The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to change eye color.

I've downloaded a few sims from the gallery & am unable to change their eye color (colors don't even show up) unless I randomize their eyes, which I really don't want to do.

Question is, is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    Are you using any mods or CC? I haven't encountered this problem, and I use a ton of CC in my game. Does this happen to all Sims you download from the gallery? Or a specific Sim?
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    I agree it sounds like CC issue, try first pulling out mods folder and testing again, if this works start putting cc back in game and see if you can determine which is bugged. It's possible you have say more than one default eye color installed or your custom sims are installing more than one default
  • Options
    feelyourbonesfeelyourbones Posts: 9 New Member
    Tried removing my CC & I'm still having issues. It's not just with one sim, there's multiple's that I'm having this issue with as well. Craft by PokeMyPlumbob, Olivas by PokeMyPlumbob, Mandy by luckxdragon to name a few.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Perhaps contact one of those users to see if they are using CC eyes?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Tried removing my CC & I'm still having issues. It's not just with one sim, there's multiple's that I'm having this issue with as well. Craft by PokeMyPlumbob, Olivas by PokeMyPlumbob, Mandy by luckxdragon to name a few.
    ok do this please pull your sims 4 folder to the desktop and try a test game. see if you can change eye color without issue. if you can it means its something installed in your sims 4 old sim folder is causing the problem

path my documents/electronic arts/sims4
  • Options
    Figured out the problem, which is quite a hassle. First I have to download the CC default eyes that the creators used, then change the eyes to my custom eyes (recolors of my defaults), then take out the CC default eyes & replace them with my defaults -____- Didn't think it would be a problem not downloading CC for sims from the gallery >.>
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    Glad to know you solved the issue, this is a current problem with uploaded Sims with CC on the gallery. They don't show up correctly if you don't have the CC installed beforehand.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    TrycTryc Posts: 123 Member
    > @feelyourbones said:
    > Figured out the problem, which is quite a hassle. First I have to download the CC default eyes that the creators used, then change the eyes to my custom eyes (recolors of my defaults), then take out the CC default eyes & replace them with my defaults -____- Didn't think it would be a problem not downloading CC for sims from the gallery >.>

I had something similar happen, but I just opened the cheat window and used -cas.fulleditmode. Seems to work so far.
  • Options
    RoomouseRoomouse Posts: 99 Member
    I have this same thing happening. I did have CC eyes in, but I removed ALL of my mods and CC. That didn't work, so I did the repair setting on the origins game link still with no CC or mods in my game. Didn't help either.
    These are sims I created in the gallery and their kids. I gave one light gray eyes that were standard EA colors to begin with. Another I gave light blue eyes that were standard. They all have this yucky brown color now. There are also NO EA standard colors available, even in cas.fulleditmode. This all started after the Nov. 4 update, and I double checked to make sure my game is up to date and it is.
    I hate to think I need to reinstall the game, but right now I see no other solution to try. Of course I could be overlooking something too.
    Help if you can and thanks,
    Roomouse
  • Options
    Roomouse wrote: »
    I have this same thing happening. I did have CC eyes in, but I removed ALL of my mods and CC. That didn't work, so I did the repair setting on the origins game link still with no CC or mods in my game. Didn't help either.<br />
    These are sims I created in the gallery and their kids. I gave one light gray eyes that were standard EA colors to begin with. Another I gave light blue eyes that were standard. They all have this yucky brown color now. There are also NO EA standard colors available, even in cas.fulleditmode. This all started after the Nov. 4 update, and I double checked to make sure my game is up to date and it is. <br />
    I hate to think I need to reinstall the game, but right now I see no other solution to try. Of course I could be overlooking something too. <br />
    Help if you can and thanks,<br />
    Roomouse

Before you reinstall, you might try Game Repair in Origin, and if that doesn't help, a return to factory settings (see my sig for how to do that without losing your saves and Library). Unless you have a really fast connection, those can be faster.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Just to update, it's still happening & it's a real nuisance to install the CC eyes used by the creator of whichever Sim & change the eyes then put mine back in. I hope EA realizes this bug & plans to fix it in a future patch.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Sorry what's exactly the bug here?
    You can't change Nina Caliente's eyecolor? Unless you cheat? That's not a bug.
    Unless I misunderstood something - if I did, please explain. Why do you think it's a bug inability to change eyecolor on already created sims and should it really be reported as an obvious bug with inability to change tatoos.
  • Options
    SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    All sims downloaded from the gallery with custom eye color all show up with dingy brown eye color. And you can't change the eye color. Also, the default eye color options aren't there either. Unless, you have the same cc the creator used, then you can change eye color, but only if.
  • Options
    brigidsfyrebrigidsfyre Posts: 10 New Member
    I just started having this same issue... when you click on the eyes to change color in CAS the panel of colors does not show up unless you hit the little dice to "randomize" and then it shows all the colors. I have removed all my CC and then did "repair game" in Origin and still have the problem.
  • Options
    I just started having this same issue... when you click on the eyes to change color in CAS the panel of colors does not show up unless you hit the little dice to "randomize" and then it shows all the colors. I have removed all my CC and then did "repair game" in Origin and still have the problem.

Try clearing the localthumbcache.package file as well, then restarting the game.
  • Options
    melonsoupmelonsoup Posts: 1 New Member
    Guys, all I did was temporarily remove all cc that involved eyes and it worked. I'll go back and try them out one by one eventually. Until then try that.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited March 2015
    Well, there's a new glitch introduced with the March 26 patch that makes the color palette disappear for eyes when you're using default replacement CC eyes. (And possibly some issues with non-default replacements too.) So removing CC eyes would fix that.

The people having troubles in this post were having problems before March 26 though, so that may not solve their issues. (Though removing CC is always the first step you should try.)
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    Well, there's a new glitch introduced with the March 26 patch that makes the color palette disappear for eyes when you're using default replacement CC eyes. (And possibly some issues with non-default replacements too.) So removing CC eyes would fix that.

The people having troubles in this post were having problems before March 26 though, so that may not solve their issues. (Though removing CC is always the first step you should try.)

if the problem predates the latest patch then it probably means you have installed more than one default replacement, this can happen with custom sims. but its best to uninstall all CC and test in batches now that the recent patch has added new issues.
  • Options
    tessandmollytessandmolly Posts: 1 New Member
    I couldn't work it out either. click on the sims eyes without any glasses on and eye colour menu appears
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member

I suspect your specs are low so it's causing this.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Its a known bug I have it and Im on a vanilla game. Males eyes switch color and don't always keep the eye color you give them
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    emmaning wrote: »

I suspect your specs are low so it's causing this.

its a known bug in the game even on vanilla. No ist not caused by low specs
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    I have the same bug. It's not a pc issue.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    I have the same bug. It's not a pc issue.

same but it jut a cc problem with me since I rarely go to the gallery tbh.
    2vc864m.jpg

• Options
    GeekeryGeekery Posts: 46 Member
    This is annoying. What if someone wants to just take out the CC eyes and put new ones in? These are my own sims and now I've got to looks for eye overlays to get rid of the standard brown. Very annoying. They ought to fix this issue asap.
    [Fan since The Sims]