Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappointed by simoleon limit

Comments

• Options
    DanyhaasDanyhaas Posts: 343 Member
    mikmaker wrote: »
    Danyhaas wrote: »
    my sims are always poor haha

me too, I don't use the cheatcodes

cheats are for losers no just kidding i sometimes use the testing cheats for fun
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I'd love it if you could transfer money between households, like if your Sim parents want to give money to help the kids get started, or if you could gift them items like a coffeemaker or stereo.

That's a feature I've wanted to see since The Sims 1. I had Monique's modded computer for S2 and loved that I could transfer funds. I especially like that feature when you start out with a handful of sims in a home as roommates and then want to separate them. It drives me nuts that the one left behind gets all the money even though they all earned it together. In S4, the one left behind has over 400k. The rest got stuck with a measely 20k and had to start all over again.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    flgurl315flgurl315 Posts: 72 Member
    Not like it's the first of the games to have the 9,999,999 limit..

Origin: CattleDestroyer

Xbox Gamertag: CattleDestroyer

Currently Playing: Sims 4 & Dragon Age: Inquistion
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    I don't understand, you've got all the money you can possiby imagine. You have the power. :s
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    I don't mind the limit. All other games have had this limit aswell, and when I got there I never knew what to do with that much money. I don't think my average sims even need more than at most 100.000 Simoleons.
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    HeyItsTashieeHeyItsTashiee Posts: 172 Member
    Well I would like to experience that much money in the game. I just sold my hedges around my house to earn a few simoleons!
  • Options
    Rayeee18Rayeee18 Posts: 333 Member
    Ummmm well at the moment... my current family have about 1,000 simoleons... So I dont think this will be a problem for awhile...
  • Options
    SketchSketch Posts: 433 Member
    This is kinda ironic. There is a topic that is close to this one claiming that the rent is to plum high. Wanna share the wealth there?
    Shj7guV.png
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    well, I use motherlode to build the house for my sims and furnish and whatever is left over, they live on and go out collecting stuff out in the park, and sell it, or start painting or writing and sell for money, it takes longer but I like challenges!.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Can you give money to charities in Sims 4.
    Have not tried as yet. anyone know?
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    Evalen wrote: »

You get the Happy Moodlet boost. :) I tried Donate $1000, my Sim got Happy +3. So I guess Donate $100 gives your Sim Happy +2, and Donate 10$ gives your Sim Happy +1. I haven't tried all the Donate options, just the 1000$, so I might be wrong. :)
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

You get the Happy Moodlet boost. :) I tried Donate $1000, my Sim got Happy +3. So I guess Donate $100 gives your Sim Happy +2, and Donate 10$ gives your Sim Happy +1. I haven't tried all the Donate options, just the 1000$, so I might be wrong. :)

Do you still use the mailbox or the computer?

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    For me once my Sims reach that level, it is game over for me because the challenge is gone being the Sims now can get anything they wish. I just start all over again and do something different. I do not like using certain cheats because certain cheats diminishes the game for me especially any cheats involving money.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited October 2014

The computer. I think your charisma has to be a certain level for it though since I remember seeing it under the Charisma option.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member

The computer. :)
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Be happy there are limits. Imagine that the game would allow a simdollar amount under zero. That would be a disappointment
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member
    So far, my current household has over a million dollars. V.V
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    ooppii1ooppii1 Posts: 90 Member
    Wow, I spend 3 generations to get 80.000 - saving for a new house, so my 5 person family doesn't have to live in a 3 room house o.o
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    blunote00 wrote: »
    My sims have never even had anything close to that unless I cheated.
    Assuming that everyone that's hit it cheats is a poor assumption. My sims have hit it more than one so It's annoying to me. In fact, I've already created thread on this very topic here. I had to enter a cheat to remove from their household income instead adding to it.

Dixieangel did not say anyone who reached that limit had cheated. She said she had never reached it unless she cheated. Big difference.
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    My sims have never even had anything close to that unless I cheated.

Precisely. How you can even get that much money without cheating is unknown to me.
  • Options
    mangoandgypsymangoandgypsy Posts: 41 Member
    My husband and wife team have just over $300,000 right now. It's the most I've ever saved. I didn't have that much even in Sims 3. She's a writer and he's a painter. They both maxed out their skills, careers and aspirations. To mix things up I gave them new aspirations to play with. Currently he is writing and she is painting now. They still go to their old jobs, though.

I'm okay with the money cap. At this point I don't know what to do with the money that I already have. I have a small house, but I'm okay with that as I don't like having a large house. I'm happy with it for now.
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    Am I the only one who cheats to take money away from my Sims? Some of my houses are just regular folk paying "taxes".

Is there a cheat to take away money from sim family?
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Bring up the cheat window (and I do this automatically, so can't say exactly. I think it is CTRL-C) then type "money AMOUNT." Leave out the quotes. For instance if you want your sims to have 0 dollars, type money 0 and hit enter. If you want them to have 9,999,999 type money 9,999,999.
  • Options
    VonSimsVonSims Posts: 186 Member
    Well I've cheated to get to the limit while playing the Landgraab's. Now I'm just letting the wealth dwindle down with each generation until they can no longer afford to live in the family mansion and have to donate it to the town and turn it into a fabulous library.
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    Bring up the cheat window (and I do this automatically, so can't say exactly. I think it is CTRL-C) then type "money AMOUNT." Leave out the quotes. For instance if you want your sims to have 0 dollars, type money 0 and hit enter. If you want them to have 9,999,999 type money 9,999,999.

Thanks!