Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Store?

Hey, guys! Just wondering if EA is going to have a Sims 4 store like Sims 3... I haven't heard of anything, wondering if it will happen once the "excitement" wears down? Got some points on Sims 3, and hoping they will be transferred to the Sims 4 site (if it happens).

Thanks, Red

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    SimPoints will not be transferable.

It is unknown if there is gong to be a store or a premium service. If there was, then I would imagine that the Gallery would say something.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Don't want a store, and doubt points would be transferable if there were one. There's no money in that.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    As Colton Said .
    I am guessing, but can only guess, for now, that most DLC will be sold through Origin.
    (like they did, selling the $15 pack, for those that didn't have the "exclusive" items from Sims 4 LE, DD, or Premium)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Most likely in January due to patches giving us free content in November and December. No patches were announced for January so.
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    No store please. Give us what we want by free patches and EP's
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    No overpriced store.
  • Options
    jonilla1 wrote: »

Problem is thier not going to release patches continuely. I'd rather get free content but if I can't I'll pay a yearly premium to get store content thru Origin.

• Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited October 2014

Problem is thier not going to release patches continuely. I'd rather get free content but if I can't I'll pay a yearly premium to get store content thru Origin.
    Well, if a The Sims 4 store comes (and surely will), i will pay for the premium too, but if we get everything through free patches or (not free) EP's i wouldn't mind, it would be more friendly for my purse :)
    Well, we ARE talking about EA so, yeah...
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    What I'm wondering is why hasn't any new hairstyles with the exception of the princes leia hair hasn't been in a patch yet. Also why hasn't EA announced we'll be getting Halloween and Christmas Decor in these patches. I don't won't to download custom content but I will download a christmas tree if I can't get one in a patch or thru the store. I did in TS3 till the store released their tree.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    I don't want a sim store unless it only sells new worlds and hair. The sims store specializes in selling objects that should already be in EPs.
  • Options
    Wpardue77Wpardue77 Posts: 129 Member
    Catlover.. How in the world did you accumulate 52,218 posts?? You post more than anyone I've ever seen
  • Options
    Wpardue77 wrote: »
    Catlover.. How in the world did you accumulate 52,218 posts?? You post more than anyone I've ever seen

Because I've been making post since the sims 3 forums. I love the sims and am passionate about it and I love talking about it. Even when I'm at work I check in on my phone and sometimes post during breaks and lunches. These forums are my second home. :p

• Options
    Wpardue77Wpardue77 Posts: 129 Member
    Wpardue77 wrote: »

Because I've been making post since the sims 3 forums. I love the sims and am passionate about it and I love talking about it. Even when I'm at work I check in on my phone and sometimes post during breaks and lunches. These forums are my second home. :p
    I wish there was a way to play online with one another snd everyone have their own towns that each person could visit and stuff.. Kind of like Simcity
  • Options
    Well originally the release date was the 10th of October for the premium subscription. Well today is the 10th so we'll see if they announce it later today but I think it got delayed till January.
  • Options
    runesongrunesong Posts: 85 Member
    I know. I keep checking back, 4 or 5 times a day. The lack of information is causing me a ton of stress!
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    runesong wrote: »
    I know. I keep checking back, 4 or 5 times a day. The lack of information is causing me a ton of stress!
    iStock_000024896959Large-web-larger.jpg
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member

This thread
    SadPanda.png
  • Options
    MariposahMariposah Posts: 249 Member
    @colton147 wrote: »

Is this based on past experience or has it been confirmed somewhere?

TS4-Signature.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiraehd
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Mariposah wrote: »
    @colton147 wrote: »

Is this based on past experience or has it been confirmed somewhere?
    Confirmed. It's in the FAQ.
    http://www.thesims.com/faq#will-i-be-able-to-use-simpoints
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I know the points aren't transferable , just sitting around waiting for the store to open up.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member

Yes I agree with this. Half the DLC was broken half of the time. EPs or SPs only.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    MariposahMariposah Posts: 249 Member
    Thanks. I think it's been quite awhile since I read the FAQ and there's more to it now.
    TS4-Signature.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiraehd
  • Options
    vampiricdreams31vampiricdreams31 Posts: 219 Member
    I much rather have a membership. Simpoints were pointless. If you wanted a collection from a set I would basically need to fork out $80.00USD- it was a rip off. Now if they would offer a Premium Membership for $100.00-$150.00 a year where we got hairstyles, clothing, room sets, themed sets, new worlds, etc. it would definitely be worth the price. I could afford $100-$150 a year membership, rather than fork out hundreds of dollars for a small fraction of items.
  • Options
    grod4Lgrod4L Posts: 129 Member
    I think a membership is a much more affordable option if you're a hardcore fan, as greedy as it sounds. But I probably would pay for it. It'd be nice to make one payment and not have to worry about it for the rest of the year