Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Plant flowers ?.

Aside from making a few dollars and a death flower I can't see a reason for the flowers.We don't have any nice vases to put them in and there is flower arrangement.Do Sims eat the flowers ?.

Comments

• Options
    moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    No, but fish do - you can use them for bait. They may also be used as fertilizer for plants. I generally just sell mine for now - or don't harvest them at all and leave them looking pretty in the front of my house - while I'm waiting for a vase to put them in.
  • Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    make the yard with the saturn v rocket look pretty
  • Options
    make the yard with the saturn v rocket look pretty

Especially with orchids and Intergalactic Space Pods, AIR?
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited October 2014
    But... but... but... I love planting flowers... :'(

They're really pretty... I'm planning on opening a flower shop if they release an OFB-esque EP.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    But... but... but... I love planting flowers... :'(

They're really pretty... I'm planning on opening a flower shop if they release an OFB-esque EP.

I loved TS2's OFB and running a flower shop (although the appliance store was always a bigger money-maker). Would love to see that make a come-back!
  • Options
    cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    I wondered the same thing, unfortunately my flowers don't look pretty, they look like bushes with coloured dots on them, regardless of what I seem to plant lol I'd do more if they looked different, like a sunflower for example!
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    I've been stuffing them in my ears and blowing raspberries. Might as well...
  • Options
    diddlochcoojdiddlochcooj Posts: 56 Member
    I've only planted the basic flowers you can buy from the computer as of yet, but they don't even look like pretty flowers? They just look like weeds? I'd get flowers if you could plant them to make your garden pretty but..
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Aside from making a few dollars and a death flower I can't see a reason for the flowers.We don't have any nice vases to put them in and there is flower arrangement.Do Sims eat the flowers ?.

It's a way to gain the harvest from 20 different plants in the Aspiration if you don't want to go around finding 20 different ones, and a way to gain your garden skills faster. And plant one, sell the rest and make some cash as they are harvested.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    KrystabelaKrystabela Posts: 143 Member
    I've gathered the flowers to npc them for the cash. I miss having the vases in my house. It brightened the place up. Now that apple tree in my front yard looks pretty good. I think I'll put a cow plant next to it.
  • Options
    moongodess wrote: »
    No, but fish do - you can use them for bait. They may also be used as fertilizer for plants. I generally just sell mine for now - or don't harvest them at all and leave them looking pretty in the front of my house - while I'm waiting for a vase to put them in.

How do you do that? Use them as bait, because I never have any option on the fishing sign or the Sim to use anything at all for bait, (maybe my skills aren't high enough?) or to even use fish for fertilizer. I just been selling them all unless I am working on the Aspirations to help meet some of those particular goals.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I wish the flowers were prettier. And that we could put them in vases.

I only bother growing them for fertilizer, or to sell.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    cully_c wrote: »
    I wondered the same thing, unfortunately my flowers don't look pretty, they look like bushes with coloured dots on them, regardless of what I seem to plant lol I'd do more if they looked different, like a sunflower for example!

This is so true. I hate that they look like bushes.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    MariposahMariposah Posts: 249 Member
    I decided flowers were too much work and let them die. If I play a gardener sim I might experiment with them again.
    TS4-Signature.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiraehd
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

How do you do that? Use them as bait, because I never have any option on the fishing sign or the Sim to use anything at all for bait, (maybe my skills aren't high enough?) or to even use fish for fertilizer. I just been selling them all unless I am working on the Aspirations to help meet some of those particular goals.

It does depend on skill level. Maybe 4 or 5? I can't remember, but at some point you'll be able to use bait then it lists all the potential things in your inventory you can use. If you choose snapdragons, it will use up all your snapdragons over time. When you run out of them, it will tell you, and you'll continue to fish without bait unless you stop fishing, click again and choose a new bait.
  • Options
    SimSiren3SimSiren3 Posts: 301 Member
    The flowers are definitely one of my disappointments in a game I generally enjoy. I still plant them, but I do wish they weren't just bushes with dots on them. I wish they looked more like the flowers in build/buy mode. Or more like the real versions of those flowers (as far as their growing habit etc. I will admit the blossoms themselves are pretty close, esp. snapdragon).
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I use them as bait in some waters it's OK and you will catch regular fish with the flowers. When your sim get to a certain level in fishing you can have the sim inspect the waters and they will tell you the fish will eat anything organic. Also using the better quality flowers for fertilizing is great, brings up the quality of the harvestables. After I go around all the neighborhoods and finding all the different flowers to plant, I fix up the yard with different ones I find. Sell the rest. Some are useful for slicing and creating new breeds. Also it fixes up the yard and give a nice moodlet while the sim do things outside. Other than that, yeah, it's useless. LOL
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    Katnap wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

It does depend on skill level. Maybe 4 or 5? I can't remember, but at some point you'll be able to use bait then it lists all the potential things in your inventory you can use. If you choose snapdragons, it will use up all your snapdragons over time. When you run out of them, it will tell you, and you'll continue to fish without bait unless you stop fishing, click again and choose a new bait.

Thank you for answering! it's nice when someone answers and I don't have to go find a guide on another site. So thank you!
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    I've only planted the basic flowers you can buy from the computer as of yet, but they don't even look like pretty flowers? They just look like weeds? I'd get flowers if you could plant them to make your garden pretty but..

Thank goodness it's not just me who thinks they look like weeds. I don't see the flowers, just mostly bush.

• Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member

Awesome tips! Thanks B)
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    I am hoping in a expansion, we will be able to put them in vases, open up a flower shop, and give them to other people. ;)
  • Options
    MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    If you graft a snapdragon with a strawberry you get dragonfruit, which are quite valuable when they're of high quality. ;):D
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited October 2014

I am not a fisherman, but that just seems weird.
    Insects, smaller fish, yes, but plants? :)

Are the plants fashioned to look like insects? I can see that.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

I am not a fisherman, but that just seems weird.
    Insects, smaller fish, yes, but plants? :)

Are the plants fashioned to look like insects? I can see that.

I've caught fish with corn before.