Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which is more scenic at night, Willow Creek or Oasis Springs?

Willow Creek
1wDU7gR.png
Yu2cogE.png
fh2Se8v.png
kcyE1C2.png
gkrJnG5.png

Oasis Springs
Hekca5Y.png
nJgd02Y.png
9DlWDJv.png
vMRzXZ0.png
XUUAwir.png
Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Oasis Springs, no doubt. It's my favorite world in the Sims 4, but my favorite world of all time is Monte Vista (nothing cannot compare to Monte Vista anyway XD).
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    i have never played in oases spring. Dont like the desert thing and if you dont come from the USA or somewhere from the middle east, its just a weird worlds were aliens are getting based xD
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I never thought I would say this, but I actually prefer Oasis Springs. When I first saw previews of the game I was like 'Oooh, Willow Creek looks nice' - but when I play I automatically go to Oasis Springs.

I just think it's a much more interesting landscape. And, you know, they have a dinosaur... It's no contest ;)
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Your night pics make WC look very nice. But tbh, I really like OS better.

But since I can go back and forth, I am not attached too much to either. I have households spread across both, and I am looking forward to spreading them out further when new worlds come out.
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    edited December 2014
    I grew up in the place that they modeled Lucky Springs & Oasis Springs after, I also LOVE the desert because I grew up in a desert and it's got this kind of hidden beauty that a lot of people don't recognize if they haven't grown up there or spent a lot of time in the desert.

I drove past the RL dinosaurs coming back home from Thanksgiving. (I moved away from the desert, so going back to my parents house for holidays I always see these.) I believe Palm Springs is the place they modeled Oasis Springs after, here's the dinosaurs:
    photops8.jpg
    I passed these coming home from any family road-trip and they always signaled getting closer to home, along with the windmills. They were always a comforting sight to see.
    5438706.jpg

The Windmills:
    Palm+Springs+Windmills.jpg

Oddly enough, I've spent most of my time in Willow Creek, so I couldn't say which one looks better in game, though I am probably partial to Oasis Springs because it reminds me of home.
  • Options
    mangoandgypsymangoandgypsy Posts: 41 Member
    I enjoy both of them. At first I didn't think I would like Oasis Springs at all, but it has grown on me. I'm looking forward to new scenery, though. I would like to see a misty mountain neighbourhood with fog and plenty of trees. I would also like to see a haunted neighbourhood!
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I think Willow Creek looks nice at night because of the boat, it is lit up at night, but I like them both.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,736 Member
    Your pictures that you have posted of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs at night time are very nice @Wilderwolf. :) I enjoyed looking at them. I like both worlds through the daytime and nightime.
  • Options
    Winifred_WWinifred_W Posts: 136 Member
    I think they are both beautiful. At first I was just playing in Willow Creek but decided to move some of my families to Oasis Springs and I am finding that it is truly beautiful. They are both beautiful but there is something about the desert and it's colors and the details that are included that I adore. I often spend time just checking out the scenery while my Sims are doing their thing inside.
    I would be super pleased if there was a mountainous park "neighborhood" created. Next to the desert, I love redwoods, pines and oak trees (think Yosemite or Big Basin) and it would be awesome to see what the Gurus would come up with creatively/artistically, especially if they match the details that they have included in the worlds they have provided so far.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Winifred_W wrote: »
    I think they are both beautiful. At first I was just playing in Willow Creek but decided to move some of my families to Oasis Springs and I am finding that it is truly beautiful. They are both beautiful but there is something about the desert and it's colors and the details that are included that I adore. I often spend time just checking out the scenery while my Sims are doing their thing inside.
    I would be super pleased if there was a mountainous park "neighborhood" created. Next to the desert, I love redwoods, pines and oak trees (think Yosemite or Big Basin) and it would be awesome to see what the Gurus would come up with creatively/artistically, especially if they match the details that they have included in the worlds they have provided so far.

I was thinking Big Basin when I suggested a mountain/wilderness retreat for a vacation spot -- my husband and I want to do a camping trip with one of the tent cabins they have, maybe next year during the spring or fall when it's off-peak (since we're retired we can go pretty much any time).

To the OP -- I love the scenery in Willow Creek at night, especially in the houses right next to the big river where the steamboat travels. One of my current families is in Brook Bungalow, and it's so cool at night to see the steamboat go by the windows.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)