Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone still play this?

Comments

• Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    I open my copy sometimes to play with building. The base game itself has so many elements missing I just don't enjoy playing the game itself. And even in building I'm not totally happy but I paid so much for Sims 4 I feel obligated to do something with the game once in awhile. The RPG parts of the game really turn me off. I love RPG like Dragon Age Inquisition but in Sims I want my sandbox back so I can play the way I want to.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    Arletta wrote: »
    It was all over the S3 forum too.

I have no idea what was going on in the U.S. but for the german forum(s) it's a lie. Yes you found here and there a negativ thread but it has never been that frequently and on a regular bases like with sims 4 now.
    I once saw somebody ask where the next EP was a week after an EP release because they had done everything it had to offer and were bored.

I saw threads created by people who deinstalled sims 4 after 1 hour because it was boring. No offense but this means nothing. What helps and may lead to an adequate answer is to compare the base of both games.

Sims 4 is a doll house, the sims are boring because they are replacable background-actors without a "story", without a "life", without real (!) wishes, the game randomly spawns them (they don't just visit a place because they want to). I would even say, at the most they are moving objects like an animation player to fulfill the purpose of trigger an animation. With the sims 4 you have a closed world that provides neighborhoods which may be full of sims but at the same time feel dead and lifeless (sims are always creating clusters and behaving the same way, it's kinda predictable and boring).

Now the base of Sims 3 is a life simulation game within a huge town simulation ( no freaking doll house!! I thing this fact is very important here). You actually care for other sims because they have their own life (for example you see them doing stuff in their gardens etc.), their own problems and that gives the game the potential to creat your own opera with funny and sad stories. It's an open, almost endless world which you can form or just watch it growing and change.

So if u compare those two concepts i think the answer is pretty easy to give which game will entertain you longer.

It was true on the English forums. People constantly posted that they were bored or the game was broken.

Yeah, it was great so long as you could get past the foot stomping and reading that all sims did. The neighbourhood sims left the house to stand outside of a bookstore and read. I truly miss it. Fascinating was open world. I managed to get to three generations before the game glitched on me and made playing it impossible due to broken immersion, if not a game breaking bug. Oh, not forgetting, of course, the babies that the whole world didn't have. Said same third generation had one other child in my sim child's class.

Anyway, I didn't post to get into an argument. The generalisation that everyone finds The Sims 4 boring annoyed me, along with no other series of the sims being found boring (not true either, there were plenty of complaints on the sims 3 english forums that the game was boring), prompting my initial post. I'm sure people do find TS4 boring, as people did of TS3. I'm sure though that there's others that play both TS3 and TS4 that don't feel it necessary to post on the forums that they find if interesting.
    Ah, that hoax again: sims just reading books. Along with the ghost towns.
    The lots my sims visit are quite crowded (up to seven sims which is enough for me) and they don't just read books.
    They talk, they flirt with each other, they participate in whatever the lot contains (gym, funfair, restaurant, park, party). To be honest I don't see the sims in S4 doing a whole lot more than that. And I don't see a lot of baby's born in this game as well.

You stumbled over the use of the word 'everyone'. I just think Sims 4 has a bigger problem being considered boring than the predecessors.

Words again. "Hoax" is pretty strong. I never noticed excessive book-reading, but in the base game my TS3 towns turned into ghost towns. People would move away without notice, including love interests. There were weird single-parent families with clone children. I gave up playing very shortly after I got the base game and did not come back until someone told me about Twallan's mods.

Hmm, interesting, some of these things sound very much like what TS4 is going through right now. I have to say, though, that I have found ways to work around these problems in TS4 that I never found in TS3 until the NRAAS mods started coming out, and I find it much more interesting than TS3 ever was, even after multiple EPs.

You know what? I think I have it figured out. What we have here are lots of different people who like and dislike different things, who find different things interesting and boring. Wow. Diversity. What a concept.

First of all I have to explain I use words here in a language that isn't mine, which means I may sometimes miss a deeper meaning that is felt by people who have English as their first language. With hoax I mean something that's presented as a fact but it is not. Because it is not in this case.

I've been playing Sims 3 from december 2009 up till now and I really can't remember when and if things have been changed. When I speak of Sims 3 I mean Sims 3 as it is now, vanilla. But looking back... I remember community lots with other sims from the very beginning, it's where my first sims met the townies that were all new to me. I married them until I found out the puddingface wasn't an inevitable element in the game and it was wiser to create my own spouse.

I don't understand what you mean by some of these things sound very much like what TS4 is going through right now. I have to say, though, that I have found ways to work around these problems in TS4 that I never found in TS3 until the NRAAS mods started coming out, and I find it much more interesting than TS3 ever was, even after multiple EPs." Talking about 'words', these are words but you explain nothing. You mean Sims 3 had issues (not for me untill After Midnight was released) and so does Sims 4, but you solved the Sims 4 issues and not the Sims 3 issues? Speaking for myself: there's only one issue that forced me into changing my plans: my band not getting any gigs. Everything else I found solutions for (without mods). You found a solution for genetics not functioning? Or things like this?:

12-11-14_23-15_zps8abbbb9c.png

I'm really curious what interesting gameplay you find in Sims 4 that can't be found in S3, 'even after multiple EPs'.
    Apart from smooth animations and random and repetitive gameplay (buy a toy, buy a toy, buy a toy you childless sim!)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    JaciJade wrote: »
    I open my copy sometimes to play with building. The base game itself has so many elements missing I just don't enjoy playing the game itself. And even in building I'm not totally happy but I paid so much for Sims 4 I feel obligated to do something with the game once in awhile. The RPG parts of the game really turn me off. I love RPG like Dragon Age Inquisition but in Sims I want my sandbox back so I can play the way I want to.

I don't even do that anymore. And I willingly admit that the building aspect is superior in S4 against S3. But the game itself is just dead and playing with dead things just isn't appealing to me.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Everything else I found solutions for (without mods). You found a solution for genetics not functioning? Or things like this?:

Wait... Are genetics broken for some people in The Sims 4? My children normally never look like identical copies of their parents (which sometimes would happen in The sims 3) and thankfully are not inheriting recoloured hair (which I kept on encountering with The Sims 3 vanilla. You change your pregnant sims hair colour, their baby is born with the changed haircolour -_-)
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited December 2014

I have no idea what was going on in the U.S. but for the german forum(s) it's a lie. Yes you found here and there a negativ thread but it has never been that frequently and on a regular bases like with sims 4 now.
    I once saw somebody ask where the next EP was a week after an EP release because they had done everything it had to offer and were bored.

I saw threads created by people who deinstalled sims 4 after 1 hour because it was boring. No offense but this means nothing. What helps and may lead to an adequate answer is to compare the base of both games.

Sims 4 is a doll house, the sims are boring because they are replacable background-actors without a "story", without a "life", without real (!) wishes, the game randomly spawns them (they don't just visit a place because they want to). I would even say, at the most they are moving objects like an animation player to fulfill the purpose of trigger an animation. With the sims 4 you have a closed world that provides neighborhoods which may be full of sims but at the same time feel dead and lifeless (sims are always creating clusters and behaving the same way, it's kinda predictable and boring).

Now the base of Sims 3 is a life simulation game within a huge town simulation ( no freaking doll house!! I thing this fact is very important here). You actually care for other sims because they have their own life (for example you see them doing stuff in their gardens etc.), their own problems and that gives the game the potential to creat your own opera with funny and sad stories. It's an open, almost endless world which you can form or just watch it growing and change.

So if u compare those two concepts i think the answer is pretty easy to give which game will entertain you longer.

It was true on the English forums. People constantly posted that they were bored or the game was broken.

Yeah, it was great so long as you could get past the foot stomping and reading that all sims did. The neighbourhood sims left the house to stand outside of a bookstore and read. I truly miss it. Fascinating was open world. I managed to get to three generations before the game glitched on me and made playing it impossible due to broken immersion, if not a game breaking bug. Oh, not forgetting, of course, the babies that the whole world didn't have. Said same third generation had one other child in my sim child's class.

Anyway, I didn't post to get into an argument. The generalisation that everyone finds The Sims 4 boring annoyed me, along with no other series of the sims being found boring (not true either, there were plenty of complaints on the sims 3 english forums that the game was boring), prompting my initial post. I'm sure people do find TS4 boring, as people did of TS3. I'm sure though that there's others that play both TS3 and TS4 that don't feel it necessary to post on the forums that they find if interesting.
    The lots my sims visit are quite crowded (up to seven sims which is enough for me) and they don't just read books.
    They talk, they flirt with each other, they participate in whatever the lot contains (gym, funfair, restaurant, park, party). To be honest I don't see the sims in S4 doing a whole lot more than that. And I don't see a lot of baby's born in this game as well.

You stumbled over the use of the word 'everyone'. I just think Sims 4 has a bigger problem being considered boring than the predecessors.

Words again. "Hoax" is pretty strong. I never noticed excessive book-reading, but in the base game my TS3 towns turned into ghost towns. People would move away without notice, including love interests. There were weird single-parent families with clone children. I gave up playing very shortly after I got the base game and did not come back until someone told me about Twallan's mods.

Hmm, interesting, some of these things sound very much like what TS4 is going through right now. I have to say, though, that I have found ways to work around these problems in TS4 that I never found in TS3 until the NRAAS mods started coming out, and I find it much more interesting than TS3 ever was, even after multiple EPs.

You know what? I think I have it figured out. What we have here are lots of different people who like and dislike different things, who find different things interesting and boring. Wow. Diversity. What a concept.

First of all I have to explain I use words here in a language that isn't mine, which means I may sometimes miss a deeper meaning that is felt by people who have English as their first language. With hoax I mean something that's presented as a fact but it is not. Because it is not in this case.

I've been playing Sims 3 from december 2009 up till now and I really can't remember when and if things have been changed. When I speak of Sims 3 I mean Sims 3 as it is now, vanilla. But looking back... I remember community lots with other sims from the very beginning, it's where my first sims met the townies that were all new to me. I married them until I found out the puddingface wasn't an inevitable element in the game and it was wiser to create my own spouse.

I don't understand what you mean by some of these things sound very much like what TS4 is going through right now. I have to say, though, that I have found ways to work around these problems in TS4 that I never found in TS3 until the NRAAS mods started coming out, and I find it much more interesting than TS3 ever was, even after multiple EPs." Talking about 'words', these are words but you explain nothing. You mean Sims 3 had issues (not for me untill After Midnight was released) and so does Sims 4, but you solved the Sims 4 issues and not the Sims 3 issues? Speaking for myself: there's only one issue that forced me into changing my plans: my band not getting any gigs. Everything else I found solutions for (without mods). You found a solution for genetics not functioning? Or things like this?:

I'm really curious what interesting gameplay you find in Sims 4 that can't be found in S3, 'even after multiple EPs'.
    Apart from smooth animations and random and repetitive gameplay (buy a toy, buy a toy, buy a toy you childless sim!)

Your definition of hoax is basically correct: a hoax is a deception. However, in saying that the Sims 3 "ghost town" issue is a hoax, you are calling everyone who experienced it a liar. You are saying that the "ghost town" issue was a deception, something that never happened. Apparently it never happened to you, and I'm happy for you. But it did happen to me and to others. Therefore, it is not a hoax ... unless I am lying. Which I am not.

It sounds like you pretty much understood the rest of what I was saying, based on your comments. If it was not your experience, fine and good. It was my experience that I was relating.

ETA: I forgot to address your question about interesting gameplay. I've stated what I like about the game in multiple threads you've been in, and do not feel like going over it again, just to have you and others jump on me and try to say that what I find fun and interesting is stupid and not worthwhile. If you don't like it, all fine and good. I like it. There is nothing I can do to make you like it, and vice versa. I accept this. How about you give it a try?
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    No, I don't play the Sims 3 anymore. I already uninstalled it and I'm not planning to reinstall and/or play it again until it is redone or replaced with a proper simulation game. No matter how much EP's or SP's they release, I'm not buying anything else on The Sims 4 unless it is fixed and rehabilitated to be a true The Sims.

ETA: I'm playing Sims 2 and Sims 3 at the moment, and having so much fun. :)
    Uhm I think you made a typo, right? First you said you uninstalled Sims 3 but in your last sentence you say you play it. So I think you uninstalled Sims 4, right?

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    No, I don't play the Sims 3 anymore. I already uninstalled it and I'm not planning to reinstall and/or play it again until it is redone or replaced with a proper simulation game. No matter how much EP's or SP's they release, I'm not buying anything else on The Sims 4 unless it is fixed and rehabilitated to be a true The Sims.

ETA: I'm playing Sims 2 and Sims 3 at the moment, and having so much fun. :)
    Uhm I think you made a typo, right? First you said you uninstalled Sims 3 but in your last sentence you say you play it. So I think you uninstalled Sims 4, right?

Yes I'm sure that's what she means. Easily done, those numbers are close on the keyboard :smile:
  • Options
    AnaCecilia63AnaCecilia63 Posts: 190 Member
    edited December 2014
    @Cyron43 Yes, sorry. I meant The Sims 4. I uninstalled Sims 4 and not planning to reinstall it anytime soon. I have never stopped playing The Sims 3! And recently I started playing The Sims 2 again. Loved it as always. <3

Thank you and sorry for the confusing post. o:)

ETA: @sparkfairy1 I just saw your post. Yes the numbers are close in the keyboard, plus sometimes I type so fast. My bad, lol. Thank you! ;)
    Post edited by AnaCecilia63 on
    My Tumblr
    My Blog
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win". ~ Mahatma Gandhi.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Everything else I found solutions for (without mods). You found a solution for genetics not functioning? Or things like this?:

Wait... Are genetics broken for some people in The Sims 4? My children normally never look like identical copies of their parents (which sometimes would happen in The sims 3) and thankfully are not inheriting recoloured hair (which I kept on encountering with The Sims 3 vanilla. You change your pregnant sims hair colour, their baby is born with the changed haircolour -_-)
    Your surprise surprises me (there were several topics discussing the problem), yes, they are (or were, I've missed if it was fixed in the last patch). All males growing up changed (small eyes and square jawline). Premade infants grew up with a different look after a patch.
    If that happens to every male in town it's far from realistic of course.
    When I aged my boy in the game he definitely had the small eyes and square jaw. His parents had not.
    It's true in real life children often don't have copied features from their parents, but there are similarities.
    When two parents have small jawlines and their son has a chin like an iron there's something off.

The haircolour never bothered me because Ive been able to change that from the very beginning. It's not perfect but it's no game spoiler.
    In fact sometimes I like the game making a choice. My darkbrown haired heir and his blond girlfriend had a daughter with reddish-lichtbrown hair. I decided to keep it that way, children often don't have the very same colour as their parents (mine don't for instance). And sometimes I change the haircolour anyway, because the haircolour of the other parent is more suitable for that particular sim.
    But concerning genetics and features Sims 3 has always been completely reliable. I only regret the clones. They should have programmed it so that you'd always get mixes.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Your definition of hoax is basically correct: a hoax is a deception. However, in saying that the Sims 3 "ghost town" issue is a hoax, you are calling everyone who experienced it a liar. You are saying that the "ghost town" issue was a deception, something that never happened. Apparently it never happened to you, and I'm happy for you. But it did happen to me and to others. Therefore, it is not a hoax ... unless I am lying. Which I am not.

It sounds like you pretty much understood the rest of what I was saying, based on your comments. If it was not your experience, fine and good. It was my experience that I was relating.

ETA: I forgot to address your question about interesting gameplay. I've stated what I like about the game in multiple threads you've been in, and do not feel like going over it again, just to have you and others jump on me and try to say that what I find fun and interesting is stupid and not worthwhile. If you don't like it, all fine and good. I like it. There is nothing I can do to make you like it, and vice versa. I accept this. How about you give it a try?
    You stated you 'gave up playing very shortly after you got the base game'. I'm not calling you a liar, I think people like you are having an opinion about a game they hardly know. And I can imagine in comparison to Sims 2 the lots did feel empty, when in fact they were not. When people say sims on the lots they are visiting all read, they are either exaggerating (which is a form of lying of course) or they play on a low end computer that handles the game in a different manner (there must be some reason cause they do entirely different things in my game). I posted some pics and those pictures don't lie at any rate. When my sims go to community lots, as soon as I gave them the order, other sims start rushing in there. It's clearly programmed that way. They talk to each other, they talk to my sim, they flirt, they kiss, they have arguments, they work out, they take a ride on the merry go round and when they're at the library they read.

I also can imagine the open world felt huge for some people by the way. It's a completely different experience than playing on one lot and travelling by loading screens. So you see, there are all kinds of possibilities other than 'lying' to explain the different experience. So yeah, definitely a hoax then.

Forgive me for not remembering each and every comment you posted on this forum. I don't remember reading about gameplay Sims 4 has that Sims 3 hasn't. It's always about crowds of sims starting to talk to yours (I experienced that one too), having a drink while watching tv and autonomic hugs. My sims in 3 can collect things, they can cook and they can take care of a garden. They can even hug and talk to other sims. And their emotions are very reliable and accurate in relation to the mess emotions are in 4. On top of that they can do a lot of other things my sims in 4 can't. @KrayzieStryker showed that perfectly earlier in this topic.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Your surprise surprises me (there were several topics discussing the problem), yes, they are (or were, I've missed if it was fixed in the last patch). All males growing up changed (small eyes and square jawline). Premade infants grew up with a different look after a patch.
    If that happens to every male in town it's far from realistic of course.
    When I aged my boy in the game he definitely had the small eyes and square jaw. His parents had not.
    It's true in real life children often don't have copied features from their parents, but there are similarities.
    When two parents have small jawlines and their son has a chin like an iron there's something off.

The haircolour never bothered me because Ive been able to change that from the very beginning. It's not perfect but it's no game spoiler.
    In fact sometimes I like the game making a choice. My darkbrown haired heir and his blond girlfriend had a daughter with reddish-lichtbrown hair. I decided to keep it that way, children often don't have the very same colour as their parents (mine don't for instance). And sometimes I change the haircolour anyway, because the haircolour of the other parent is more suitable for that particular sim.
    But concerning genetics and features Sims 3 has always been completely reliable. I only regret the clones. They should have programmed it so that you'd always get mixes.

Maybe that's because I got the game on black Friday sale, but for me the genetics were consistent so far. Though it does remind me when one Wildstar update accidentally changed the jaws of all Aurin males XD
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited December 2014
    @astridentanja

You know, I only discovered that you believe me to be a liar upon quoting you. I really dislike being called a liar. There is no way however, without co-operation between photobucket and my computer, which doesn't seem inclined to happen, that I can refute that I'm telling lies. I'm not, but the choice of believing me along with others is on you, not on me.

You have to accept, I suppose, that others don't find the open world in TS3 as you do, the be all and end all. To me it was annoying at best and boring at worst. It became more interesting after Seasons released, but I barely took anybody anywhere. Watching the sims homes was just as interesting as watching the rabbit holes. The Uni world was always active, even on my computer which apparently is the reason that my sims and others are addicted to reading. I'm happy you solved that problem for me. I didn't post to do down TS3. I like TS3. I haven't played in a while but that's not unusual.

I accept that your open world ran like a dream, with no sims stood around reading or other issues. Good for you. If you say that's how your game was, I'll do you the courtesy of believing you.

I also accept that others dislike TS4, that see it as not good enough, not enough family play and for some will never please them no matter what the devs do. I happen to like it, but that's me, not others.

I don't see the point in arguing with you. I definitely didn't post for a TS3 v TS4 debate. I like what I like and dislike what I don't like, as do you. There are things in TS4 I like and dislike, just as there are about TS3.

Please don't call me a liar again.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    @astridentanja

You know, I only discovered that you believe me to be a liar upon quoting you. I really dislike being called a liar. There is no way however, without co-operation between photobucket and my computer, which doesn't seem inclined to happen, that I can refute that I'm telling lies. I'm not, but the choice of believing me along with others is on you, not on me.

You have to accept, I suppose, that others don't find the open world in TS3 as you do, the be all and end all. To me it was annoying at best and boring at worst. It became more interesting after Seasons released, but I barely took anybody anywhere. Watching the sims homes was just as interesting as watching the rabbit holes. The Uni world was always active, even on my computer which apparently is the reason that my sims and others are addicted to reading. I'm happy you solved that problem for me. I didn't post to do down TS3. I like TS3. I haven't played in a while but that's not unusual.

I accept that your open world ran like a dream, with no sims stood around reading or other issues. Good for you. If you say that's how your game was, I'll do you the courtesy of believing you.

I also accept that others dislike TS4, that see it as not good enough, not enough family play and for some will never please them no matter what the devs do. I happen to like it, but that's me, not others.

I don't see the point in arguing with you. I definitely didn't post for a TS3 v TS4 debate. I like what I like and dislike what I don't like, as do you. There are things in TS4 I like and dislike, just as there are about TS3.

Please don't call me a liar again.
    When did I call you a liar :\ ? I don't remember ever referring to you personally. You're really confusing me. I said:

- I think people like you (MsPhy) are having an opinion about a game they hardly know (that's not lying)
    - And I can imagine in comparison to Sims 2 the lots did feel empty, when in fact they were not (not lying, I even understand that)
    - When people say sims on the lots they are visiting all read, they are either exaggerating (which is a form of lying of course) (closest to lying I got, did you declare somewhere they read all the time, is that why you feel adressed to?)
    - or they play on a low end computer that handles the game in a different manner (there must be some reason cause they do entirely different things in my game). (no lying)
    - I also can imagine the open world felt huge for some people by the way. It's a completely different experience than playing on one lot and travelling by loading screens. (again: no lying)

And I ended with: So you see, there are all kinds of possibilities other than 'lying' to explain the different experience.

Please allow me to express my opinions in general concerning all kinds of things I read on these forums, without having to fear I step on specific people's toes without even thinking about them. I never accused you of anything anywhere.

We are talking about a game here. Some say the lots in this game are empty and sims that do visit all do nothing but reading.
    Others say the lots are not empty and they do a lot of other things than reading. And I illustrated they do in my game.

4174131_orig.png

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Here are my "empty" bars. :\

Screenshot-27_zps3f6282ab.jpg
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited December 2014

Hoax would be a lie. The person you said was stating a hoax was me.

I never had any invisible sims. That doesn't mean the people who were saying they did weren't telling the truth or were exaggerating.

• Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    @astridentanja -- My sims are always active as well. Some read books, but not all. The world was never a ghost town and, at times, there was too many sims on a lot. Once, my sims were gathering eggs at a festive lot and then three adult sims showed up and cleared the lot of all the eggs in a matter of seconds...not fair to the little ones. :(

I do not play TS4 because the graphics resemble a those of a children's game. There was not much to the game play and even less to explore. TS4 just isn't the game for me.
  • Options
    bobyo2001 wrote: »

Gosh, you lucky! Was it the hotspot? Or something tagged as a hang out? Because I was only able to find that many in parks, not in bars :<
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member

Gosh, you lucky! Was it the hotspot? Or something tagged as a hang out? Because I was only able to find that many in parks, not in bars :<

If you create your own lot, there is a pre-determined amount of people that will show up depending on the lot type. A large park type, even if the area is small, will generate more visitors then a small park type, even if it large. Different spots, like lounges, bars, dance places, all have a NPC limit attached.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I never had any invisible sims. That doesn't mean the people who were saying they did weren't telling the truth or were exaggerating.
    What I meant was: people state this but it's not true. Because it's not true.
    I went back to your post and this is what you said:
    "Yeah, it was great so long as you could get past the foot stomping and reading that all sims did. The neighbourhood sims left the house to stand outside of a bookstore and read. I truly miss it."
    Not only are you speaking in general there (as long as "you" could get past... etc) as if it happens to everyone, you're also mocking people claiming they love playing the game. Are you implying we're liars by any chance there?

edit:
    I looked up the word I meant in my own language (broodjeaapverhaal): urban legend.
    So replace hoax by urban legend please.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member

"Yeah, it was great so long as you could get past the foot stomping and reading that all sims did. The neighbourhood sims left the house to stand outside of a bookstore and read. I truly miss it."
    Not only are you speaking in general there (as long as "you" could get past... etc) as if it happens to everyone, you're also mocking people claiming they love playing the game. Are you implying we're liars by any chance there?

edit:
    I looked up the word I meant in my own language (broodjeaapverhaal): urban legend.

If something truly happened to even one person, it is neither an urban legend nor a hoax. Both of those refer to an untruth. As it happens, ghost towns in Sims 3 happened to a lot of people, so it is neither an urban legend nor a hoax. When you say you did not experience this, I believe you; I do not say your experience was untrue, that it was an urban legend or a hoax. It was your experience; it happened. Kindly return the favor and stop denigrating the people who experienced ghost towns in Sims 3.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

It's always like this. It kinda depends on how strong your processor is, the more powerful it is, the more sims it will allow to spawn.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    I don't know. Seems to me that Sims 3's Stories and Legacies is even more active than Sims 4's.
    I also check Sims 4's Sims and Modeling regularly but it only gets like 2 post activity per day.

Such grim times we're living in right now.
  • Options

edit:

If something truly happened to even one person, it is neither an urban legend nor a hoax. Both of those refer to an untruth. As it happens, ghost towns in Sims 3 happened to a lot of people, so it is neither an urban legend nor a hoax. When you say you did not experience this, I believe you; I do not say your experience was untrue, that it was an urban legend or a hoax. It was your experience; it happened. Kindly return the favor and stop denigrating the people who experienced ghost towns in Sims 3.
    Stating it in general is an urban legend (and that's what happened here). I believe it has to do with high end or low end computers.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited December 2014

edit:

Oh come on, can we please stop this now? It's getting annoying. Fact is that many people had problems with TS3 but after some peeking into their setups it was always either some insufficient computer hardware, tons of cc or a borked neighborhood (or even all of that in one place). So with all due respect but those people can't say Sims 3 is crap in general terms but that's what they state most of the time.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    It's always like this. It kinda depends on how strong your processor is, the more powerful it is, the more sims it will allow to spawn.

I switched trough multiple computers, but it would never spawn multiple people for me. Even though right now I can run any game I want still with Maximum specs (despite having a medium end PC), but unless it's a hotspot or an open area like a park, my game just doesn't do it -_-