Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunlit Tides picture?

Hey guys! So I have been debating on whether I should get Sunlit Tides or not. I currently don't have enough points to buy it, which means I would have to use rl money just to buy the points to get it.
I was wondering if it is really worth it and if you guys can post photos of the world from inside? So I can see how it looks.
I've seen plenty of pictures with just the world overview (like in the above world pictures, not actually in it).
It looks SOOOOO beautiful from the world overview photos so I am really tempted to get it. I love island themed world with that pretty turquoise-y
water color.

Do you guys know of any alternatives to the world that I can download?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I have it, but it does give me a lot of issues, so I don't play it. It does add quite a bit as far as things, and new style rabbit holes. You might find something of interest here

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/560053.page
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,537 Member
    I haven't played it despite having it for a while, so I can't say if it's good or bad.
    Screenshot-3699.jpg

Screenshot-3693.jpg

Screenshot-3694.jpg

Screenshot-3696.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    auntmichelle9auntmichelle9 Posts: 87 Member
    edited October 2014
    It is a beautiful world, but takes quite a bit of editing for me to play it. I have to add some bars, clubs, a restaurant, etc. It's pretty bare to begin with. It does work really well with the Island Paradise stuff.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2014
    It's a beautiful world, I think no-one will deny that.
    It takes a lot of travelling however (due to the huge inland-sea) and at daytime the light is too bright for me.
    Headachy bright.
    Sunrise and sunset are amazing.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    lemonpieelemonpiee Posts: 50 Member
    > @LaBlue0314 said:
    > I have it, but it does give me a lot of issues, so I don't play it. It does add quite a bit as far as things, and new style rabbit holes. You might find something of interest here

What kind of issues, if you don't mind me asking? I had issues with Island Paradise before so if they're any similar, I can see what kind of issues you would be having.

@CK213 : Thank you for the pictures!! :D

@auntmichelle9 : Thank you for letting me know! I'll keep that in mind :).

@astridentanja : Oh my that's not good. I'll keep that in mind too. I wish there was a way we could test the world out so we can see whether we like it or not. I have no idea whether the brightness would bother me or not though.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Wow Sunlit Tides is beautiful. Definitely beats TS4's worlds.

But I like Isla Paradiso better.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Wow Sunlit Tides is beautiful. Definitely beats TS4's worlds.

But I like Isla Paradiso better.

Does the water color look the same too?
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    edited October 2014
    It is a beautiful world, but takes quite a bit of editing for me to play it. I have to add some bars, clubs, a restaurant, etc. It's pretty bare to begin with. It does work really well with the Island Paradise stuff.
    This is what I found as well. I have to say though a number of existing community lots converted very easy to nightclubs, an with the addition of several ports and a few mid-level homes I'm having a blast.

To the OP, if you get it make sure to get the routing fixed version of the world by ellacharmed here. It fixes the major sources of lag caused by routing failure. Its definitely a world worth buying IMHO.

Best regards,

Krammy
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    lemonpiee wrote: »
    What kind of issues, if you don't mind me asking? I had issues with Island Paradise before so if they're any similar, I can see what kind of issues you would be having.

I guess you would call it a lag, but for me, the lagging would last several actual real time minutes. It would then play for a little bit, and then lag for several real time minutes again. Resetting the game did not help. I even tried playing it again after adding some mods to help with it, but they didn't help either. So I just use the items that come with this world, in the other worlds I play.
  • Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    I love Sunlit Tides and spend most of my time playing the sims I have set up there.

Screenshot-27_zps76a9fc8e.jpg

Screenshot-24_zps7495a6c8.jpg
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Do you guys know if it's possible to return the world if I don't like it?
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    lemonpiee wrote: »
    Do you guys know if it's possible to return the world if I don't like it?

I'm pretty sure they don't give refunds on store items. You might try contacting EA though.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I decided to just go for it and hope for the best. Actually I might be taking that back.. The sim points are expensive. :s:'(
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Why don't you download a world from the Exchange until you make up your mind or get more points? Have you checked the MMAO? I get Sunlit Tides offered to me all the time, but I already have the gold version so I don't buy the standard one. :disappointed:

I would recommend The Manave Isles by Rflong. I've downloaded it and played it myself and it's pretty and works great! :)

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7974926
    giphy.gif

• Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    I used to play it but since Island Paradise I use that island now, and for other worlds I get custom i.e.

http://www.sims3createaworld.com/the-highest-rated-custom-worlds-for-the-sims-3/
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I'm not sure if TS3 website is still giving out free points but I saved mine and bought it on make me an offer for almost 50% off.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/