Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Music no longer works

Since installing the update, any sound systems in game that used to play my custom music no longer do so. If I remove all of the default music and keep only the custom for the various stations, the game shows the music notes that indicate music is playing but I don't hear it. I've adjust volumes in game options and in game.

Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do to fix this? Being able to listen to my preferred music (currently the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack!) really adds to my gameplay.

Comments

• Options
    SquiltySquilty Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm also having this problem.

I had a whole bunch of custom music that played fine, but the recent update broke custom music for me.
  • Options
    whimsy_whimsy_ Posts: 22 New Member
    Bleh. I hope they fix this soon.
  • Options
    MadameButterflyMadameButterfly Posts: 116 Member
    I noticed this today. It's a shame, because this was a feature that was superior to the Sims 3 and now it is messed up.
  • Options
    RyckRyck Posts: 214 Member
    My mp3s don't play either. I only get the radio stations songs that come in the game. I have lots of mp3s in my custom folder and when at the gym or bars, it is completely silent with music notes coming out of the speakers when they play. Can't get them to play under music in the options menu as well. They used to play on the home stereos, but not the community lots. Now they don't play anywhere after the patch.
  • Options
    I know. I really enjoy listening to my preferred music while playing. I hope they are aware of it so they can fix it soon.
  • Options
    AdrianoFoxAdrianoFox Posts: 47 Member
    Same here. Hope they fix it soon, I'm so used to listen my songs while playing
  • Options
    MadameButterflyMadameButterfly Posts: 116 Member
    I was going to add my own holiday music to the game, but I couldn't find a folder for the Winter Holiday channel. (I tried to make one, but that didn't work.) Anyway, that's when I tested out my other custom music and found that they don't work like they used to at all.
  • Options
    Mine now works on occasion. I don't know what I did or didn't do to make it happen, though. What's also frustrating is having to reset the music selections every time I start up the game. It's tiresome having to go back and tick off all the default game music over and over again.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,464 Member
    whimsy_ wrote: »
    Mine now works on occasion. I don't know what I did or didn't do to make it happen, though. What's also frustrating is having to reset the music selections every time I start up the game. It's tiresome having to go back and tick off all the default game music over and over again.
    Ticking off the default music doesn't work. It still plays. This has been an issue since the base game.
  • Options
    It actually works for me. But of course, I have to do this every time I start up the game. But it does work for me.
  • Options
    GlobusGlobus Posts: 1 New Member
    I have the same problem. I didn't check it before update, but custom music has never worked for me. In settings song titles are strange sequences of letters and when I try to play one of the songs, I hear only TS4 tune. My music has also bitrate less than 320 kb/s and it's mp3 file (I have read about this at TS wikia). So good that not only I have this issue, maybe they will fix it soon.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you have this issue, too, @Globus‌. I hope it is fixed so that we can all enjoy our own tunes very soon.
  • Options
    sanimelsanimel Posts: 1 New Member
    I haven't played Sims 4 in a while, then around Christmas time I wanted to add some new music to the winter holiday file only to find that the new music did not work in the game. I soon realized that my other custom music was no longer working also. I looked to see if others were having this problem and it seemed like only a handful of people where having this issue. I had someone else install the Sims 4 onto their computer to see if it was just my computer having an issue, but their custom music would not play either. I was hoping that with the latest update this problem would be solved and was disappointed that it wasn't. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    LadyTaz1678LadyTaz1678 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited January 2015
    Glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem. I tried playing my music in the game and it didn't work. I was very upset about it. This needs to be fixed ASAP!!!!
  • Options
    chibichocolatechibichocolate Posts: 33 Member
    I'm having the same problem as well. I'm so sick of the music the Sims 4 comes with.
  • Options
    KittenNyxKittenNyx Posts: 1 New Member
    Just started having the same problem, does no one know a fix?
  • Options
    Huntress1181Huntress1181 Posts: 186 Member
    O my, and here I am thinking it was me messing up. Thanks thanks thanks. I deleted my music and reinstalled it. o my so much time spent for nothing. Cant wait for a fix, Cuz I have tried everything
  • Options
    EmberDahlEmberDahl Posts: 332 Member
    sometimes the songs will kick back in if you change station, then keep choosing play next track- although this has been less successful recently. Sometimes that track will play, but if I go to a different side of the room, it seems to stop again when I go back. Sometimes I here two different custom tracks (i have two players) quietly playing when I hit pause. Shame really because it was always a great feature to play your own music.
  • Options
    It makes the game more enjoyable. More home like feeling. Please fix this bug. Its sad
  • Options
    angelpuppy2angelpuppy2 Posts: 162 Member
    why haven't they fixed this yet?
  • Options
    I guess they don't believe music in the game is important. I stopped playing because of this issue. As I said, it made it more enjoyable.
  • Options
    whatisit1326YTwhatisit1326YT Posts: 61 Member
    edited March 2015
    I'm still trying to find it. They made a new patch, but I don't think on this. Hopefully I get good news on my thread.
  • Options
    RyckRyck Posts: 214 Member
    Its still not fixed for venues. I put several mp3s in retro and pop and its just silent now when I go to the lounge or gym. I know they work, because they have played in game before some of the patches. Usually only on home stereos.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    This still a problem even with the latest patch on May 4th... Its pretty frustrating that I can only play it at home but there silence when I'm at my nightclub
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    Same problem here! Its a bug.