Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twins, everywhere!

A few weeks ago I played the Sims 4. I had a couple and the woman got pregnant. When she delivered, it were twins. Can happen right? After these babies she got pregnant again, and you can guess: it were twins again!

So last night I start a new family. And once again, twins. After that: twins again! Now today I was trying to figure out what the reason was, so I let het become pregnant by a townie, hoping it would break the chain. No. Twins, again.

Is this a bug? Or are they just really lucky?

Comments

• Options
    cyanidebabycyanidebaby Posts: 133 Member
    A bug after the patch :) They put something in the water...
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    I posted a thread the other day in the bugs section. 3 of my families have had bugs since the December 16th patch. Before that it was a mixture of single babies, twins, and 2 sets of triplets (I used the fertility treatment to get the triplets so I could get the award.)
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    simlishtrsimlishtr Posts: 1,405 Member
    edited December 2014
    babies are clonning themselves in the womb. this is why we get twins...
  • Options
    moezycatmoezycat Posts: 36 Member
    That makes so much sense, simsolated! Because I thought we couldn't have identical twins, but my twins are clearly identical.
  • Options
    cyanidebabycyanidebaby Posts: 133 Member
    It didn't surprise me at first, I always say my sims have super 🐸🐸🐸🐸 because every woman they TFB with catches on on the first go. Multiples wasn't such a leap from that idea.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    moezycat wrote: »
    That makes so much sense, simsolated! Because I thought we couldn't have identical twins, but my twins are clearly identical.

I've had identical twins too. Where did you hear that you couldn't?
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited December 2014
    fkgdn.jpg

EDIT: Sorry, I just had too. :p
  • Options
    Winifred_WWinifred_W Posts: 136 Member
    I just had my second set of identical twins too. I don't mind so much but I will proceed with caution in the near foreseeable future if I have a Sim TFB. I guess with the grumbling about it being so hard to have multiples they bumped up the probability "just a smidge" ;) .
  • Options
    MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    My first pregnancy in Sims 4 resulted in boy/girl twins.. which I was shocked about as I think this only happened to me once in Sims 3! This was before the patch though, since then I've had 3 single babs...
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • Options
    quasha81388quasha81388 Posts: 255 Member
    I have never had a single twin since release day now after this patch every single pregnancy is a twin and all girls
  • Options
    jermanijermani Posts: 187 Member
    i am having the same trouble, all birth since the patch is all boy twins.i only have patience for on baby.the parents are always low mood and therefore i get stress to.
  • Options
    blufaery83blufaery83 Posts: 121 Member
    4 pregnancies and only 1 single birth since the patch for me. Definitely a bug I'm hoping far a fix for asap.
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    I just had a nine sim family, because my sim had twins, then her daughter in law had twins, and then she had another set of twins....I'm still trying to figure out why it let her TFB when the daughter in law was pregnant with twins. If Dear ole dad hadn't died, it would have been TEN Sims. SMH. Doesn't matter since the game is now unplayable for me. Just loops on the map.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    xtinaxtina Posts: 413 Member
    I had my first pair of twins right after the patch too, was not expecting it but it was a nice little surprise. :) I never had much luck with twins in TS3.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    My first post-patch pregnancy (say that 5 times fast!) resulted in only a single birth -- Lisa Pancakes (daughter of Brent Pancakes who's the son of Eliza Pancakes and my baby daddy Sim Brandon Steiner).

I feel left out... :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stormycurlsstormycurls Posts: 57 Member
    before the patch I had only single births....just had first post patch prego and she popped out triplets a boy and 2 girls...no cheats, mods or fertility treatments....I just about fell out of the chair lmao
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    moezycat wrote: »

I've had identical twins too. Where did you hear that you couldn't?
    What is your definition of identical twins? Because it's not simply having twins of the same gender, just so you'll know. Just as fratneral twins aren't always opposite in gender. My great-grandmother and her twin sister weren't identical, for instance. They don't look any more alike than siblings.
    So, unless these babies have aged up to look exactly the same, they aren't identicals.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Winifred_WWinifred_W Posts: 136 Member
    And just to tempt fate, I decided to TFB with one couple that had already had the first set of identical twins before the patch. I ended up with triplets! lol! Serves me right. I think I will hold off for a while on the TFB for my Sims, they have enough children right now. I don't want the novelty of twins or triplets to wear off.
  • Options
    ThePandaBearRoxThePandaBearRox Posts: 21 Member
    So I thought the title was "twin.ks everywhere" omg ahahahahah
  • Options
    PebblishPebblish Posts: 21 New Member
    I haven't had identical twins yet. As far as the combinations is 95% of the time girl-girl, and 5% boy-girl. Never boy-boy.
  • Options
    PebblishPebblish Posts: 21 New Member
    I don't mind having twins. But in the sims 3 it was such a rare occasion. It was a nice suprise. I had tons of babies there, but never even triplets, that is how rare it was. But now in the sims 4 it's twins like water. Getting kind of annoying as for when I want different aged children, but yeah, it's like they're having a sale... Two for the price of one. I think now I will cheer when I get a single baby. So rare, lucky me! W00t. Etc.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Twins here as well - boy and girl. Maybe they need to implement the family planning clinic lot type :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Twins here as well - boy and girl. Maybe they need to implement the family planning clinic lot type :)

There is a mod for it
  • Options
    blufaery83blufaery83 Posts: 121 Member
    Oh 2 sets of mine have been identical.
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    Just had one pregnancy since the patch and....TWINS! Now I'm sad because I have to kill one of them and make my family story tragic
    Male. INFP. Virgo.