Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Room Challenge

Comments

• Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    @kremesch73 Thanks!

@Piperbird71 Excellent. I added a second entry for you to the leaderboard. No point removing your old one, since it's a fair run too!

@fullspiral Wow, poor Mortimer. That's also pretty hilarious though. My second challenger burned to death using his cheap stove while I was away from they keyboard. His shower was broken so he couldn't put himself out! I'm sorry to hear about the setback though. Thanks for sharing your stories!

@Bob89 It looks like @SimPoseyYum answered your question pretty well. :D 20 x 15 is reccomended just so you have more money to start with and buy nicer appliances. The nicer the appliance, the better it takes care of a motive. The most expensive bed refreshes you in half the time of a cheap bed for example. But yes, you may use any lot you wish, and build anywhere on the lot, as long as you don't leave the 8 x 8 area.

@Pooky21365 Thanks! I'm actually working on building some other houses in that neighborhood to match now. XD And since the challenge is over I've moved it and Ixion to my "Play" file where I've got all the rest of the townies. @00Nur 's Joan Alone has been by a few times since.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    Pooky21365Pooky21365 Posts: 114 Member
    @fullspiral... Sorry, you had a set back on your progress today, but appreciate you sharing the picture. I actually laughed out loud when I read your first post about Mortimer. Too funny!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Got some new pics!

@Daemongrin 's Darrius Thorne is still a determined hobo. I guess having lived in a box for so long he wants to experience the great outdoors. XD
    roomchallenger-01.jpg

@litabelaqua 's Marie Bain is back to being big and beautiful. But y'know what, that's okay. She still lives a healthy lifestyle, and she's got lots of skills.
    roomchallenger-02.jpg

Krystal Mallari strode by just as Mako was heading off to bed, so I didn't get a chance to say hello. I love how you get people just walking by though. I like seeing all these people out and about.
    roomchallenger-03.jpg

@00Nur 's Joan Alone bonds with Ixion over anime hair colors. I didn't notice until after this pic was taken, but in Ixion's currently hidden hand, he's got a fork stuck to it. XD
    roomchallenger-04.jpg

Joan Alone mixes a drink with grace and dignity. XD
    roomchallenger-05.jpg

@Pooky21365 's Mansie again. She's quite assertive in her bid to exist within my town. XD I know like, half the pictures I've shared are all Mansie, but this one was just too cute not to post!
    roomchallenger-06.jpg

I do have plenty of other challengers in town, and I'm keeping an eye out. If I don't find them soon, I'll sneak in a relationship modifier cheat which will add them to Mako's friend's tab and get them to appear more often.
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Oh, looks like fun! How would I get Yuni and Serenity to join you? Do I just add them to the Gallery (I haven't done anything with the Gallery yet)?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Oh, looks like fun! How would I get Yuni and Serenity to join you? Do I just add them to the Gallery (I haven't done anything with the Gallery yet)?

Yep. Just upload to your gallery, and then let me know what your Origin ID is. I'll add her into my town, and if I see her, I'll take some pics and say hello!

And speaking of, lol. No sooner had I said "Man these challengers must be shy!" than suddenly my neighborhood was invaded by three at once! Darrius Thorne got off his park bench and came by for a visit with Charlee Skaggs and Ashleigh Wilde. I was like "There's only one person in town I know of with blue skin." XD So I went and started talking with her as the others showed up.

roomchallenger-07.jpg

I think what's happening is that they're loading too slowly. When they enter the neighborhood, they don't always load immediately, but they're still there and still walking. So they're just kind of ghosting through. That would be my guess. Anyway, now I just need to find Hunter Weiss, and convince K Remesch that the outdoors is really not such a bad place to be! XD
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Can you upload your sim for my sim when she is done with challenge? They would match well.

katoregama wrote: »
    Feel free to check my math. XD Here's my final tally at the start of the 11th Week!

Week 1
    -6 DAYS
    Bodybuilder - Basic Trainer +5
    Master Chef - Aluminum Chef +5
    Computer Whiz - With the Program +5

Week 2
    -7 Days
    Computer Whiz - Technically Adept +5

Week 3
    -7 Days
    Bestselling Author - Fledge-Linguist +5
    Bestselling Author - Competent Wordsmith +5
    Writing Lvl MAX +10

Week 4
    -7 Days
    Bestselling Author - Novelest Novelist +5
    Bestselling Authour - COMPLETE +5
    Freelance Botanist - Nature Walker +5

Week 5
    -7 Days
    Painting lvl MAX +10
    Freelance Botanist - Garden Variety +5
    Freelance Botanist - Nature Nurturer +5

Week 6
    -7 Days
    Gardening lvl MAX +10
    Freelance Botanist - COMPLETE +5
    Painter Extraordinaire - Ill At Easel +5
    Painter Extraordinaire - Fine Artist +5
    Painter Extraordinaire - Brushing With Greatness +5
    Cooking lvl MAX +10

Week 7
    -7 Days
    Painter Extraordinaire - COMPLETE +5
    Musical Genius - Tone Deaf +5
    Nerd Brain - Prudent Student +5

Week 8
    -7 Days

Week 9
    -7 Days
    Fitness lvl MAX +10
    Mansion Baron Tier 1 +5

Week 10
    -7 Days
    Gourmet Cooking lvl MAX +10
    Programming lvl MAX +10

Week 11
    -2 Days
    Mansion Baron Tier 2 +5
    Mansion Baron Tier 3 +5
    Mansion Baron Tier COMPLETE +5

ixion-05.jpg
    ixion-06.jpg
    ixion-07.jpg
    ixion-08.jpg
    ixion-09.jpg
    ixion-10.jpg

Woot! 209! And I was SO CLOSE to completing the Video Gaming skill, but I figured if I didn't build the house now, something would have gone wrong. Ah well! Room for people to beat my score. XD

Here's the final mansion.
    ixion-11.jpg
    ixion-12.jpg

I built it the moment after the mail lady dropped by with bills, that way I only had to pay 1,000 in bill before the inevitable mansion BOOM. Ixion is currently standing at the spot where the mailbox used to be, and the mail lady got bumped around during the build, but she's still in the back yard.

ixion-13.jpg
    ixion-14.jpg

Ixion is glad to make a new friend, lol!

• Options
    Rudiarose wrote: »
    Can you upload your sim for my sim when she is done with challenge? They would match well.

Yep! Ixion is already uploaded, as are Nathan Shine and Doris Dolores. My gallery ID is katoregama.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    All's well that ends well. She completed the mansion baron aspiration despite the Mortimer hiccup!

10-25-14_9-46nbspPM_zpsbca306fb.png

10-25-14_9-46nbspPM-3_zps6be21ad5.png

10-25-14_9-52nbspPM_zpsd21c205f.png

And she finally got to go meet someone new! And have a drink at the bar. She ran in to Brad Pitt lol

10-25-14_10-14nbspPM-2_zps8ee635ca.png

Great challenge kato!
  • Options
    @fullspiral Ha ha that's awesome! Her house looks great! I love that little garden in the center. And congrats on completing the challenge!
  • Options
    Dragonrose69Dragonrose69 Posts: 748 Member
    I decided to take a break this weekend after playing Faith for a while. Stupid Windows update restarted my computer and I couldn't face finding out what I lost in progress. I save pretty regularly but am not sure how long before the restart happened I had saved.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    katoregama wrote: »
    @fullspiral Ha ha that's awesome! Her house looks great! I love that little garden in the center. And congrats on completing the challenge!

Thanks. Compared to your place mine is still a box. lol

I'll definitely do this challenge again. But I think next time, I will use a bigger lot than the bargain one in WC. I had to sell all her armored statues right after she completed because the mailman showed up with a 12K bill and she only had 341 simoleons left. lol

• Options
    frzshotGGfrzshotGG Posts: 7 New Member
    edited October 2014
    @katoregama
    Your ending mansion is superb<3 I'm in 8th week did almost all my aspirations except the mansion one. I messed up the score but I want to finish this anyhow. Will post my screenshots soon. :smile:
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I've just started the challenge though I won't be keeping score. But I would like to stay in the rules. Once I have learnt how to find my pics on my comp I will post pics. One question are we allowed to buy one of those huge bears the kids like talking to?? I've given my sim the childish trait.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I've just started the challenge though I won't be keeping score. But I would like to stay in the rules. Once I have learnt how to find my pics on my comp I will post pics. One question are we allowed to buy one of those huge bears the kids like talking to?? I've given my sim the childish trait.

There is no reason why you couldn't. But, be aware it takes up a huge amount of your precious space. Charlee was childish, so I bought her the little llamacorn. It takes up almost no space, and you can still talk to it. Plus, when she sits on the floor and plays with it, sometimes she smacks it into her face.

@katoregama Charlee looks nice in her formal clothes! Sxy librarian! I chose her everyday and bedtime clothes and hair, but I let the game set her other outfits. I should have put her in the formal clothes and let her play on the floor with the llamacorn. :)
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Thank you, Please meet Barbara Valencia
    10-26-14_11-26nbspAM-2_zpsdbc48e97.png
    her small house is about 62 squares including her garden
    10-26-14_12-00nbspPM_zps25bd8f6b.png
    10-26-14_12-16nbspPM_zpsb42ffa1e.png
    Her traits are childish, business savvy, creative and art lover.
    Post edited by feetinstockings on
  • Options
    @feetinstockings... Barbara and your house look terrific! Enjoy the challenge. I did and now that I am done I am playing Mansie and having a blast. :D
  • Options
    Thank you Pooky, Barbara has had her first broken toilet and computer, both she had to fix. her painting level is now 5 and her garden level is now 4.and she has about 6 penpals. She also hacks to earn a little extra money.
    What's Mansie??
  • Options
    Mansie is my Sim who completed the challenge. There are pictures of her and her house further back in this post on page 25.
  • Options
    Pooky21365 wrote: »
    Mansie is my Sim who completed the challenge. There are pictures of her and her house further back in this post on page 25.

Mansie looks the sort to have loads of kids running around. She did well completing the challenge and her house looks amazing.
    I've put aging on for the hood but not my sim, so it will be interesting to see what her neighbourhood will be like when she can get out.
  • Options
    hedgekat1hedgekat1 Posts: 169 Member
    I am having a blast with this challenge and learning so much about how the game works. I would like to upload some pics but not sure how to do that here. I use Photobucket for storage. Can someone tell me what I need to put in the text box? I have tried all four links provided by Photobucket but none of them show a picture in Preview.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Using Photobucket you would right click on the pic and get the URL, then paste that into the attach image/file option here (the one that looks like a paper with the corner folded). Although I believe you cannot post pictures when you are very new,

Off topic, I love your name! Like a hedgepiggie, but a spikey cat! (in my head, anyway)
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited October 2014
    hedgekat1 wrote: »
    I am having a blast with this challenge and learning so much about how the game works. I would like to upload some pics but not sure how to do that here. I use Photobucket for storage. Can someone tell me what I need to put in the text box? I have tried all four links provided by Photobucket but none of them show a picture in Preview.

Pick the one underneath the photo called "img" to paste it here if you can. As Piper says you might be to new. I didn't notice a corner being folded. I need to look at that again. I always just pick the one that says img under the photo in my bucket. Usually I make an album for each Legacy or challenge.

Edited to add: I am going to have to do this challenge. I am to involved LOL. The only thing is: I think I am going to get attached to this Sim. What do you all do with your Sims when this challenge is over?
  • Options
    worsiedogworsiedog Posts: 376 Member
    SueDNim lead me here, i am going to try this one.
  • Options
    @worsiedog... have fun!
  • Options
    hedgekat1hedgekat1 Posts: 169 Member
    Thanks Piperbird and Glimmer. That is what I used to do with Photobucket but it has been a long time since I posted any pics. Now they have 4 different links to use. None of them showed up in Preview. But I will try the IMG and see if it works. Oooookaay. I got a popup saying I need to be around longer before I can post links. Anyone know how long that is?

@Piperbird1. I like your image of my name. I actually chose it because my name is Kat and my home is surrounded by hedges.

@katoregama I love the green roof on your mansion. It inspired me to do a small one on mine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top