Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghost not coming!!

So I placed the tombstone in the yard and its 2:38 am and it's been two days :'( I don't know what to do

Comments

• Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    it takes 3-4 days. and they don't appear every night.
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    It could take a couple more days for them to appear. It's not the sims 3. They actually don't come out every night so you aren't overwhelmed by them. 3-4 days is usually the norm before they appear.
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    just out of interest what day of the sim week are you on?
  • Options
    simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    mine came out the very next night
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Look at the gravestone and check if there is still a name

The game will apparently purge ghosts

Took my boy out :'(
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    puppypower343puppypower343 Posts: 54 New Member
    [quote="litabelaqua;12846946"]just out of interest what day of the sim week are you on?[/quote]

I don't know what you mean and how do you figure it out
  • Options
    [quote="cauliflowers;12846968"]Look at the gravestone and check if there is still a name

The game will apparently purge ghosts

Took my boy out :'( [/quote]

Well one of my gravestone doesn't that's sad
  • Options
    what day is it in your game, is it Monday Tuesday Wednesday........etc
  • Options
    also what relationship was the dead sim to your living sims
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    So I placed the tombstone in the yard and its 2:38 am and it's been two days :'( I don't know what to do

It took 7 days for mine to show up, it was the middle of the week and she was in an 8 Sim household. She was friends with one of the roomies and romantically involved with another. Made it easier to move her back in when she finally showed up. I just kept hovering over her urn to make sure her name was still showing up.
  • Options
    Ok this is the problem, on Thursday at 3.30am the game runs a check on dead sims. If a dead sim is related to a living sim that you are playing (or was husband/wife) then for some reason known only to the gurus, the check deletes the information from that tombstone so that the sims file is erased. You are left with a wrecked and useless tombstone that will never spawn a ghost

There is a mod that stops this happening, I have it and it works, you can find it at MTS but once the tombstone has been wrecked the mod cannot save it.

If you havnt got to Thursday after the sim died yet then you may see a ghost, if you have then click on the gravestone, if you can mourn then all is well and good , if you cant then you will never see that ghost because the file no longer exists.
  • Options

It took 7 days for mine to show up, it was the middle of the week and she was in an 8 Sim household. She was friends with one of the roomies and romantically involved with another. Made it easier to move her back in when she finally showed up. I just kept hovering over her urn to make sure her name was still showing up.

Hovering wont do it, I made that mistake, you have to actually click on the tombstone to check that it is still active
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited October 2014

Hovering wont do it, I made that mistake, you have to actually click on the tombstone to check that it is still active

Ah, I didn't know that! I was just trying to finish all the ghost achievements. Her roommates were mourning her urn nonstop so I will be sure to keep an eye on that if I ever feel the need to get another ghost again.

Thanks for the tip.

I felt awful killing a Sim off so probably will never do it again, lol.

Oh, I did notice that even after she was added to the household and became playable that they would still go and mourn her urn. Should I put it in her inventory or something?

ETA: Is it because she was friends with one of the roomies and romantically involved with another that she wasn't deleted? Because it took about 7 days (give or take 1) for her to finally appear.

ETA2: DUH! I just remembered that I have the "no-genocide" mod installed....that is probably what saved her.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Before you let a sim die, get a writer to write the Book of Life, then you can summon the ghost at any time (assuming the tombstone is not wrecked).

If you ever get a sim to fulfil the writer aspiration, save that sim to your library and use them as a travelling writer so that you can add the writer to any of your future families to write the Book of Life for them. Just kick the writer out afterwards.

Yes keep the tombstone in inventory or make a little graveyard on a venue somewhere. I made a wedding and party venue , where i hold all my sims special parties and weddings. A few sim guests have actually died during some of the parties, one was Death by Birthday Party. I couldn't pick up those tombstones so I put them in one corner of the venue and made a little graveyard, Now when I have parties there I have ghosts turn up when it gets dark. I put all my sims tombstones there now

grveyard_zps97344847.jpg
  • Options
    It's still not coming............... It's saturday the sim died by my hunger and its 11:11pm
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Start killing a whole bunch of Sims in that house and it will show up to morn them.
  • Options
    what happens when you click on the tombstone, does it say destroy?
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Plz help
  • Options
    RoddSteeleRoddSteele Posts: 43 Member
    /embarrassed
    I totally read the title wrong.

Cheers!
  • Options
    Okay do u think it would help if I put tombestone inside
  • Options
    NVM I FOUND IT
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,945 Member
    I feel unusually fortunate, inasmuch as both my Founder and his second wife died on my lot on the very same Sim Day — which just happened to be October 1st, when we got the patch for ghosts! How cool was that? My Founder was the first to pop out of his urn, left in the house by his now three orphaned sons. I decided I was having so much fun, that I needed to reclaim the tombstone of his first wife from the family inventory and now she also comes out to haunt. I get a different ghost every night, since I have three of them. Once, I actually saw two out at the same time. Blew me away. LOL

I do hope you get your ghostly issue resolved.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ChaosMasterRoseChaosMasterRose Posts: 53 Member
    Juan Adan was Destiny's husband, the game nuked him when he died!