to return it. I ended up pushing myself and "trying to get into it" and Thankfully I got hooked with the building/creating. I don't even try actually playing the sims 4 anymore, I just create/build.

Fingers crossed for bigger and better things hopefully in the very near future! I would love to see another supernatural expansion/pets expansion or some other fun expansion to come out soon. Has anybody heard of any release dates or upcoming expansions??

Ktejj
  • Options
    Keok wrote: »
    I have really been enjoying building houses and creating with the Sims 4 but the game play is a whole other story. It is very lackluster and gets dull very quickly. I have hope that perhaps this will improve as more expansions and updates become available but the trick will be trying to keep my interest until that happens. The first time I played Sims 4 I could have cried as I was so disappointed/shocked by how bad I felt it was. I am a die hard sims fan so I was pretty upset about it and decided to return it. I ended up pushing myself and "trying to get into it" and Thankfully I got hooked with the building/creating. I don't even try actually playing the sims 4 anymore, I just create/build.<br />
    <br />
    Fingers crossed for bigger and better things hopefully in the very near future! I would love to see another supernatural expansion/pets expansion or some other fun expansion to come out soon. Has anybody heard of any release dates or upcoming expansions?? <br />
    <br />
    Ktejj

Your first paragraph is exactly how I felt about the sims4. That's what led me to the forums-I'd never bothered before but I wanted to know I'd tried to get heard to get my play style back.
    nothing on expansions yet. A camping themed dlc.
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    How am I feeling? Disappointed by all that's been taken away from the game, bored of the scripted, linear game play, and frustrated by many of the elements (constant breakage of appliances, inconvenience of having to use cheat codes to change a sim's name after marriage, meaningless gameplay such as "angry poop" or "pee like a champion", among others.)

I see this as one giant leap -- backward -- for the Sims franchise. Sims 2 was far more sophisticated and imaginative. All these years later, and after all the advances in technology that have come about, it's absurd that we have such a sorry excuse for a "next generation" game.

A lot of players talk about how much better the game will be with expansion packs, stuff packs, and game packs. I don't think so. I suspect future additions to the game will bring only more disappointment, boredom, and frustration.
  • Options
    The thing that upsets me the most actually?
    The poor customer service response to this situation. Instead of apologising there is a constant 'blame the customer' attitude coming from EA themselves.
    The customer didn't create this game-EA did. In my mind it's unacceptable to try to shift blame onto your customers. They are who get you in the position of success and have done for many years-they are the reason EA give budgets for creating a sims game in the first place.
  • Options
    mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    Improvements can be made, not enough activities for kids, more community venues ect
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    I still play it. I like it. It's far from perfect but no game is perfect. The sims themselves are a delight for me to play. They have personality now. But, that being said, there will always be something someone says should be in there. I do think the small world and the fact that it's partially closed will hinder it in the long run. And if all we will be getting in regards to game packs is a one venue thing, I think will doom this series. I won't be buying that.