Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm going to say 3 bad words...

promiseofraynepromiseofrayne Posts: 48 Member
The Sims Online (released 2002)..too soon? Look I'll be honest, I'm going to play TS4 and make the best out of it until improvements come. But if you were one who was "tested' on in TSO then you will know what I mean. If you don't, let's just say when EA keeps too many secrets, it's never good. I Would just like more information...14 years is a long time. I know we all don't like to talk about the elephant in the room, but it's a really BIG elephant.That's all I will say for now, trying to stay positive. I have found another way to stay engaged playing, however, I am running out of lot room. Just getting a little upset by some of the "we can't say" comments coming from higher.
Post edited by promiseofrayne on

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    The SimGurus can tell us, but they don't want to anger anyone.

Besides, I love surprises. :heart_eyes:
  • Options
    > @colton147 said:
    > The SimGurus can tell us, but they don't want to anger anyone.
    >
    > Besides, I love surprises. :heart_eyes:

You always make me giggle haha, Thanks
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    colton147 wrote: »

TS4 was a surprise I regret recieving...

Remember in the summer when we kept getting those 'no comment' and 'we can't talk about that yet' comments. Look at what we ended up with.
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    As in online features put into Sims 4, or another online version of sims being created?
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »

Remember in the summer when we kept getting those 'no comment' and 'we can't talk about that yet' comments. Look at what we ended up with.

The Sims 4 is a step-up from all of the previous Sims games combined. ;)
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Where are the bad words?
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    The Sims Online..too soon? Look I'll be honest, I'm going to play TS4 and make the best out of it until improvements come. But if you were one who was "tested' on in TSO then you will know what I mean. If you don't, let's just say when EA keeps too many secrets, it's never good. I Would just like more information...14 years is a long time. I know we all don't like to talk about the elephant in the room, but it's a really BIG elephant.That's all I will say for now, trying to stay positive. I have found another way to stay engaged playing, however, I am running out of lot room. Just getting a little upset by some of the "we can't say" comments coming from higher.
    Sims 4 was first designed to be an online game (project Olympus) but they scrapped it, took the rest of it and made it Sims 4 in the time they got left.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    (2002-2004??) The Sims Online. lol I played because I was a Sims fan. I believe it was only made to fund TS3, quite the disaster...very fun at first and then EA stopped updating, changed the name, and cut the project (it escalated quite quickly towards the end)
  • Options
    munchie885 wrote: »

The Sims 4 is a step-up from all of the previous Sims games combined. ;)

Why you lying like that though?
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Where are the bad words?

plum, plum and plum

There ya go! :grinning:

• Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    edited December 2014
    Kittenkiss wrote: »
    As in online features put into Sims 4, or another online version of sims being created?

Could possibly be referencing the project olympus version of TS4.
    latest?cb=20130521220327

EDIT: Really, Wikia? Reducing image sizes again... ugh..... Click this if you want to see a similar image.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited December 2014
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    The Sims Online..too soon? Look I'll be honest, I'm going to play TS4 and make the best out of it until improvements come. But if you were one who was "tested' on in TSO then you will know what I mean. If you don't, let's just say when EA keeps too many secrets, it's never good. I Would just like more information...14 years is a long time. I know we all don't like to talk about the elephant in the room, but it's a really BIG elephant.That's all I will say for now, trying to stay positive. I have found another way to stay engaged playing, however, I am running out of lot room. Just getting a little upset by some of the "we can't say" comments coming from higher.
    Sims 4 was first designed to be an online game (project Olympus) but they scrapped it, took the rest of it and made it Sims 4 in the time they got left.

What's this project Olympus? I keep seeing it around some threads.
  • Options
    No one remembers The Sims Online??? wow... EA is good
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Google "The Sims Online" images, I tell no lies LOL
    And I do not mean project Olympus. I mean an actual The Sims Online. A game released by EA/Maxis in the early 2000s. It was 9.95 monthly
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    The only thing I remember is seeing it in the shop, and not being interested in an internet game. Probably 'cos, my internet was poor. Also, I was a poor university student. :)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I remember it but didn't play. Only TS1, 2, 3, and now 4.

I'm glad they backed out of making TS4 online. Not sure if EA would ever consider making another stand alone online sim game besides the FB version.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    It was a good concept but they couldn't keep up with the updating and maintenance. They eventually called it EA Playland and cut it right before releasing TS3. I was young and met some cool people on there. I do not want another online Sims game. The secrecy is the same between TSO and TS4 to me right now. Or else they're going to blow me away.
  • Options
    No one remembers The Sims Online??? wow... EA is good

Who could forget that apocalyptic disaster...
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    I actually wish they continued making that online game instead of this online-wannabe closed world game
  • Options
    doaoc07doaoc07 Posts: 81 Member
    > @promiseofrayne said:
    > No one remembers The Sims Online??? wow... EA is good

I honestly don't. O_O They're good at covering their tracks I guess. hahaha
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I would never play sims online. Ever.
  • Options
    Plumbobmad3Plumbobmad3 Posts: 153 Member
    I know we all don't like to talk about the elephant in the room, but it's a really BIG elephant.

You make a good point.

elephant-in-the-room.gif
    "I really ought to do something! ... though I am already in my pyjamas."

spider.gif

• Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    The Sims Online (released 2002)..too soon? Look I'll be honest, I'm going to play TS4 and make the best out of it until improvements come. But if you were one who was "tested' on in TSO then you will know what I mean. If you don't, let's just say when EA keeps too many secrets, it's never good. I Would just like more information...14 years is a long time. I know we all don't like to talk about the elephant in the room, but it's a really BIG elephant.That's all I will say for now, trying to stay positive. I have found another way to stay engaged playing, however, I am running out of lot room. Just getting a little upset by some of the "we can't say" comments coming from higher.

I've actually wondered, with talk of a "reboot", if that was not the reboot they were going for maybe figuring TSO was too far ahead of it's time and it might work this time. If that is the case, I think they lost sight of the fact most Sims players don't want an online game, they want their single player sandbox game. Which TS4 does not seem to satisfy.

Regards,

Krammy
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Sims online was beneath me. I had just gotten a playstation 2 and addicted to Kingdom Hearts, I barely knew the sims existed back then (I was 6). wasn't till now I got into the sims, so I don't know.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    KramYraelo wrote: »

I've actually wondered, with talk of a "reboot", if that was not the reboot they were going for maybe figuring TSO was too far ahead of it's time and it might work this time. If that is the case, I think they lost sight of the fact most Sims players don't want an online game, they want their single player sandbox game. Which TS4 does not seem to satisfy.

Regards,

Krammy

Exactly, I only played because it said Sims, but I rather enjoy my own little world