Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Death...Disappointed

ArilyArily Posts: 208 Member
Well I had my first death...Don Lothario lol...I was a little disappointed though. Firstly it was by fire and it took a LONG time for him to die...it just kept burning and burning. Secondly Grimmy showed up and it took him a LONG time to take the body.

I really do miss fireman and hope they return soon because I'm playing Legacy style and didn't have enough money for the fire water sprinkler thingy...would have been nice if I could have called emergency on the phone. I'm not sad Don died but if it was anyone of my other Sims I would have been sad...Even though it takes a LONG time for them to die and I'm sure another Sim would have plenty of time to put the fire out, what if they were home alone?

EDIT: Lastly (almost for to add this) NO ONE cared he even died. NO ONE cried. Not his girlfriend or daughter. I think I was more upset then anyone in the house!

Comments

• Options
    DanyhaasDanyhaas Posts: 343 Member
    :(
  • Options
    PandererPanderer Posts: 247 Member
    I am soooo depressed about the lack of emotion when it comes to friends'/family members' deaths. It's just devastating on our end as you said lol. It makes me sadder for this fictional character that I have to TELL his friends to go mourn his grave for them to feel any sort of emotions. Ugh.
    qR08FrB.png
  • Options
    I really hope this changes...was hoping it would've change with the adding of ghost.
  • Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Poor Don - sounds weird that nobody cried when he died; maybe his relationship wasn't that high with family members

I noticed my sims will always react when one of the family members dies

Here is my 1st gen sim that I created when started Sims4; She dies of old age next to her husband J Huntington III (pre-made)

270.jpg

And J dies of old age outside the house and his daughter along with his nephew and a neighbor come to mourn him:

271.jpg
    272.jpg

That looked really sad in game - especially how the daughter cried - she was sad 3 more sim days after J died
  • Options
    Their relationship with Don was high so hmmm I don't know why they didn't mourn for Don.

Thank you for sharing your pictures though!
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Poor Don - sounds weird that nobody cried when he died; maybe his relationship wasn't that high with family members

Here is my 1st gen sim that I created when started Sims4; She dies of old age next to her husband J Huntington III (pre-made)

270.jpg

And J dies of old age outside the house and his daughter along with his nephew and a neighbor come to mourn him:

271.jpg
    272.jpg

That looked really sad in game - especially how the daughter cried - she was sad 3 more sim days after J died

It should be more consistent though.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I was devastated when Don L. died in my game! He is my ultimate "bad boy", LOL His wife pleaded the first time and grim spared him (he died of old age), the second time his child pleaded but it did no good :'( Did you click on him so he could extinguish himself? Or did you just watch him suffer such a long death :o LOL, j/k
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    edited October 2014
    New deaths coming next EP

Death by social bunnies
    Death%2BBunnies%2B3.gif

Death from being Brad Pitt
    [img]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/view2/3624362/brad-pitt-epic-death-o.gif[/img]

Death from facechecking the bush
    qkjk.gif

Death from censorship
    sorugifo1.gif
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I haven't been able to kill off a sim yet, and I have let their needs go into the red on at least three of their needs. And yes, I do have autonomy off. :\
  • Options
    Another weird thing...Don still shows in relationship panel but shows as Deceased...would much rather have that in a family tree thing and not in the relationship panel...lol
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    yes, and as the game goes on, more appear in the panel......more than the actual alive ones :s
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    My founder heir's wife's father died and she was devastated. My founder's heir pleaded with the reaper but failed. Then not two seconds after her mother died and she pleaded and won, but it lasted a whole sim hour and she died again O.o Talk about traumatising!
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    When my sim died his own children didn't cry even though they were feet away when he was taken by grim. Then they walked by his grave to go to school with the happy emotion while the mother was very sad
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    I just had the daughter mourn the grave which made her sad but ya she didn't get sad on her own.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member

270.jpg

271.jpg
    272.jpg

I think they react more depending on the relationship with sims and traits. I had sims get sad at death and would cry or go up to the urn and mourn autonomously (this was before ghosts as I started a new game since and no deaths yet). They also get jealous when their love interest flirts with others and would cry.

So far mine seem to be expressive and sad.
  • Options
    haveagreendaysdhaveagreendaysd Posts: 223 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    I don't know why... maybe there's something seriously wrong with me..

but I have never laughed so loud at a couple of screenshots.

Please don't take offense, as I mean absolutely none.

I would say maybe it's because of how Grim Reaper's just standing down the street, almost like he's waiting for the family to stop crying. Probably looking at his watch, going "C'mon, guys, I have a 5pm Embarrassment Death to catch. If this is gonna tie me up enough to make me miss 'Dancing With The Sims', lemme tell you, you're not gonna see a happy Grimmy." :p
    Feel like friending me in the TS4 gallery? Search for "StephyDee" and look for the random goof who talks about machinima and plum knows what else. ;)

If this worked, you'd be seeing an awesome siggy I made down there *points down*. *sigh* C'est la vie...
    VKGV8Ww.jpg
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    Arily wrote: »
    Well I had my first death...Don Lothario lol. Firstly it was by fire and it took a LONG time for him to die...it just kept burning and burning. Secondly Grimmy showed up and it took him a LONG time to take the body.

YES!!!! :D
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    erm - better luck next time?
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    I haven't played a family enough to have a family member die yet.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member
    Arily wrote: »
    Well I had my first death...Don Lothario lol...I was a little disappointed though. Firstly it was by fire and it took a LONG time for him to die...it just kept burning and burning. Secondly Grimmy showed up and it took him a LONG time to take the body.

I really do miss fireman and hope they return soon because I'm playing Legacy style and didn't have enough money for the fire water sprinkler thingy...would have been nice if I could have called emergency on the phone. I'm not sad Don died but if it was anyone of my other Sims I would have been sad...Even though it takes a LONG time for them to die and I'm sure another Sim would have plenty of time to put the fire out, what if they were home alone?

EDIT: Lastly (almost for to add this) NO ONE cared he even died. NO ONE cried. Not his girlfriend or daughter. I think I was more upset then anyone in the house!

"NO ONE cared he even died." But sims 4 is so emotional. Emotional failure.
  • Options
    shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • Options
    shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Is it infested with polio? Shedding polio in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matter... best method of polio transmission.
  • Options
    No - I just really dislike you.
  • Options
    No - I just really dislike you.

tumblr_lwznzogsGn1ql5yr7o3_500.gif
    Love you too.
  • Options
    SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    It's a glitch/bug that makes people not notice the death. It has nothing to do with relationships or traits. I saved a game just moments before an elder died. The first play through only 2 of the three cared. I replayed it to see if the third would notice so I quickly moved her to the room. NO ONE cared. I then replayed it a third time and didn't move anyone at all and all three cared.

Something is not catching all sims on the lot when someone dies. I use the cheat sims.add_buff Buff_WitnessedDeathLovedOne to catch anyone who missed the death emotion when I want them to all care.

Just another bug in a mass of bugs.