Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,009 Member
    @ spreadsheet team - I can clock in now. I have a large cup of coffee and am ready to relax and be at my computer.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited November 2014
    trithone wrote: »
    Wow! I haven't found too many people in the world with a similar story as me. My sisters had that same issue, especially since we all look very much alike. It never seemed to bother them too much, especially since they were sort of like mothers to me. It bugged the "plum" out of their husbands, though. They all were married by the time I was 8, and I don't even know the number of times people assumed that my brothers-in-law were my dad. Embarrassing for those guys in their brand-new marriages. I, of course, found ways to play that angle. I was clever like that. >:)

Ditto, it's not quite so unheard of nowadays for a couple in their forties to have a baby, but back in the 80's when my mom was expecting, everyone in the church they attended nicknamed my parents "Sarah and Abraham". :p

I don't think my sisters' boyfriends at the time (husbands now) were so much embarrassed by me as they were ANNOYED by me! My oldest sister had gone to college and moved out when I was still a baby, but when I was older she would let me stay with her for a week or two during the summer, and she and I would do a lot of REALLY cool stuff, so I loved spending time with her. My other sister still lived at home, so she and I were really close, and she spent a lot of time with me and would take me all sorts of places with her (including some dates!). I didn't have any/many friends; my sisters were sort of all I had. So when these guys came along (and started to take some of the attention that was so rightfully mine), I was pretty jealous... :p

My brother was my tormentor/protector. He'd tickle me mercilessly, but if any of the other (older) kids in my neighborhood tried to start any trouble with me, I'd threaten to tell my brother. He was 20-something and pretty intimidating, so I didn't get picked on much! ;)

Haha! I got to do a lot of fun things, too. I stayed with one sister here in Virginia for a month one summer. I think that is what convinced me it might be an ok place to live. I mean, Busch Gardens AND King's Dominion? They have two theme parks within an hour of each other.

I will never forget the trip to Alaska to visit my oldest sister, though. I was 5. They left me with my to-be-brother-in-law for a whole day while my sister and parents went on a helicopter ride. I was very unhappy to miss out, so I spent the day tormenting the poor man. He had no experience with children, and I think I figured that out pretty fast. I spent nearly a half-hour drive to a zoo making up the most obnoxious, repetitive songs about the zoo I could make up and singing them at the top of my lungs. I walked in on him in a men's room because I "didn't know where he was." I knew I wasn't supposed to sing those Madonna songs that I'd heard on the radio in public (though I didn't know why), but he didn't know that. And then when he took me for ice cream I walked around asking for samples until I'd tasted all 31 flavors. The people working behind the counter thought I was cute so they played along. After all of that, I picked vanilla. >:)
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    At the risk of double posting:

Hi Jodi - I will clock out now. :) I'm still up watching ads, though, and waiting for Seeing Stars.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited November 2014
    Is midnight hollow one of the things that doesn't show up on MMAO? I've been able to get 100 more points since I thought they stopped paying out/ I decided that if I can get another 100 I will go ahead and get it. But if you can get it with MMAO maybe I should wait. Maybe I should wait anyway and see if they do a Black Friday sale... the frugal part of me is warring with the impatient child part of me.
    Midnight hollow gold does show on MMAO that's how I got it (when they had the 3X MMAO's)
    Edit: this is what happens when you post as you're catching up, people have already answered what you're quoting.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    edited November 2014
    OMG I did it! I got right at 1,000 points in ads tonight! Maybe more if some haven't paid yet. Oh my goodness I cannot even believe it! Makes me feel better about missing so much prime ad time being ill and not able to use the computer for like three weeks or some plum. Plus my husband found out he has an interview on Tuesday for a new job! I think I'm finally cashing in some of my positive karma or something!
    Post edited by frozenorangejuic on
  • Options
    Taw3001Taw3001 Posts: 344 Member
    @KittyKat8130 , @wittanthony1 , @simgeek79 , @bcsmas - thanks for the birthday wishes.

For my birthday I just played the Sims on my computer and watched ads, I am now up to 755 Simpoints for the day. I did treat myself by cooking a Filet Mignon, shrimp and bake potato for dinner though.
  • Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    A very Happy Late in the evening Birthday to you @Taw3001 I am glad you had such a great day!!

I have been enjoying reading everyone's stories about families growing up!! I don't know about siblings being an only child.

I am missing @Awellenbl...where oh where could my buddy be??

I am still clicking on these ads, I don't think they are going to show up.I can hope though!!

I think I am going to wait on the hypnotizer set, there are too many other things that look fun to me!! =)
  • Options
    KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    edited November 2014
    You're welcome @JennaIsGhost!
    I didn't even notice the mention of Green Day until like the third post (I think) about it lol. They've been one of my favorite bands since high school! 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (1994) was my first CD of theirs. Now my daughter (16) loves them too, haha. No, I'm not in those 18-25 or 40+ age ranges either @Kellycot1 :p;)

You're welcome @Taw3001 :) That dinner sounds yum!

ETA: Of course it got plummed... ^^Dookie lol
    ETA 2: And then it wasn't. Weird.

And then it is again, ha... I'm not seeing things. Really. I think.

You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    @kittykat8103, I had to think for a second which cd you were talking about that got plummed...lol then I remembered that the title was something that they might have done that for..lol D ookie!! LOL Sooo silly. I loved them in my early twenties...there was some great music that came out then, also the eighties...or am I dating myself now?!

LOL No playing any games for me today, I tried to get the ads...lol soooo desperate, not sure how many added up. I hope everyone got some though!!
  • Options
    Up now
    708 ) Seeing stars / 571 / 2100 / 73 % / 2 hours

Up next
    709 ) Haute hip window collection v. 1 / ? / 81 / ?% / 2 hours
    710 ) Troubadour table
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,009 Member
    edited November 2014
    Current Deal
    708 ) Seeing Stars / 571 / 2100 / 73 % / 2 hours

Up next
    709 ) Haute Hip Window Collection V. 1 / / 81 / % / 2 hours
    710 ) Troubadour Table / / 41 / % / ? hours

Ninja'd again, but it is hard to beat angeljess
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Woooooo! :D 73% off? I'll take it! One more set down, and its the one that has been annoying me the most. I am a happy girl right now.

• Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited November 2014
    I know I'll be ninja'd, but...

Last:
    707 ) Ultra Lounge Sink / 33 / 68 / 51% / 2 hours

Now:
    708 ) Seeing Stars / 571 / 2100 / 73% / 2 hours
    Good percent off, too bad no CYS yet. Maybe someday!

Next:
    709 ) Haute Hip Window Collection V.1 / / 81 / % / 2 hours
    710 ) Troubadour Table / / 41 / % / hours

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Me1620 wrote: »
    Ninja'd again, but it is hard to beat angeljess
    Lol they posted at the same time and yours has the links. If you're around to post the next one you won't be ninja'd by me
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    OK, I just went to the DD page to look at "Seeing Stars". I own all the components of the set and it always wanted me to buy the set for 2100sp. I see a green download button on the DD page even though the set is *not* CYS. When I go to the set page it says I can buy it for 571sp. I'm not sure I trust that green download button. Since I already own it all, I would just be doing it for the completionist in me. What do you all think?
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    Stablehand6Stablehand6 Posts: 288 Member
    @trithone, Hahaha! Your story about your brother-in-law is hilarious! I could have totally done stuff like that! We little sisters are just the worst, aren't we? ;)B)

To this day, my oldest sister still won't let me forget a "field trip" we took to Wheaton Village, in NJ., when I was about eight years old, I think. I guess I was bored, so I decided to "ham it up" at lunch and proceeded to carry on a silly two sided "conversation" with my turkey sandwich... She always says she's never laughed so hard in her life! Thank goodness they didn't have cell phones, Facebook, or YouTube back then!

I don't remember this, personally, but my other/middle sister tells me that when I was 2 or 3, one of her teachers from school came over to visit at our house. He'd come over before, and I'd always gotten along fine with him, but THIS time he had grown a beard, and I guess I didn't recognize him. She says I wouldn't go anywhere near him, wouldn't talk to him, and that I GLARED at him the whole time he was there like he was the most eeeevil person I'd ever met!

So you're just "South of the Border" from me here in Maryland! It's a small world after all...

I've been to the Busch Gardens in FL., but I've never been to the one in VA. I've heard they are very different, theme-wise, and I'd love to see the VA. one sometime. I have been to King's Dominion a few times, but it was probably about 20 years ago, with my old church youth group. I'd love to go there again sometime, but my hubby is not an amusement park kind of person, and it's about a two hour drive away, according to Google. It always seemed more like 4 hours when I was stuffed into that bus with a bunch of other noisy teenagers; it must have felt like an eternity to our chaperones... But I always had so much fun on those trips! King's Dominion rocks!
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    I didn't even notice the mention of Green Day until like the third post (I think) about it lol. They've been one of my favorite bands since high school! 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (1994) was my first CD of theirs. Now my daughter (16) loves them too, haha. No, I'm not in those 18-25 or 40+ age ranges either @Kellycot1 :p;)

That's so cool that your favorite band got handed down in a way. I remember in 7th grade I had mentioned Green Day to my Dad and he went "oh, you mean this band?" He went to his cd shelf and pulled out D ookie and one other cd that I can't remember and I was surprised at the time that my Dad listened to them. That's when I learned my Dad's music isn't so horrible after all. Haha!
    trithone wrote: »
    Woooooo! :D 73% off? I'll take it! One more set down, and its the one that has been annoying me the most. I am a happy girl right now.
    Hmmmm...to get or not to get. That is the question!
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    I am having a hard time not pressing the buy button for the seeing stars!!
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    despina53 wrote: »
    OK, I just went to the DD page to look at "Seeing Stars". I own all the components of the set and it always wanted me to buy the set for 2100sp. I see a green download button on the DD page even though the set is *not* CYS. When I go to the set page it says I can buy it for 571sp. I'm not sure I trust that green download button. Since I already own it all, I would just be doing it for the completionist in me. What do you all think?
    Don't do it. I did that with the Greenhouse, and it charged me the DD price. (I had already owned it through the Best Of compilation.) I had to call customer service to fix it. They did, by refunding the simpoints. But you may not get someone as nice, or as knowledgeable, or as willing to help you. I wouldn't risk it, unless you want it anyway.

I personally own all the items as well, and I'm seeing a green download on the DD page but a Buy Now on the set page. I'm not going to click that button, because I suspect I will be charged.
  • Options
    That's what I was worried about, Mia. So I'll hold off 'til I see they've made it CYS compatible ;)
  • Options
    Debating on Seeing Stars... that is a great deal!
    Pixieydust wrote: »
    @kittykat8103, I had to think for a second which cd you were talking about that got plummed...lol then I remembered that the title was something that they might have done that for..lol D ookie!! LOL Sooo silly. I loved them in my early twenties...there was some great music that came out then, also the eighties...or am I dating myself now?!

LOL No playing any games for me today, I tried to get the ads...lol soooo desperate, not sure how many added up. I hope everyone got some though!!

Lol I even had a Dookie T-shirt, had their tour dates on the back of it. I loooved that shirt!

That's so cool that your favorite band got handed down in a way. I remember in 7th grade I had mentioned Green Day to my Dad and he went "oh, you mean this band?" He went to his cd shelf and pulled out D ookie and one other cd that I can't remember and I was surprised at the time that my Dad listened to them. That's when I learned my Dad's music isn't so horrible after all. Haha!

Haha... That's kind of how it went too. She comes home and mentions them to me, saying that one of her friends told her she should check them out. I pulled them up on youtube right away lol. What's also funny too, she thought the same thing about me and music also, but it was before the Green Day thing. I forget which band I was listening to, but I was listening to them on youtube and she's all... You like that band?! My mom is so cool! Lol
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    Stablehand6Stablehand6 Posts: 288 Member
    edited November 2014

If you do decide to risk it, take a screenshot of the green download button before you hit it. That way, if you do get charged, you have a leg to stand on with CS, and they MIGHT give you the points back.
    When I checked it, it just said 571 SPs, and I think that was on the DD Page. Personally, I'd jump on it (after taking a screenie). But then, I tend to be more impatient! It's entirely up to you, of course.

Edited to add: Since it sounds like you're not planning to purchase it, just out of curiosity, have you tried resetting the page? Does it still show as a "free" download?
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    "JennaIsGhost;12983100"]

Haha... That's kind of how it went too. She comes home and mentions them to me, saying that one of her friends told her she should check them out. I pulled them up on youtube right away lol. What's also funny too, she thought the same thing about me and music also, but it was before the Green Day thing. I forget which band I was listening to, but I was listening to them on youtube and she's all... You like that band?! My mom is so cool! Lol[/quote]
    Sounds a lot like my Dad and I! He's gotten me into a lot of music because of it. It's cool seeingpsrents and their children get a long in the music area. :p
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    edited November 2014

If you do decide to risk it, take a screenshot of the green download button before you hit it. That way, if you do get charged, you have a leg to stand on with CS, and they MIGHT give you the points back.
    When I checked it, it just said 571 SPs, and I think that was on the DD Page. Personally, I'd jump on it (after taking a screenie). But then, I tend to be more impatient! It's entirely up to you, of course.

Edited to add: Since it sounds like you're not planning to purchase it, just out of curiosity, have you tried resetting the page? Does it still show as a "free" download?

Thanks, Chris. I'll wait 'til it becomes CYS-enabled. I'm not in any hurry :)

ETA: I've refreshed the page several times looking for another sp button and it still shows the same green download button.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Sounds a lot like my Dad and I! He's gotten me into a lot of music because of it. It's cool seeingpsrents and their children get a long in the music area. :p

It is huh! Now she asks me if there's any bands to recommend to her lol. At parent/teacher conferences her science teacher started talking about music and brought up The Offspring. He said he had brought them up to the class and they were all Eh, who's that. I was like, yup, I love The Offspring too. When she realized I liked this band she asked me if I could show her some of their songs lol.

2zxozcx.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top