Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are YOU excited about pool update?

DaNaeNae1DaNaeNae1 Posts: 120 Member
Well not having pools has made me realize how much i actually miss them :'( . Therefore, yes, i am happy about the pool update that is a couple of days away. Hopefully it comes the first of the month like the last update did if we get updates like this every month; o gosh what a wonderful day! <3:D:D...Or do you feel like the update should be something else better or something we should've had? :s (TODDLERS)

origin:neiathesimmer
The man upstairs is always watching

Comments

• Options
    Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    It's a nice addition but I never used them intensively.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,658 Member
    Yes and no.
    Yes, cuz I think it will be fun to see new activities or interactions.
    No cuz my sims house is running out of lot space and I'm not too sure if I want to change the lot size.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    I hope I'm not the only one who gets the feeling that, not using something that much, then losing it somewhere along the way, you end up using it more than you would have back then when it returns.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 359 Member
    no
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,456 Member
    Yes.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Absolutely not, not even a little bit. Any sims in sims 3 that HAD to live with a pool, in my game, always got the hydrophobic trait cause I couldn't have them wasting their time in the plum pool ALL day.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    No.....maybe....

Only because I am dreading the glitches that will more than likely arrive with the pools (swimming through concrete, anyone?).

I have spent about a week working on houses to add pools to so as far as building goes? I'm excited about that, just dreading whatever bug arrives with them.
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    Yes!!! Cant wait :):):)
  • Options
    rikkiroserikkirose Posts: 74 Member
    I'm glad they're putting them in, but I never really used them, so it wouldn't have really bothered me if they didn't put them back in.
    I am the walrus?
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Kind of. I wouldn't say excited but i'm happy at the prospect of getting them. To be honest i'm more excited to hear about what comes next. Until the pool/career hype is out of the way we probably wont be hearing about anymore free content patches or the first expansion so in that sense i'm happy we are close to getting them just to get the hype out of the way. Pools were never really a big part of my gameplay whatsoever. Right now I just want careers and pools out the way so we can hear what comes after (hopefully something that appeals to me more..like toddlers :b)
  • Options
    vampirekimvampirekim Posts: 190 Member
    I mainly used them in the summer with the Seasons expansion but it was a nice activity for my Sims (good addition to parties also). I'm curious to see if there will be any improvements on the pools or if it will be the usual block of water. Hopefully we will get some more activities to do in the pool. Either way I'm sure it will be beautiful like the rest of the Sims 4 world is although I am concerned about bugs and glitches.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Definitely looking forward to adding pools to Sim's houses and the parks; already have a couple of spaces set aside in each park to put one in. It'll be fun to go and actually have other Sims there (I hope we can have a "swim together" interaction if you go there with a Sim who you're not controlling).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Only time I ever used pools was when I had fitness sims in S2 and when I build gyms. Other than that. Don't miss em. Don't care that they're coming. Couldn't care if they weren't. Never really got excited about the idea of swimming in a large toilet bowl or having my sims swim in one either.

Now, if they offered a lake and canoes and kayakes, it'd be a different story.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    I can't wait!
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    No.
    I basically used them only for decoration, and as an excuse to wear swimwear.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    No.
    I basically used them only for decoration, and as an excuse to wear swimwear.

I have to admit, I am guilty of throwing "pool parties" even without pools, just so people show up in swimwear, formal gets boring after a while, glad we have different party outfit category now :p
  • Options
    Well I am also guilty of only using the skimpiest ones.
    So sue me. I design a really beautiful / hot / cute Sim... why would I cover her up? ;)

But yes, pools will look great in my back yard in Oasis Springs.
  • Options
    Most of the lots are too small for pools, IMO, which is fine with me as thats far more realistic, but if I was interested in pools, I would so totally make a community pool as soon as they implement pools.
  • Options
    Well my main family is living in a middle class home, with a huge back yard (one of the pre-built onces). And since it looks wrong to fence it in (typical for the era these houses emulate is completely open (and preferably empty) lawns, a pool is about the only thing that can go in there and look "right" (I have a BBQ and a single small table, and it still sticks out as an eyesore among the surrounding lawns.)
  • Options
    PiinkbunniePiinkbunnie Posts: 148 Member
    Actually no.... I thought I would be.... But I need toddlers in the game, or atleast a couple of expansions to make it fun again
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    Pools bring swimsuits and my Sims are sexy, so yes, I'm excited for board shorts and bikinis!!
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I'm looking forward to it. Not exited though.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    I don't do much with pools, but I am happy they are coming back. A lot of people like them, so it's good for the community.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    It's a nice addition but I never used them intensively.
    Yeah, this is how I feel. *shrugs* I like them good enough, but not crazy over them like I might have been had they announced toddlers were being put back. I don't even consider myself a big family player, but I don't like the way things are with babies attached to bed and the age up. It's just way too abrupt.

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    I am antecipating pools rather much.