Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's something you miss about Sims 1?

Comments

• Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    oh I remember making sims without using all the points. Or, I buit a pool and the maid or somebody would swim to deliever things.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    DLatriceDLatrice Posts: 71 Member
    i was just talking to my mom today about the contagious guinea pigs that everyone got sick from. I miss superstar, vacation, making magic. I liked the dancers that came out the giant cakes, the cute way they danced, THE MUSIC, the big scuba tank they could go into. Sigh...
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    TheWorld_7TheWorld_7 Posts: 12 New Member
    My favorite things I enjoyed from the original, was the music, the 2.5 graphic look, and the challenge it gave you to level your sims careers/jobs. While the expansion packs would have to be Hot Date, Superstar, and Makin' Magic, also Unleashed because the neighborhood becomes a lot bigger after that EP.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    The custom content.
  • Options
    ScarlettFireflyScarlettFirefly Posts: 74 Member
    I never really could bring myself to like ts1.
  • Options
    SugarplumpkinSugarplumpkin Posts: 33 Member
    > @Joey2eyeball said:
    > That unmistakable humor and quirkiness that both The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 failed to manage.

^This. I think it was the voice actors for The Sims 1 & 2. They were so good!
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I never miss anything, b/c I have them all installed and if I want to play it, I just play it.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    1. Those phone calls. Really loved them.
    2. How you were required to trim bushes.
    3. It being really hard. Like I really. I still revisit it sometimes and skill building was a challenge as 22 out of 24 hours a sim day you'll be taking care of their needs.
  • Options
    kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    It's been years since I've played 1 so I can't recall many of the details, however what stand out in my memory is that magical theme park you would get to by jumping down a hole.. Was that called Magic Town? And I miss studio town too. I had soo much fun there. I've got to get around to installing that game again!
  • Options
    canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    Sue_D_Nim wrote: »
    For some inexplicable reason I kind of miss changing burned out light bulbs. That's a crazy, dumb thing to miss, because back then it annoyed me. I thought it was 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that they made it possible to put a light fixture in an inaccessible place if they were going to code an interaction for it. You had to go into build mode and move things around, then go back into live mode to let them change the bulb, then if you wanted the lamp where it was, go into build mode and put it back.
    Wow, that's some really old basegame TS1 stuff. They changed how lights worked in later expansions/patches to behave more like they do in TS2.

in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    How about how Mortimer (or was it Bob Newbie? I forget) always pulled out that hand puppet in the bathroom to taunt his wife with?

The MUSIC!

When sims 1 came out I owned a gateway that my dad passed down to us that had a 1 GB hardrive. Shortly after that I caved and bought a new computer, a "Compac". I don't think that brand is even around anymore.

My computer now has a 1 TB hardrive.
  • Options
    kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    zorba2357 wrote: »
    The MUSIC!
    Yes!! The music. How did I forget this when I posted earlier? Haha
    The piano compositions from build mode were my favourite, I still listen to them from time to time.
  • Options
    How about how Mortimer (or was it Bob Newbie? I forget) always pulled out that hand puppet in the bathroom to taunt his wife with?

The MUSIC!

When sims 1 came out I owned a gateway that my dad passed down to us that had a 1 GB hardrive. Shortly after that I caved and bought a new computer, a "Compac". I don't think that brand is even around anymore.

Its "Compaq", and yes it still exists as a division of HP. ;)

in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    canitbeman wrote: »

The MUSIC!

Its "Compaq", and yes it still exists as a division of HP. ;)

O.K. compaq! I wasn't that impressed with it, and have bought Gateways almost exclusively since then. I haven't been disappointed.

• Options
    Alpal425Alpal425 Posts: 198 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    Kissing to make babies

There's a fish tycoon game for that on "Addicting Games". ;)
    thedoctor.gif
  • Options
    winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    Ha Ha I am with you Windweaver, I play it every day. I am also with you Zorba2357, I call it Comquack, I had one too give me an old Gateway any day. :D

Sims 1 makes me chuckle as much as reading some of the simmers post on here. :D

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
  • Options
    winterloc wrote: »
    Ha Ha I am with you Windweaver, I play it every day. I am also with you Zorba2357, I call it Comquack, I had one too give me an old Gateway any day. :D

Sims 1 makes me chuckle as much as reading some of the simmers post on here. :D

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
    Well I own a Presario laptop that I got new in 2004, it was just enough to play TS2 on low... I also still have my parent's old 500MHz Pentium III Gateway tower.
  • Options
    winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member

Well I own a Presario laptop that I got new in 2004, it was just enough to play TS2 on low... I also still have my parent's old 500MHz Pentium III Gateway tower.

Cantitbeman,

Wow you been computing for a long time too. Ha Ha this is my third Gateway desktop 2007, bought my first in 1997. Second 1 in 2002. First computer was a refurbished IBM I think in 1989, Then the compac in the early 90's. In 2005 I bought my first laptop, an Hp. Then 2011 I replaced that with my Asus suppose to be gaming laptop.

All of my computers with the exception of the Compquack. Have lasted at least ten years. I passed them down to my family. They use them till they break. We did finally buy my hubby a new hp laptop after the 2005 hp laptop went. He got another Hp envy i5 with windows 8.1.

I have played mostly all my sims on Gateway computers. This is not that great for sims 4. I opted out of getting it after trying it on my two computers. Till I get a new computer I will not be in the sims 4 gaming arena. I would like to get another 2-3 years out of this old gateway. Gateway computers have been very good to me. The old Hp laptop I have to say lasted pretty good. However it still has not out lasted any of my gateways.

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Everything! It was the beginning of it all <3
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    The "dancer" cake. ;)
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    simall8simall8 Posts: 30 Member
    I play The Sims 1 to this day! :) Installed all of my old CD's on my Windows 7 PC. Just make sure that they are running in compatibility mode. But, the one thing that I did miss from The Sims 1 that made me go back and start playing again was the Hot Date expansion. That is how I hope The Sims 4 turns out to be.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I can't recall too much about gameplay etc because it has been that long ago since I have played it.

But I do clearly remember one horrific day when I drowned 2 children in a pool. My Sim family had too many kids, and they don't age up, so unfortunately the eldest ones had to go. Now as I said, this was many many years ago and I still feel bad about doing that. :'(

Have never killed a Sim on purpose since.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    edited December 2014
    joleaco wrote: »
    . . .But I do clearly remember one horrific day when I drowned 2 children in a pool. My Sim family had too many kids, and they don't age up, so unfortunately the eldest ones had to go.
    OMG, this is side splitting!! But only sim lovers can understand these weird experiences and why they happen. :)

I think the last time I loaded the game (but didn't play) was sometime last year--just to be sure it still loaded.

When it opened, I remember thinking how quaint and primitive that the Town menus were, scrolling by sort of like slide shows to find the sim home you wanted to play. The sim camera back when was so klunky--you could watch the game from a sort of crows nest, 3 stories in the air. I was so bad at keeping my sims happy, I remembered using motherlode embarrassing numbers of times. But when I started to play TS2 and TS3, I pretty much abandoned using money cheats in normal game play.

I was also pathetic at making good parties. I had sad antlers on the wall quite often back when. The tragic clown painting and the arrival of the clown were also interesting experiences. It makes me laugh now, but some of those experiences made me feel so sad for my sims.

I spent more hours in TS2, as I've had comparatively little free time for TS3 and TS1.
    I love TS3 best, but will always keep the first two on my game machine.

Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    All the NPCs, each one is deeply engraved in my Sim heart.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    zOmBiEcLoWnzOmBiEcLoWn Posts: 48 Member
    The tragic clown, dancer in the cake, celebrity NPCs, the rock and disco radio stations.