Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Households not saving to the Gallery or My Library

The game message tells me it was saved, but when I go to My Library to look, it's not there. If I upload it to the Gallery, it's still not in My Library. Any ideas? I don't want to lose households, especially since it usually takes me more than awhile to create them.

Comments

• Options
    bk1226bk1226 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm having the same problem. It seems to be happening when a sim in the household is wearing custom content items (hair, clothing, accessories, etc.). Households are showing up in the library when a sim is only wearing original content items. I moved all custom content items and mods from the mods folder to the downloads folder, uninstalled and reinstalled Sims 4, and moved the custom content items and mods back to the mods folder. Problem still occurs. It must be a glitch from the December update that was released 12/16/14.
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Do they contain CC? If so, try checking the box under Advanced options to Include Custom Content.
  • Options
    pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    Might be the same issue as this and this - the Advanced stuff is broken in Offline Mode.
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • Options
    WitchCat26WitchCat26 Posts: 21 Member
    > @SpradaciSproj said:
    > Do they contain CC? If so, try checking the box under Advanced options to Include Custom Content.

That was totally it. Which is weird, because I was seeing custom content on the gallery from everyone else. But, yay. Thanks!
  • Options
    @WitchCat26 You're welcome. :) I'm glad it was an easy fix.
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    Thank you. This helped me too.
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    Still cant be signed online and go in the game though....
  • Options
    richdrerichdre Posts: 4 New Member
    That works if you're online. If you're offline you're out of luck. No option to view saved sims with CC.
  • Options
    MightySparksMightySparks Posts: 80 Member
    I'm having this problem too, but I can't click on the advanced options button to do anything. It just lets me hover and gives me a code. I save my households every generation in case something goes wrong, so I guess I can't play any more until this is fixed :(
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I'm having this problem too, but I can't click on the advanced options button to do anything. It just lets me hover and gives me a code. I save my households every generation in case something goes wrong, so I guess I can't play any more until this is fixed :(

The code solution is to uninstall and reinstall (a better solution is said to be on the way, but it might not help with this patch). That might clear the other problem up too.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    FantasyGamingFantasyGaming Posts: 2 New Member
    > @bk1226 said:
    > I'm having the same problem. It seems to be happening when a sim in the household is wearing custom content items (hair, clothing, accessories, etc.). Households are showing up in the library when a sim is only wearing original content items. I moved all custom content items and mods from the mods folder to the downloads folder, uninstalled and reinstalled Sims 4, and moved the custom content items and mods back to the mods folder. Problem still occurs. It must be a glitch from the December update that was released 12/16/14.
    > @SpradaciSproj said:
    > Do they contain CC? If so, try checking the box under Advanced options to Include Custom Content.
    Thank you so much!
  • Options
    EvaE1izabethEvaE1izabeth Posts: 49 New Member
    I can't even save to my own library. I don't use the gallery much but I tried uploading and it didn't work, either. It acts like it is saving, but then when I check my library or the gallery it isn't there. I checked my game files, too, and emptied the bin, but it didn't make a difference. However, there is a box checked 'modded' and it says my CC is auto-detected, but if those are the advanced options, they're grayed out so I can't change anything.
  • Options
    @FantasyGaming You're welcome - I'm glad it worked. :)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I am having the same problems in over a week :D

Its just broken for me as nothing will share or save :\ making it pointless for me to even keeping the Sims 4 instaled!

Its not just happening with CC :\
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    halfnotes9halfnotes9 Posts: 163 Member
    I did that today, too, but it also isn't letting me go "online" to play. My internet is working and so is origin. Wondered if you were having this issue, too?
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Hmm. So they didn't include the 'Show CC' when viewing your own library offline. Probably because they figure if it's in -your- library, you must have whatever CC is used. But then they hid all content with CC in your own library offline. <sighs>

Hope they fix this soon. I'm glad there's a work-around, but I'm not really fond of having to keep switching to online mode to see all of my Sims.

(Expect this should really be in 'Bugs & Issues.')
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    MistyDiamond117MistyDiamond117 Posts: 1 New Member
    No matter hows many times I tried, but the recent patch update is preventing me from saving my households to my library or the Sims 4 Gallery. I've just download brand new custom content for my game and I want to use it sooo bad on my creations and then save my work. PLEASE MAXIS/EA, DO SOMETHING!!!!!!
  • Options
    No matter hows many times I tried, but the recent patch update is preventing me from saving my households to my library or the Sims 4 Gallery. I've just download brand new custom content for my game and I want to use it sooo bad on my creations and then save my work. PLEASE MAXIS/EA, DO SOMETHING!!!!!!

Are you not able to set the Gallery to show CC? That should permit you to save those.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I wish I would have seen this thread BEFORE I uninstalled and did a fresh install thinking that might fix the issue!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    claytonmastclaytonmast Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm having an issue where I upload something on the gallery and then it glitches out on me and refuses to un-upload when I click the cloud thing. I launched my game today after not playing the game in sometime, and the house I wanted gone cooperated, but I was going to look at my file where all of my gallery downloads are, and there was nothing there!(Except for the sims that EA gave us in the beginning that we cannot delete) This is all very confusing to me and my game constantly finds new ways to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off and it always fixes itself, however this problem has not resolved!!!! Someone please help i'm no tecky whiz at any computer things and all I want is my gallery downloads back! :s :'(
  • Options
    mazhylismazhylis Posts: 85 Member
    edited February 2015
    i had same problem , tyvm ;p
  • Options
    cyberragacyberraga Posts: 53 Member
    pls help
  • Options
    cyberraga wrote: »
    pls help

Check the earlier posts in this topic: you can tick an Advanced setting in the Gallery to enable CC, and then you should be able to save any household.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    cyberraga wrote: »
    pls help

Check the earlier posts in this topic: you can tick an Advanced setting in the Gallery to enable CC, and then you should be able to save any household.

Omg, this worked! Thank you so much, I was getting more than a little frustrated at a blank library too.

Cookie for the help, lol. :D

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Older Sims with cc can still be seen in your personal library when you are offline. It was changed with one of the recent patches. Any Sims with cc that were created after that patch, whether made by you or downloaded from the gallery, cannot be seen in your library when offline because of the "advanced features" (which allows you to see/hide items with cc) not being available when in offline mode. The default setting is to hide them, and has to be enabled every time you want to look at them.