Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know On Pools

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,519 Member
    If a Sim is feeling playful, they can Swim Around Playfully. :D I also noticed that my level 8 fitness Sim was swimming laps faster than my level 1 fitness Sim.
  • Options
    Luke2153Luke2153 Posts: 538 Member
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I refuse to be told I can't put fountains in my pools!

Sort of...
    fountainPool.jpg
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Sort of...
    fountainPool.jpg

Aw....bless your heart, you tried.

*pats you on the head*

LOL

I like it, it's super cute.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    How do you get the not-pool in the middle of a pool? I tried the hammer but it only deleted the whole pool :/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

Sort of...
    fountainPool.jpg

have you tried the move-objects mod yet?
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    These pools are great! They were much better than TS3's base game pools. IMO, the wait for the patch was worth it. There is a lot of potential for more pool activities and objects, especially with multitasking. Now we just need toddlers and more sensible careers and we're all set. Also, the new swimwear is gorgeous!
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited November 2014
    How do you get the not-pool in the middle of a pool? I tried the hammer but it only deleted the whole pool :/

I built a moat, lol.

Just draw each section of the pool and then join them together around the thing in the middle (by pulling the edges). Kind of like the way you would join different sized pools together in Sims 3. I like that you can just pick the whole thing up and move it if you don't like where you placed the thing.

ETA: I also built a sunken indoor pool. I love the build options of the pools, haven't even tried live mode yet.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I found some interesting things in pools that some people might miss.

1)Sims can finally chat in pools but they can also chat with a sim who is outside the pool.

2)Sims can flirt in pools and that includes blow kisses in pools as well.

3)Sims can not only splash each other in pools but splash a sim outside the pool. The sim outside kick splashes them back.

4)There are some new swim hats with this patch one for males and one for femalse. Males get a bandana.

5)Fountains can't be placed in pools yet but lillies can.

6)Sims in pools can flirt with a sim outside a pool and vice verca. They can also blow kisses to a sim outside a pool and vice verca.

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited November 2014

The trick is to build the pool. Then delete a section in the middle. It has to be bigger than the pond or it doesn't work. Unfortunately, you can't bring them up to meet eachother. So you have to be a little creative on where you're pieces meet. I had high hopes I could bring everything flush. I even tried using walls, but it didn't work. I was going to return the four pillars back to just the pool but I wound up really liking them there. I'm happy with the results.

Here's a pick with the grid turned on so it can give you a rough idea.

@Ceejay402 I've seen so many people having issues with that mod that I'm not inclined to try it.

pondPoolPrint.jpg
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    If two sims have drinks they can make a toast while sitting together at the pool. Look under friendly for the interaction.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member

Sort of...
    fountainPool.jpg

Haha, awesome!

I was kinda bummed that I cannot place a fountain or water sprouty thing in mine :/
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    JoenielJoeniel Posts: 727 Member

1)Sims can finally chat in pools but they can also chat with a sim who is outside the pool.

3)Sims can not only splash each other in pools but splash a sim outside the pool. The sim outside kick splashes them back.

4)There are some new swim hats with this patch one for males and one for femalse. Males get a bandana.

6)Sims in pools can flirt with a sim outside a pool and vice verca. They can also blow kisses to a sim outside a pool and vice verca.

Actually I did all those on your list after the update. :D
    gatitos_zps08y2lsrh.gif
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    So I guess you can't actually make them jump into the pool -- it just happens sometimes randomly? (I wish I could -- so far my Sim only climbs in via the ladder. I suppose I could take out the ladder, but I kind of like having one.)
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    VertKillerVertKiller Posts: 223 Member
    I found that you don't need ladders to get out of the pool. They will swim to the side and climb out. Don't know if that has been mentioned.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,611 Member

I just checked and actually you could get your sims to splash each other in the pool.
    gVRERvb.jpg
    MITnNQS.jpg
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Did you know?

Sim townies will splash your sim if he s sitting on the pool even if their aqaintences and never met. It builds social fast and the friendship bar goes up quick.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    If your sim is sad they can swim around sadly. Ironic, considering they're sad because their sister died in the pool.
  • Options
    Did you know?

If your sim is sitting on the pool strangers will sit by them and get acquainted.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    You can pee in the pool. [On the sims that is]
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Dave_the_raveDave_the_rave Posts: 85 Member
    When your sim is energized you can swim laps faster
    200.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,611 Member
    edited November 2014
    Did you know sims can coach other sims (not just children) swimming?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif