Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Since The Sims 3 is not updated anymore...

canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
I want, especially since new content isn't being made for The a Sims 3 anymore, to see past pre-order bonuses and other no longer available promo/free objects to be made available on the store (preferably for free).
in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400

Comments

• Options
    IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    I may be proven wrong at some point, but I really don't see EA doing this. At least not giving them away for free. Because mainly everyone who brought the LE editions (either through pre-order or on release day) may get cheesed off as the bonuses were offered as incentive to purchase the game before or on release day. And I remember quite a few people scrimping and saving to be able to do so in order to take advantage of said bonus.

I could, however, see people supporting EA putting them up in the store for simpoints. But if they do that, is up to their prerogative.

We could possibly see the bonuses put in some sort of massive TS3 collection a few years down the line (like when they released the Ultimate collection for TS2. It included the few store sets that were on the TS2 site since the idea of a sims store was a beta idea back towards the end of TS2 days).
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
  • Options
    I may be proven wrong at some point, but I really don't see EA doing this. At least not giving them away for free. Because mainly everyone who brought the LE editions (either through pre-order or on release day) may get cheesed off as the bonuses were offered as incentive to purchase the game before or on release day. And I remember quite a few people scrimping and saving to be able to do so in order to take advantage of said bonus.

I could, however, see people supporting EA putting them up in the store for simpoints. But if they do that, is up to their prerogative.

We could possibly see the bonuses put in some sort of massive TS3 collection a few years down the line (like when they released the Ultimate collection for TS2. It included the few store sets that were on the TS2 site since the idea of a sims store was a beta idea back towards the end of TS2 days).
    Yeah, Knowing EA they would charge money for the pre-order and other bonuses. Which would be unfortunate, but I could live with that. People who pre-ordered and payed extra for the Limited editions may be upset, but honestly some of the TS3 expansions came out a couple years ago.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Options
    AletaAleta Posts: 119 Member
    I would be happy to pay, as long as the extras will be available at all. Please accept my money, EA!

EA releases a lot of old games totally free, so why couldn't we be allowed to at least buy the extras, this many years after they were used as incentives. I have actually already a few days ago, on my own initiative, started a quest to try to reach the EA headquarters with this wish. If you want it too, let EA know.
  • Options
    I have not heard back from EA, and I can't even find the function any more for sending personal messages to EA representatives via Answer Headquarters, which was the one I used.

Getting the lost premium items is my primary goal. Any way possible. Any help and hints are most welcome.

Please EA, update the store with all the content that have been exclusive promos through the years!
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    I just wish they would at least make them available to buy like when seasons came out they had a winter set that was only available for like two weeks and then taken out of the store and never seen again,there's lots of us that would be willing to buy these unique sims sets,if they made them available the normal way through the store where we could use our points.
  • Options
    SuttiPutt wrote: »
    I just wish they would at least make them available to buy like when seasons came out they had a winter set that was only available for like two weeks and then taken out of the store and never seen again,there's lots of us that would be willing to buy these unique sims sets,if they made them available the normal way through the store where we could use our points.

Exactly - let us buy it! It can't be that important to punish us for being late to the party. It only makes you feel like you never want to get hooked on another EA merchandise again.
  • Options
    FishkickingGiraffeFishkickingGiraffe Posts: 544 Member
    I'd like to see the branded content return. I'd happily pay for the bits I don't have :)
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Let me just say something. I didn't get the limited edition content for ts3 but if they released it again it'd make me believe they're doing that for ts4 too so I wouldn't bother pre-ordering. I preorder music and stuff but sometimes games.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    emmaning wrote: »
    Let me just say something. I didn't get the limited edition content for ts3 but if they released it again it'd make me believe they're doing that for ts4 too so I wouldn't bother pre-ordering. I preorder music and stuff but sometimes games.

Do you by that mean that it's important to deny people who started playing this game later access to old exclusives?

EA releases old games for free. What would be wrong with selling/giving this stuff away to avid fans?
  • Options
    emmaning wrote: »
    Maybe, but at this rate you will have to wait 6 years to get the TS4 pre-order bonuses, without pre-ordering (since TS3 did come out in 2009). Honestly, I don't think this is an issue. You can already upgrade copies of TS4 to digital deluxe.

• Options
    Luis_CarlosLuis_Carlos Posts: 228 Member
    My opinion is there is still "market space" for sims 3, maybe a "retrocompatible" spin-off or stand-alone expansion, for example a sims medieval 2. Even some ideas from sims 4 could be used for a "sims 3.5".

EA can get money by means of sponsor advertising videos to get free videos. There is a potential mine of gold is the work is good.
  • Options
    jasminemandyjasminemandy Posts: 26 Member
    Sims 3 needs more clothing to come with it as there's not enough nice clothing for the sims. and now they are gonna stop updating it cause of sims 4, i'm not sure if ill play it again!!.. x
  • Options
    Still hoping for the promo stuff to be available - for free, or for points. Pretty, pretty please.

I can see that SimGuruChick has disappeared also. :(
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    I would be happy to pay for that contetn to... but for free be batter

and if some one got the things I got as bonus for free, oh well... people already gotten sets I PAYED for (I didn't pay more to get the limited), for free... becouse EA celebrated some thing and for 24 hours let a set be free. (thats more iritating, a 1000 sp set for free.... but no bonus for long time custumor)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    Aleta wrote: »
    Still hoping for the promo stuff to be available - for free, or for points. Pretty, pretty please.

I can see that SimGuruChick has disappeared also. :(
    I can see them making an ultimate edition for the Sims 3, just like they did with the Sims 2. That will likely have everything, including the exclusives. However, I don't see that happening until they decide to close the store. That likely won't happen until Sims 4 is well established.
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
  • Options
    Luis_CarlosLuis_Carlos Posts: 228 Member
    If with they make money with the spots by sponsorpay, the closing of sims 3 store can wait. And even I dare to suggest some new things for the store, for example a new edition of towns to can use all new building from expansion (fire station, etc..).
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    It still hurts that I don't own Seasons Origin exclusive costumes. I think I did pre order through Origin but something went wrong with my order and live chat was so infuriating that I ended up going to Gamestop.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    VGryphon wrote: »
    I can see them making an ultimate edition for the Sims 3, just like they did with the Sims 2. That will likely have everything, including the exclusives. However, I don't see that happening until they decide to close the store. That likely won't happen until Sims 4 is well established.

Well, one can hope. I spent a lot of money on Sims 3, but I have no problem with everybody getting the whole game for free, as long as I get all the promos at all.
    It still hurts that I don't own Seasons Origin exclusive costumes. I think I did pre order through Origin but something went wrong with my order and live chat was so infuriating that I ended up going to Gamestop.

One weird thing is that sometimes you had to choose between getting EA exclusive content, or the Origin exclusive content. The code only worked for one of them. And really evil is the promo that you can only get if you get a "Sims-friend" after you bought your first sim point package. I had bought two of them before I found that promo, so I can never get it! Why do something like that to eager customers?

• Options
    fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I didn't start playing as soon as the game came out but I started playing pretty early and I wouldn't mind having those little things like the pet shop in the store!! I think it would be nice for people to buy (as well as make them more money!!)
  • Options
    thesimsisepicthesimsisepic Posts: 102 Member
    I wouldn't care about the pre-order/limited edition bonuses if it wern't for the fact the the Pets, Supernatural, University Life, and Into the Future limited edition content were like premium objects. I paid $40 for a $20 Supernatural on ebay for that dang peashooter