Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll of Sorts - How long have you played Sims & TS4 opinion

songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
There seems to be a vast divide between the players who love the game and those who are disappointed. There is also a large contingency of players not loving it as it is now but who hold out hopes that patches and EPs will change things. So I wondered whether these feelings correspond to past experience with sims games. (That and I'm avoiding Organic Chemistry reading.)

Curiosity won over my fear of starting yet another thread where people will argue. (Can *we* all just get along in this post no matter your opinion? Please? Pretend you're the Sims version of Switzerland for purposes of this post.) There probably isn't a definitive correlation between the two, but now that the idea popped into my head, I want to ask.

So here goes.
  1. On a scale of 0-10 (0 being low/10 high) rate your experience with Sims 4.
  2. How many hours would you estimate you've played TS4?
  3. Have you played past iterations of the Sims franchise?
  4. If you answered yes to #3, which games have you played?
  5. If you answered no to #3, what prompted you to try the game now?
  6. Name one thing you love about TS4. "Nothing" is not an answer. Find something. Say the game cover if you must.)
  7. Name one thing you dislike about TS4. ("Nothing" is not an answer. Find something. Choose, um, the grass. I don't know. You get the idea.) Even in games you love there are things you wish were different. Likewise, in games you wish you had never bought, there is usually something you can say is okay (if not great.
  8. Bonus Question: What are the chances we'll see another MLB "Show-Me/I-70 Showdown" World Series this year?

(ETA thanks to @Trowiciaaa pointing out that I can't count! :wink: )

Comments

• Options
    burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    1. 8.5 out of 10
    2. Im to ashamed to say...
    3. yes
    4. Sims 1, 2, and 3
    6. I love the look of it.
    7. I miss open world.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited October 2014
    1. 5.
    2. 390 hours.
    3. All of the official ones, never touched spinoffs.
    4. (you mean #3 right? If so...) Sims 1 and all EPs, Sims 2 and all EPs/SPs, Sims 3 and all EPs/SPs.
    5. ---
    6. The sims theirselves! There are still some obvious issues with them (such as routing), and I'm hoping they'll get fixed eventually. The sims emotions and how they respond to their environment is great like no other.
    7. There's a few things but just to keep things simple, it'd have to be the amount of effort required to meet certain aspiration/work goals when the rewards their selves aren't that satisfying. I like the idea, I just wish it'd be toned down for what it's worth.
    8. Err... I'll pass on that one since I have no clue what that is.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    1. 7.5/10
    2. A hundred? Ish? Could be more.
    3. Yes
    4. Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3
    5. n/a
    6. Different animations for a single action based on a Sim's state of mind
    7. Sims dropping assigned tasks when I leave them at home to go away with another Sim in the same household
    8. Confused. Not hockey? Confused.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Thanks, @bunrtcheese223! Now I can answer my own poll. I didn't want to reply to myself!

1. I'm at a solid 6.
    2. Origin says 206.
    3. Yes
    4. 2, 3 and Medieval
    5. n/a
    6. I like the multitasking
    7. I miss create a style
    Bonus round: I don't actually follow baseball!
  • Options
    ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    1. A Seven.
    2. Hmmm probably around 5 weeks?
    3. All of them. Sims 3 being my fave.
    4. Sims 1 to 3.
    5. Skip.
    6. I really do like the multitasking and animation. It's really beautiful.
    7. NO OPEN WORLD.

Bonus Question: I have no idea what that is, sorry.
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • Options
    BetterAngelsBetterAngels Posts: 50 Member
    1) I'll say 7
    2) Zero idea
    3) Yes
    4) Sims 1, 2, 3, as well as the console versions and spin offs.
    5) Multitasking
    6) The missing features (pools, toddlers, NPCs, ect)
  • Options
    My bonus question is tanking. I should have known not ask about baseball when I don't follow it myself. That was my lame attempt at keeping things light. Thankfully, I am not a sim, so I will not expire due to mortification.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Haha, no worries. It really should be me who feels mortified. I can be clueless about a lot of things, I just choose not to express it most of the time and to stay quiet.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    3.yes
    5.CAS
    6.Customization
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    On a scale of 0-10 (0 being low/10 high) rate your experience with Sims 4.
    How many hours would you estimate you've played TS4?
    Have you played past iterations of the Sims franchise?
    If you answered yes to #2, which games have you played?
    If you answered no to #2, what prompted you to try the game now?
    Name one thing you love about TS4. "Nothing" is not an answer. Find something. Say the game cover if you must.)
    Name one thing you dislike about TS4. ("Nothing" is not an answer. Find something. Choose, um, the grass. I don't know. You get the idea.) Even in games you love there are things you wish were different. Likewise, in games you wish you had never bought, there is usually something you can say is okay (if not great.

1. 7
    2. around 200 according to Origin, but to be fair, I often get called away to do mommy duties and my game is still running, just paused.
    3. Yes
    4. TS2 with all expansions and TS3 with all expansions
    5. n/a
    6. I love being able to multitask, better gardening, and the quirkiness of the sims themselves.
    7. I don't like the fact we have these huge observatories and no chance to get a normal sized telescope. I also dislike the glitches I often get like the skills bars being stuck over a sim's head.
  • Options
    @Trowiciaa, don't be! My ETA was intended to be tongue in cheek and poking fun at myself. If it came across otherwise, I apologize. Sometimes I hate this medium. It can be so difficult to tell what someone else means. Anyway, I'm glad you mentioned it.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2014
    1. I'd give it a 7.5 -- it's got a bit of a learning curve and parts of it are harder than they should be for a game of its type, but over all I've enjoyed it. Bugs/glitches have been minimal on my end, other than the occasional not being able to queue up tasks which usually happens when I've been playing for several hours so I realize I (and the game) need a rest.
    2. Origin says 151 hours, but I think that includes the CAS Demo which I had about 20 hours; I'm usually able to get in a couple of hours of playing a day average (won't be on tomorrow; going to see a very special friend and hopefully have time to get my hug!).
    3. Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims Medieval, did a bit of Sims Life Stories. I'm pretty much a Simaholic. :p
    4. See answer 3; of the games I played, I had just about all the EPs and SPs with the exception of Sims 2; that was because I was playing on a Mac and EA wouldn't let Aspyr port most of the SPs or the last two EPs.
    5. N/A
    6. Just one? Well, in that case I'll go with the wide range of interactions available, especially romantic interactions when couples get to a high romance level, and how Sims will do a lot more autonomous interactions; they're more expressive and responsive than previous Sims.
    7. The repetitive nature of many of the tasks, especially if you want to unlock rewards for more than one Sim in a save, for example when your Sim's child moves out and wants the artist's easel you might have earned in the Painter career, they have to do the same career to get the item.
    8. It's going to be an all Wild Card World Series, which means Royals vs. my SF Giants; with Bud Selig the author of both the wild card system and its expansion to two teams in each league, there's no more appropriate send-off for his final World Series (since he's retiring this year). B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    1. 5
    2. About 10
    3. Yes
    4. Sims 1 (briefly) and Sims 3 (intensively)
    5. -
    6. Building mode
    7. One :(? Ok... I'll pick the way the sims and the world look (cartoony in a very bad way)
    8. Ehm...? lol
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited October 2014
    1.On a scale of 0-10 (0 being low/10 high) rate your experience with Sims 4. > 8.5

2.How many hours would you estimate you've played TS4? > 200+ (Origin does not like that I play offline ;p )

3.Have you played past iterations of the Sims franchise? > yep

4.If you answered yes to #3, which games have you played? > All SimCity, TSM, TS , 2, 3, 4 (TS2 was my fav. Also every EP & SP except KPST and Movie stuff)

5.If you answered no to #3, what prompted you to try the game now? > n/a

6.Name one thing you love about TS4. "Nothing" is not an answer. Find something. Say the game cover if you must.) > The Sims themselves! So much has been done to make our sims indepth and yep sotra smarter. Multitasking is great!

7.Name one thing you dislike about TS4. ("Nothing" is not an answer. Find something. Choose, um, the grass. I don't know. You get the idea.) Even in games you love there are things you wish were different. Likewise, in games you wish you had never bought, there is usually something you can say is okay (if not great). Relationships need work all around. Some story progression would be nice with the optionto turn it off as with aging. Adding That I also dislike starting a game in CAS. Think it should start on the neighborhood map.

8.Bonus Question: What are the chances we'll see another MLB "Show-Me/I-70 Showdown" World Series this year? > Have no clue :p

PS It's like Lays Chips can't just have one! :p
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    My bonus question is tanking. I should have known not ask about baseball when I don't follow it myself. That was my lame attempt at keeping things light. Thankfully, I am not a sim, so I will not expire due to mortification.

Looks like I'm the only one who took it seriously -- I happen to be a huge sports fan as well as Sims fan (really disappointed they took the Athletic career out of the game, hope it makes a comeback in December), so be careful with me and sports. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    1. 8/10
    2. According to Origin, ive played for about 25 hours. The reason why I haven't had a chance to play as much as I'd like to is because my final exams are fast approaching :(
    3. Yes
    4. The Sims 1, 2, & 3
    5. ---
    6. I love CAS, build mode, the sims themselves have so much charm and personality, the beautiful scenery in the worlds, the fact that we can now freely visit other neighbourhoods, 'play with genetics' tool in CAS, and I'm sure there's more I can't think of right now haha
    6. I find it slightly annoying that there must be loading screens for lots within the current 'sub district' you are in. I'm all for the semi open world and the loading screens in general do not bother me that much, but I just think that within the mini neighbourhood we are in, we should be able to freely visit any lot without the loading screen. Also wish each sub district was slightly bigger than 5 lots. That's about it!
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    So here goes.
    dunno, don't care.
    Yes.
    If you answered yes to #3, which games have you played?
    Sims, Sims2, Sims3, Sims4, Cast Awat, Lifestories, My Sims, Sims PSP, Sims 2 360, Sims3 360/PS3, Sims 2 GBA
    If you answered no to #3, what prompted you to try the game now?
    N/A
    Name one thing you love about TS4. "Nothing" is not an answer. Find something. Say the game cover if you must.)
    Art Style
    Name one thing you dislike about TS4. ("Nothing" is not an answer. Find something. Choose, um, the grass. I don't know. You get the idea.) Even in games you love there are things you wish were different. Likewise, in games you wish you had never bought, there is usually something you can say is okay (if not great.
    Emotions. Kill it with fire. Can't play for longer than 20minutes before exiting the game. (It's actually more like rage-quitting)
    Bonus Question: What are the chances we'll see another MLB "Show-Me/I-70 Showdown" World Series this year?
    Bonus-answer: I now collect CC for TS4 and do little build-projects. I'm waiting for the first EP.
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    There seems to be a vast divide between the players who love the game and those who are disappointed. There is also a large contingency of players not loving it as it is now but who hold out hopes that patches and EPs will change things. So I wondered whether these feelings correspond to past experience with sims games. (That and I'm avoiding Organic Chemistry reading.)

Curiosity won over my fear of starting yet another thread where people will argue. (Can *we* all just get along in this post no matter your opinion? Please? Pretend you're the Sims version of Switzerland for purposes of this post.) There probably isn't a definitive correlation between the two, but now that the idea popped into my head, I want to ask.

So here goes.
    6. Name one thing you love about TS4. "Nothing" is not an answer. Find something. Say the game cover if you must.)
    7. Name one thing you dislike about TS4. ("Nothing" is not an answer. Find something. Choose, um, the grass. I don't know. You get the idea.) Even in games you love there are things you wish were different. Likewise, in games you wish you had never bought, there is usually something you can say is okay (if not great.
    8. Bonus Question: What are the chances we'll see another MLB "Show-Me/I-70 Showdown" World Series this year?

(ETA thanks to @Trowiciaaa pointing out that I can't count! :wink: )

1) 8 out of 10. I still love it.
    2) Not much, I tend to not wanna play too much because I'm waiting for expansion packs. D: probably about 28 hours. xD
    3) Yes. Sims 1, Sims 2 and Sims 3. With expansion packs.. :3
    4) -
    5) I like the way you create your own sim, it's soo much easierrr. Plus, it has a lot of charm. Love it. :)
    6) ehh.. It needs a little more features such as aliens and toddlers. But yeah, they can come back with expansion packs or DLC. Nothing much I find with them, oh and okay, there are a lot of bugs.. I mean, they walk into each other a lot too.
    7) I donno?
  • Options
    SanhoSanho Posts: 56 Member
    1) 7 out of 10. I have a lot of fun, but it lacks of story progressing like the memories/souvenir system (i loved to look at it on TS2 and see what happened in my sims life), FAMILY TREES RIP, toddlers. And there is some bugs and glitches very annoying.
    2) 259 hours
    3) The one I played the most was TS2. I played TS1 before a lot also (i'm sad they didn't keep rosebud). I played TS3 a bit, but I had a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 computer at that time so ... was always crashing and lagging :(
    4) ^
    5) Create a Sim! :D And i like the build mode as well.
    6) No family trees. And all the relationship bugs (the mother becomes the sister of her kid for exemple). No toddlers, no normal careers.
    7) What is that ...? :S
  • Options
    JessabiJessabi Posts: 68 Member
    edited October 2014
    I'd probably go for a 8/10.

Origin says 162 hours.

Yep!

The Sims (PS2), The Sims Bustin' Out (PS2), The Sims 2 & all EPs, minus one stuff pack (PC), and The Sims 3 with some EPs.

N/A

I love the children! Gone are the pudding faces of TS3 and everything from their interactions to their mismatched socks are super cute. Also love how all of the clothes are pregnancy-compatible. No more 🐸🐸🐸🐸 maternity wear! :p

7. Name one thing you dislike about TS4. ("Nothing" is not an answer. Find something. Choose, um, the grass. I don't know. You get the idea.) Even in games you love there are things you wish were different. Likewise, in games you wish you had never bought, there is usually something you can say is okay (if not great).
    I miss toddlers a lot! It was one of my favourite life stages (despite being the 2nd shortest) and my families don't feel quite right. I really hope they can be reintroduced at some point.

Bonus Question: What are the chances we'll see another MLB "Show-Me/I-70 Showdown" World Series this year?
    Gonna go with a big ol' *SHRUG* on that one! :p
    4h2kiv.jpg

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

So here goes.
    1. On a scale of 0-10 (0 being low/10 high) rate your experience with Sims 4. 3. I've experienced more bugs than even sims 3 (have had to turn to mods for the first time ever in a sims game) and they've removed whole chunks of my favourite aspects of the sims.
    2. How many hours would you estimate you've played TS4? 35. I keep trying to force myself into playing but I'm not addicted like I was from 1-3.
    3. Have you played past iterations of the Sims franchise? Yes everything since the start.
    4. If you answered yes to #3, which games have you played? Sims1,2,3, console versions such as bustin' out, the sims medieval.
    6. Name one thing you love about TS4 I love the food options
    7. Name one thing you dislike about TS4. I miss true generational play. I miss family trees, toddlers, proper game recognised family relationships. I feel the missed out a lot of wonderful things they could've done combining family life with multitasking (watching tv with baby in arms etc)

The reason I'm still here is I told SimGuruLindsay that I gave her my trust to work on some of the larger issues I have with 4 so I'm keeping my promise, and supporting the series by being one of their pool of feedback on the boards like they ask for :-)
  • Options
    katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    1(5 or 6)
    2 12 hours I think
    3 Yes
    4 Sims 3 I watched my sister play sims 2 a lot and played it briefly but its stopped working for some reason
    5 Create a Sim
    6 Im so disappointed with the life stages they are basically just they same and have no life to them well for me anyway, except for children.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    1.On a scale of 0-10 (0 being low/10 high) rate your experience with Sims 4.

2.How many hours would you estimate you've played TS4?

3.Have you played past iterations of the Sims franchise?
    Yes

4.If you answered yes to #3, which games have you played?
    A little of TS1, all of TS3 including owning all EP/SP/Store items.

5.If you answered no to #3, what prompted you to try the game now?
    n/a

6.Name one thing you love about TS4. "Nothing" is not an answer. Find
    something. Say the game cover if you must.)
    CAS

7.Name one thing you dislike about TS4. ("Nothing" is not an answer.
    Find something. Choose, um, the grass. I don't know. You get the idea.)
    Even in games you love there are things you wish were different.
    Likewise, in games you wish you had never bought, there is usually
    something you can say is okay (if not great.)
    All the grinding involved in learning skills, gathering items, etc., the many loading screens...

8.Bonus Question: What are the chances we'll see another MLB
    "Show-Me/I-70 Showdown" World Series this year?
    I had to look up what MLB even means... so your guess is a whole lot better than mine...

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member

0 - I haven't bought it.

Have you played past iterations of the Sims franchise?If you answered yes to #3, which games have you played?
    Yes- The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3

I can't say I love anything- I have always liked the look of the Sims and Build mode since the first. The game play was something I was never sure about and still not sure.

Name one thing you dislike about TS4.
    No Toddlers.

~ Bonus Question: What are the chances we'll see another MLB "Show-Me/I-70 Showdown" World Series this year?
    Slim? C:
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    5.5 - There are a lot of things that can be fun and create an enjoyable experience, but the missing features are glaring at times for my play style. Plus, I have had just about every single bug this game has recorded. My town founder and the whole family disappeared and that was one of the moments I contemplated quiting altogether.

214 - lowers head in shame

Since the first.

If you answered yes to #3, which games have you played?
    Probably every sims game in existence, even before The Sims. But of this series, I have played 1-4 almost daily.

N/A

I love the FX. They add so much to the atmosphere of the game. Like the gutter water in the upper class neighborhood in Willow Creek and the alligator splash in the same area.

I dislike many things, but my biggest gripe is the height jump from one baby to child to teen and then how nothing changes after that. I need something visual to fill in those huge gaps because it makes it unbelievable and I lose my interest and emotion towards the family.

No idea what the heck this means so I'll just shut it here. I am a gamer, not a sports nut. LOL