Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dragon Age.

GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
Archers Suck.

I so regret my first character. I made a warrior, focusing on archery and bows ... it isn't going all that well. Think it might be time to do a remake, which sucks cause I really like his look.

Comments

• Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I had a mage - it was okay, but you can't shoot your stick and move at the same time.

I got a refund on the game as the dialogue stuff was doing my head in.

I thought the game was okay, but I often found the dialogue was always asking me to answer a question when I didn't have a clue what they just asked me. They should have implemented a 'repeat dialogue' button for people like me who don't pay attention - it would hardly be a major job to just be able to repeat the whole conversation so I could be sure of what answer to give.

Still, their loss - I will buy it when it goes on sale.
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    Huh I really love archers but then again I am almost always an archer on any game I play.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    Huh I really love archers but then again I am almost always an archer on any game I play.
    I generally love an archer type class too .... but ... he must be blind or something ...
  • Options
    He will get better needs higher dexterity. When I first start out with any character I would be missing alot but over time they got better. Eventually my archer almost never missed.

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited November 2014
    I made a mage. I always play as mages in RPG's, and it just so happens that being one is a major story point in Dragon Age.

I made a thread talking about inquisitors and asking people to post pictures of theirs, but it got deleted immediately because "it's a game with a higher ESRB rating than TS4", and I got sent a warning. You might want to be careful.

Apparently posts about superior games are more quickly handled than those awful threads started by trolls to get attention. :P
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Lol my dual wielding rogue would be standing practically on top of someone and still miss them when she was starting out, but she got to be pretty wicked over time as well.

• Options
    @Gruffman are you talking about Inquisition or one of the older ones?

I am talking about the first one.

• Options
    The very first one. I picked it up the other day for 10. I enjoy it a lot ... but ... he and the party has died so much, its kinda real pathetic.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Unless you are a mage with a heal spell you probably will die alot till you get Wynne at the mages tower. Or at least I did.
    It helps if you use the pause button frequently to control who is doing what and you can use that to pause and command someone to drink a potion.

• Options
    Heck, it took me forever to realize I didnt need arrows ...
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Unless you are a mage with a heal spell you probably will die alot till you get Wynne at the mages tower. Or at least I did.
    It helps if you use the pause button frequently to control who is doing what and you can use that to pause and command someone to drink a potion.

You'll need Wynne later yea but i've found Alistair Leliana and Morgan to be the best combo early on . This is especially true if you have the battledress of the provocateur from completing Leliana's Song .
  • Options

You'll need Wynne later yea but i've found Alistair Leliana and Morgan to be the best combo early on . This is especially true if you have the battledress of the provocateur from completing Leliana's Song .

Plus the fact that listening to Alistair and Morgaine snipe at each other can be entertaining. :P

• Options

Plus the fact that listening to Alistair and Morgaine snipe at each other can be entertaining. :P

so true .
  • Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    I had no clue which Dragon Age game you were talking about until you said Origins. I'm holding off on buying Inquisition until a price drop.

No matter who I play as Alistair always has a permanent slot in my party. I love him too much to let him sit around at camp.

Mage is the most fun class. Just nuke everything with their AoE spells and use mana clash to insta-kill enemy mages. Gotta be careful of friendly fire though.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Oh, I thought it was Inquisition.
  • Options
    I remember playing Origins for the first time and thinking "So when do we get Phoenix downs?". Apparently there are no revival items there, which I think is ridiculous. You're pretty much forced to rely on a mage (with the somewhat elusive Spirit Healer spec) to do it for you. If you don't recruit Wynne you're screwed.

I still think it's more ridiculous that they removed healing SPELLS in Inquisition. I tend to save items for emergencies. They say it balances the game, and I hope they're right.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    No healing spells in Inquisition? Well dang I am going to die...

• Options

There's a new barrier spell that gives you a 2nd health bar, though. Prevention over cure, I guess. It's an AoE spell, though.

• Options
    prot spells only work well in games if you have heal spells to back them up though .
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

There's a new barrier spell that gives you a 2nd health bar, though. Prevention over cure, I guess. It's an AoE spell, though.

Hmm well I will see how that goes when I get the game. I have almost never used protection spells unless fighting a super powerful boss in a game. Usually my philosophy is hit it harder than it hits you..

• Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    The very first one. I picked it up the other day for 10. I enjoy it a lot ... but ... he and the party has died so much, its kinda real pathetic.
    The Original DA ?
    Origin gave it for free a couple months ago. :(
    Check this every so often ! ;)
    https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/free-games/on-the-house

• Options

Dragon Age .... woohoo.

Seriously. That was not something I was expecting.
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited December 2014
    Love DAO, too bad I missed the free giveaway on Origin :(

The story is the best in the series, I'm currently playing DAI, 50 hours and still haven't finished the game. lol

Technically there's a special heal all skill in Inquisition, but not as convenient and handy as the heal spell in previous games. I was disappointed I couldn't be a Healer... :(
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    I am now in the final battle in the game. All I can say is OMG, the story/writing is .... it blows my mind.

My first character is a male dwarf thief, from the commoner. If you never played the dwarf commoner ... ( don't go further if you haven't)

Every person in his life has used him, and most have ended up leaving. His mother, sister, best friend Leske, Duncan, now Alistar and Morrigan.

• Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    In origins, archery doesn't really become useful until level 12+
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock