Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weight Loss Support Group?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Juana wrote: »
    another tip: if you drink coffee, try to ween yourself off of creamer and sugar packets. Both are unhealthy (even 0-calorie) Try using honey as a sweetener instead.
    (or just replace coffee with tea)

I have these syrups, gingerbread and cinnamon. Yum.
    I very rarely drink coffee. I'd usually drink it when I don't eat much during that day, so the sugar I have doesn't make me feel bad.
    Nothing but tea for me ;)
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    Juana wrote: »
    My weight fluctuates A LOT between summer and winter.
    To the point where my friends always think I'm losing the weight in an unhealthy manner.

I actually don't even try to lose weight (back up, don't roll your eyes - I'm a 'fat girl' internally, I was chubby & made fun of all my life, having lived in a Tinselesque town where everyone and their mother was bleach blonde, silicone, and a fake tan.)

Until I was 19 or 20, I was DESPERATE to lose weight because I have a "sick" mother who is very, very skinny and it was as if my pudge made her uncomfortable. I got out of a bad relationship and was 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for a 3 or 4 months. I don't think I lost anything and felt miserable everytime I looked at food. I wasn't eating and I wasn't losing weight.

Then I stopped focusing on losing weight and just focused on loving myself and being happy. (I basically convinced myself "You're always gonna be fat girl, just accept it because your insecurities speak loudly" ...and the weight just began to come off all on it's own. I wasn't even trying and then people started telling me, "Wow - you're losing a lot of weight" and it was the most amazing feeling to me, especially because I wasn't doing it on purpose.

I've found that just getting up, getting out of bed, making yourself look nice can really help.
    I know lounging around all day in my pajamas doesn't always promote a healthy diet or for me to exercise.
    My main goal when I've lost weight is to be happy - not be skinny. Working out releases endorphins, which make you happy (cue Elle Woods), so I started drinking a glass of water every morning to wake up my body, stretch and started going for about hour-long walks every day only to release endorphins.

I also knew that what you put into your body affects your mood. So I started paying attention to the foods I was buying and forcing self-control to do my best to opt for healthier foods. I couldn't always afford healthy eating, but I would opt for the healthier option when I could.
    (MSN has a lot of great articles on healthy eating)
    A lot of my problem was that I would binge-eat. But binge-eating healthier food was A LOT better than binge-eating unhealthy food. And as the foods started to affect my internal in a positive way, my body started recognizing more when I was full and being satisfied with regular portions.

I cut out all soda (including diet) and only started drinking water and occassionally HEALTHY juice (not from concentrate or juice loaded with sugar)
    I also forced myself to go for a walk every time I knew I was feeling the need to eat only out of boredom.

I know it's hard - but try to love yourself and just focus on being happy. (if you have any type of depression or self-hate) It will affect your weight.
    Once you get the hang of it, it becomes a lot easier. You just have to KEEP ON IT , because once you get off track, you have to start all over again.

What an awesome testimony!

Thinking back, you are absolutely right! The courage to do it was based on loving myself.

There is only me. I have relatives locally, but we aren't that close. Yes I have friends, but you know how it is; people are busy and focused on their lives #1. If I get sick or whatever, I'm on my own. Oh, and I'm 60 and retired.

A little self love, and a little Godly fear go a long way.

You really CAN do it!

:D