Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buydebug cheat not working

I have fully updated my game, but the new buydebug cheat isn't working. I use the cheat window to enter bb.showhiddenobjects and then use the search bar to look for debug - but nothing shows up. I tried taking all of my CC out including the one mod I have which unlocks all the locked furniture, and it still doesn't work. Is there a way I can fix this or is this a bug that you guys can fix in the future? :)

Comments

• Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    You may have to run "testingcheats true" into the cheat console before buydebug.

I use a mod that automatically enables testingcheats for me, so I can't tell you if that fixes the problem or not.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Buydebug cheat not working
    A proof that god exists.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It's really tricky -- I finally got it to work by using the search bar to look for what I wanted (I wanted the fishing ponds to add one to my Sim's house so I searched "fishing" and got all the fishing related items, including the fishing holes; there are actually 6 separate ones, 3 for regular climes and 3 for desert areas: common, uncommon and rare, I assume referring to the type of fish available).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    mappammappam Posts: 139 Member
    So you have to put in the "testingcheats" first THEN bb.showhiddenobjects? You do this in the game OR in Build mode? Are there plantable fruits, veggies and herbs? Thanks - I also tried debug and had no luck - but I did not put Testing.... in first!
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    testingcheats true and then bb.showhiddenobjects. I usually do it in build/buy mode. Go to the search bar in buy/build and type in debug and it will bring everything up. There are plantables, collectables, ect..
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited October 2014
    The Sims Vip has an article involving the cheat http://simsvip.com/2014/10/01/the-sims-4-buydebug-cheat-now-abvailable/

Tips - Ctrl + Shift + C - testingcheats on - bb.showhiddenobjects
    mappam wrote: »
    Are there plantable fruits, veggies and herbs? Thanks

You can spawn plantables, even searching them up is an option too if you know the name of the plant of what you're looking for.

Jokingly enough you can even "buy" dolls on their own, tv remotes, cellphones, and even a full grown cowplant.

P.s - Yes you can buy all plants including Death flowers, and cowplant seeds too. Yes you can find a remote a cellphone and many other objects not meant to be bought or placed upon the world. And yes, you can find food there too as well. i.e - A cupcake

LAST ALSO - The plantables cost money, so prepare to cough up 400 some simoleans if you ever want to buy that cowplant of your dreams.
  • Options
    mappammappam Posts: 139 Member
    Thanks soo much - I will go try it now!
  • Options
    snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    I'm having trouble with the cheat too. Weird. I've used it successfully before.
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• Options
    snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    Nevermind. It wasn't working because I was typing "bb.showhiddenobjects." instead of "bb.showhiddenobjects". :p
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• Options
    chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    This happened to me when my game didn't update properly. It was the ghost patch. Make sure your game version is the latest 1.0.797.20.
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    Everytime the game updates you need to re enable scripts in game options it always changes when you update game
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited October 2014
    That cheat does not work in TS4.

Also, the code for opening the cheats is "testing cheats on" (w/o quote marks)