Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Storyteller Group

Comments

• Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Alrighty, I've managed to update the Skinner Family Tree to reflect all of the marriages and children, (and the deaths of all of Gen 3). I'm working on another blog update as we speak, but head over to see the new family tree and get caught up on all of the changes!

The Skinner Family Tree
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: Chapter 14 – Reckoning
    The honeymoon's over and the bills are due.
    150xlddxiv.png

Ok. So. Fourteen chapters to get to... the first set of bills! Good thing I finished reading my complete collection of Dickens last year so that I've got room on my reading slate for an extended adventure.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    WILLOW CREEK MUSIC AND ART SHOW
    painter-music-violin-guitar-sims-4-960x380.jpgMeet all of the visiting artists to join the Robinsons.
    Begins tomorrow Monday at 11AM!
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    UPDATE: Never mind, it seems to have healed itsownself! Unless one a you guys hacked your way in and fixed it for me. It wasn't anything I did.
    Hey: Anyone who uses WordPress: I managed to break part of my blog. WordPress somehow automagically builds this left/right arrow navigation thingy on the right side of the page that lets you go back and forth between chapters. But I broke it around Chapter 12. Beyond that point, it still goes "back" but the "forth" arrow is gone!

I can't figure out how to get in there and manually fix it. It may not even be fixable for all I know. Does anybody know how I can fix it, or get it to fix itsownself, or how to remove and replace it with one that works?

Thanks in advance! Y'all's help, input, advice and snarky comments are always greatly appreciated. I will be poking around in WordPress and will report back if I find a solution, but piles of unpaid bills and clean laundry and dirty dishes are starting to fall over and intermingle around here, so I really gotta attend some RL stuff too (Stupid RL stuff!).

You might want to experiment with a different theme. Not all themes use the right-left arrow navigation. I'm using the Blaskan theme, and I'm really happy with it. It's about the third theme I've tried, and I've stuck with it for the past few months. Also, with Blaskan and some others, you can create a "page" and have that serve as your TOC, which is great for readers who come late to the party, or those who want to revisit earlier episodes.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @robinsonfam - I'm excited! (Stage fright.)

• Options
    DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    edited November 2014
    @CathyTea It's going to be awesome sauce!

Sorry Cathy's head is cut off in the promo picture.
    Too lazy to resize it the right way.
    Trying to finish scheduling the festival posts.
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Ok. So. Fourteen chapters to get to... the first set of bills!
    LOL! I ain't gonna make it to Gen 10, am I? Y'all will be over carrying on in The Sims 7 forums and I'll be back here, all alone, trying to find a Primary Spouse for Dimenche IV. I already kinda miss you guys ... :'(

Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Ok. So. Fourteen chapters to get to... the first set of bills! Good thing I finished reading my complete collection of Dickens last year so that I've got room on my reading slate for an extended adventure.

(I forgot that the name of the author of A Christmas Carol translates to plum.)

• Options
    Silvereyes83Silvereyes83 Posts: 253 Member
  • Options
    Okie dokie...a new blog post is up! The Skinners are celebrating!

You're One of Us Now 5.10
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I did not realize that cuz I did not really read your whole post before I hit "quote" and read it in the text box -- apparently it shows every original word you input, even if the ones that end up 'plum''d. That could be good to know sometime. Don't tell the SimStaff or they might fix it! (I might tell SimStaffBethelle if it helps them earn a promotion; I owe SimStaffBethelle big time.)

[some stuff deleted]
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    Hahahaha! Try this one: Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus! hahahaha! (I'm going to create a game sometime with a Sim named Plum Andronicus, narrated by Charles Plum!)

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Hahahaha! Try this one: Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus! hahahaha! (I'm going to create a game sometime with a Sim named Plum Andronicus, narrated by Charles Plum!)
    Ba hahaha ha!
    I did report this (the phenomenon, not you!) to a SimStaff. It doesn't bother me, but I could just see some trolls getting a hold of this and ruining the board for people who are (quite reasonably) offended by plum-able language.

Post edited by Bilmonaghan on
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    Ba hahaha ha!
    I did report this (the phenomenon, not you!) to a SimStaff. It doesn't bother me, but I could just see some trolls getting a hold of this and ruining the board for people are (quite reasonably) offended by plum-able language.

I find it crazy that this is a real thing.

So...a LOT of things have happened while I gamed tonight. To stay up late and update my blog or to go to bed and update it tomorrow? Life is full of difficult decisions.

• Options
    ...Life is full of difficult decisions.
    Just go 'til you fall asleep at your keyboard. That way it's kinda not really a decision. (Of course, using that strategy may have been part of how I messed up my blog navigation thingy last night. lol)

ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    (Of course, using that strategy may have been part of how I messed up my blog navigation thingy last night. lol)

Ah...this way I can 'accidentally' delete your comments on my blog. Ah...I see your strategy now!
  • Options
    KingCobblerKingCobbler Posts: 176 Member
    A new chapter of The Washington Legacy is available here.

Summary: Wedding Extravaganza! :D

@aroseinbloom The Skinner Family Tree is amazing! There's so much detail! It looks fantastic! :D I've tried to make family trees for the Washingtons in the past, only to fail miserably. Would you mind terribly telling me which program you used to create it?
  • Options
    Would you mind terribly telling me which program you used to create it?

@KingCobbler I would not mind one bit! I use Family Echo for the tree, the I copy and paste it into Paint (high tech, I know) and add the boxes for heir and deceased and such. I have not figured out what I'm going to do when the writing gets too tiny to read when I'm further on in my generations, but that's to be decided then.

Also, read your update. Super funny! Super cute.

• Options
    RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    enkeli63 wrote: »

@Rivie, You were confused by my story? In what way--or was that cleared up in a later chapter? I do have several elements of the story that have not been exposed, like the story's past (the war and missing characters), and the main one: the nature of reality ;) And it's a serial drama, so some things will not be resolved until Season Two. Surely by then, new plots will emerge that will not be resolved until Season Three (if the game is stable enough for me to play multiple generations of my District!).

Anyways, now to check your links and see about getting your story listed in the front page of the thread ;)

Oh I meant at first, but it's really interesting. Thanks! :smile:
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
  • Options
    ScarlettFireflyScarlettFirefly Posts: 74 Member
    These stories are awesome!
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    edited December 2014
    I posted a new episode! I tried some new things.
    Gen 2, Episode 10: I need to tell you part 1
    Post edited by AkramA on
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member

ROFLMAO!! Until you said that, I was wondering what kindda stuff you read when not reading Sims stories :p

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    Rivie wrote: »
    enkeli63 wrote: »

@Rivie, You were confused by my story? In what way--or was that cleared up in a later chapter? I do have several elements of the story that have not been exposed, like the story's past (the war and missing characters), and the main one: the nature of reality ;) And it's a serial drama, so some things will not be resolved until Season Two. Surely by then, new plots will emerge that will not be resolved until Season Three (if the game is stable enough for me to play multiple generations of my District!).

Anyways, now to check your links and see about getting your story listed in the front page of the thread ;)

Oh I meant at first, but it's really interesting. Thanks! :smile:

@Rivie, oh yeah! I know most stories these days are Legacies and stuff that follows only one family because Sims 3 forced that type of play for 5 years. I never did get over rotational play, so I had to go back as soon as Sims 4 came out (the whole reason I wanted the game even!!). It was a little challenging in the beginning with introducing characters at the right pace, while also developing the main plot. ;) I'm really glad you like it though!

I wanted to be writing a new chapter today, though maybe I can still manage if I'm quick. The only problem with rotational gameplay is that you have to play a pregnancy through the whole way, or miss out on the whole experience :( That means I cannot play other households until the birth, and I may need to go through and set up screenshots that needed to happen in the meanwhile, etc. Very challenging!! So yes, I have to get a baby birthed before I can do my next chapter because I need a few pictures from a different household!!

But I'll try to get the pictures I need today and get my next chapter up!

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    OhRenSimsOhRenSims Posts: 933 Member
    edited December 2014
    Story Title: The Waite Legacy
    Author Name: Jufanzaly
    Story URL: Table of Contents | Discussion Thread
    Brief Description: Just a legacy chronicle, nothing too fancy, some comedy thrown in. ;) Maybe a hint of drama. MAYBE. Not really.
    Story Avatar: z1V6RG.jpg

This is a really great idea. I'm excited to possibly be a part of this group. Thanks for doing this! I love reading and writing stories, and playing the sims, and being a part of this community. :)
    FVIRakw.jpg
    The Waite Legacy (Wordpress)
    The Mills Legacy (Coming Soon!, Wordpress)
  • Options
    AkramA wrote: »
    I posted a new episode! I tried some new things.
    Gen 2, Episode 10: I need to tell you part 1
    I know he's a long-shot to become heir, but Theo was the one I voted for! Do you have traditional bloodline rules? I do. I'd have to force him into some sort of arranged marriage for heirs! Poor thing!

Good work!
    ldd083banner.png