Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gender of baby fix

I know before the patch, a lot of people were saying they were having trouble with sims either giving birth to all boys or all girls. At the time, I didn't have an issue with this.
Since the latest patch, I've now been hit with it. ALL the births have been to boys! I know you can go into CAS and change it.
So anybody who had this issue, did this fix with the latest patch?
Origin ID - eliselove1
Four Seasons Properties

Comments

• Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Everyday I learn something new, I didn't know you can switch gender in CAS!
    When did they add that?

In any case, there is some bug with random generator where it gets stuck for unknown reason and you get same gender babies all the time or twins in a row.
    If it was possible to find the cause, I'd exploit it to make 133 triplets in a row for Baby Boom challenge, but... Well...
    And it's not from the last update, the bug is in the game since the release.

How to unstuck the random generator is also unknown.
    It'll work properly if you start a new game.
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Nope it hasn't for me. I had an even number of girls and boys being born in game. Since this patch, it's all been boys, with different families.
    Yeah you can change their gender if you use the cheat cas.fulleditmode :)
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    Cheats? Sorry, I don't want to know anything about that.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Cheats? Sorry, I don't want to know anything about that.

Too late. What has been read cannot be un-read ;-)

There's also a gender-flipping mod at MTS.
  • Options
    will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    The pregnancies in game have been pretty even so far-- one sim had twins(no mods or potion); a boy and a girl. Another sim had a boy and my last sim had a girl. I'm not counting the two boys that my male couple had since I used the 'Babies for everyone' mod (on MTS I believe)...deleted this mod afterwards because it conflicted with the muscle/fat expanded slider mod. The only problems I have in game are the can't woohoo in bed bug and sims that visit knock on the inside of the front door.
  • Options
    theskull07theskull07 Posts: 36 Member
    I had a sim have 4 girls, including a set of identical twins, before finally having a boy. At least her aging partner got to see his son before dying the next week.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    I don't know if I have the bug or not! I only had two babies in the game before the patch--both were girls--and one baby since the patch that is a boy. I only had one baby since the patch because I had to finish playing the pregnancy and make a library copy of the family just in case the whole game implodes with the next update.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Brianna123Brianna123 Posts: 351 Member
  • Options
    simonevans1963simonevans1963 Posts: 206 Member
    Do we know yet at which point baby gender is fixed ... i.e. at conception (a la TS3) or birth (TS2) or somewhere in between?
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Do we know yet at which point baby gender is fixed ... i.e. at conception (a la TS3) or birth (TS2) or somewhere in between?

One of the SGs said conception in one of the daily chats.
  • Options
    simonevans1963simonevans1963 Posts: 206 Member
    Ah great thanks for letting me know.
  • Options
    conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    All girls here nine so far. Only play one family.
  • Options
    RoddSteeleRoddSteele Posts: 43 Member
    I recently had problems with 6 girls until a fellow Simmer told me to switch who initiates the "Try for Baby". Call me superstitious but on my 9th attempt of not having a boy and trying this once, it worked for me. Probably just a coincidence. But I'm a happy Dad with a boy. But with 5 sisters, wow. =)

Cheers!
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    I read in a different topic, from a user with a lovely Space Dandy avatar, that switching the person who initiates the Try for Baby might help. If your Male sim is initiating the Try for Baby and getting only girls, try having the Female sim initiating the Try for Baby, and see if it works.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    Hmm. Worth a shot. I'll try it out tonight, first with my female sim. If they get a girl, I won't have another, if a boy, I'll get my male sim to try :D

Got nothing to loose!
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    RoddSteeleRoddSteele Posts: 43 Member
    > @simlish1 said:
    > Hmm. Worth a shot. I'll try it out tonight, first with my female sim. If they get a girl, I won't have another, if a boy, I'll get my male sim to try :D
    >
    > Got nothing to loose!

Good Luck!
  • Options
    I think I need it. I just want a little girl so I can pass the legacy on through her. Not much to ask. If I have two boys, sadly he'll have to have a sex change!
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,942 Member
    I've had only boys, thus far. This is across a few game saves, too. I finally went ahead and took one into cas.fulleditmode and changed him to a her. So glad we have this ability! Some families that I play have a preset order of gender. It just isn't the same if I leave it to chance. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    So the female tried for a baby first...and they welcomed baby Tommy into the world! :s
    She's pregnant again, from the male initiating it, so we will see what happens!
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    And it was a boy! I have the gender glitch! :( Oh well, he is now a she!
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    So many different ideas, someone said if you have the baby at home it will be a girl, if you have it at the hospital its a boy. I have not tried that as yet, anyone? Have you had a boy or girl at the hospital.
  • Options
    It is simply not true.
    I had boys, girls and twins in hospital. No triplets yet though.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,449 Member
    simlish1 wrote: »
    And it was a boy! I have the gender glitch! :( Oh well, he is now a she!

Lucky you! I wanted a boy and got four girls first! I went to edit worlds and sent two of them to the Goth family. Now I'm meeting my abandoned daughters everywhere in the park and on the streets and I'm feeling so guilty (and btw they are so fat! No lean cuisine in the Goth family) ...

• Options
    mappammappam Posts: 139 Member
    Only girls so far - ho hum - keep trying for a boy........
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    I've had two boys and five girls, from one family.