Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone else having crash issues?

Am i the only one? I'm sure i'm not but every time I try to save the game crashes has anyone found a fix for this?

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Post your computer specs. :)
  • Options
    Missmi3kaMissmi3ka Posts: 99 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    Post your computer specs. :)

I dont know how but this is my first time i'm having this issue i've had the game since it came out and has been recently crashing since the last update.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    Have you been playing the same save file? Mine starts acting strange around week 25, I just remember to save often and know that I probably won't make it to week 30 before having to move my Sim to a new save file.

Did you change or add anything recently?

CC?

Mods?
  • Options
    ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    People have had problems with save files getting corrupted so they won't load. Not sure about crashing while trying to save--did you try saving it under a new name?
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    Have you been playing the same save file? Mine starts acting strange around week 25, I just remember to save often and know that I probably won't make it to week 30 before having to move my Sim to a new save file.

Did you change or add anything recently?

CC?

Mods?

I had mods on there but i took them off because i thought that's what was making it crash but it still crashes. How would i move them to a new save file just change the name when using save as?

• Options
    People have had problems with save files getting corrupted so they won't load. Not sure about crashing while trying to save--did you try saving it under a new name?

Not yet but im going to try it now and see what happens
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Sims 4 crashes a lot for me. Sims 3 never did (for me) and both games are running on the same computer. I firmly believe it is a problem with the game, not with my computer (and probably not with Missmi3ka's either). My Sims 4 crashes at least once per play session and has since I first installed it. For me, Sims 4 a crash-y mess.

I've learned (the hard way) to save every time my Sims sleep and every time I do any major reconstructions or purchases in Build/Buy mode.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    A few of us are having exactly the same issue (crash on save), please move to the technical section, we're all trying to pinpoint the cause and solve the problem:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions

Loki, no it's not mods or cc. Checked.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    A few of us are having exactly the same issue (crash on save), please move to the technical section, we're all trying to pinpoint the cause and solve the problem:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions

Loki, no it's not mods or cc. Checked.

Gotcha, the OP gave very little initial information. So was just trying to figure out the history of it all.

*shrugs*
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Your question was good really, I just wanted to say it's definetly not the cause.
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    im having an issue. I however did manage to play an hour today with no crashing.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    Your question was good really, I just wanted to say it's definetly not the cause.

Thanks.

I was kind of leading up to what happens in my game. If I play for longer than 25 Sim weeks? I start getting odd little freezes and then the Sim will leap forward to where she should have been. The crashing starts after that. I pretty much never make it to 30 weeks without having to start over (it's why I know so well how to cheat everything back that my Sim lost by having to start over).

I think it has something to do (in my case) with my love of collecting and how I have these massive family inventories to try and keep the money down. I just buy expensive stuff and keep it in the inventory because I don't like seeing hundreds of thousands of dollars accumulating and doing nothing. My file gets too big and bloated and crash!

You can add that to your trouble shooting notes, it's the only time I ever have any sort of game issues.

It's why I asked her how old her save file was, I was wondering if she'd been playing the same one since day one.
  • Options
    jeanmichael01jeanmichael01 Posts: 62 Member
    Just try to make a new save file every 1 sim-week and you should be fine. I had the same problem back then. And maybe you have low memory, I have 2G Ram only.
    mirai.gif
    "If you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be... A tragedy."
  • Options
    Just try to make a new save file every 1 sim-week and you should be fine. I had the same problem back then. And maybe you have low memory, I have 2G Ram only.

I have an 8 gb ram. the new save file seems to be working but not to sure yet

• Options

Thanks.

I was kind of leading up to what happens in my game. If I play for longer than 25 Sim weeks? I start getting odd little freezes and then the Sim will leap forward to where she should have been. The crashing starts after that. I pretty much never make it to 30 weeks without having to start over (it's why I know so well how to cheat everything back that my Sim lost by having to start over).

I think it has something to do (in my case) with my love of collecting and how I have these massive family inventories to try and keep the money down. I just buy expensive stuff and keep it in the inventory because I don't like seeing hundreds of thousands of dollars accumulating and doing nothing. My file gets too big and bloated and crash!

You can add that to your trouble shooting notes, it's the only time I ever have any sort of game issues.

It's why I asked her how old her save file was, I was wondering if she'd been playing the same one since day one.

lol I noticed when doing the curator aspiration my game would constantly lag but I have 3 different families i've played since the game came out i have no idea how many sim weeks i've been playing though how do you check that?
  • Options
    Missmi3ka wrote: »

Thanks.

lol I noticed when doing the curator aspiration my game would constantly lag but I have 3 different families i've played since the game came out i have no idea how many sim weeks i've been playing though how do you check that?

LOL!

I have no idea....*blushing*....I only know because I've been obsessively tracking the over zealous random townie spawning. So, every week when I have to pay the bills? I write down the week number, the total population, and what Sims were spawned or deleted by the game that week. It's how I know how many Sim weeks I've been playing that save file.

I'm sure there is a way to know but I don't know it.

Do you play with Origin online?
    Do you have a ton of stuff in the inventory?

Maybe try taking Origin offline (if it isn't already) and emptying out the inventory. Once the collection is complete, you can sell everything. It still credits.

If you've been playing the same file since the game came out? You probably are at the 30 week or more mark. I tend to do these marathon sessions. I did the 30 weeks in 1 real life week but then I won't even open the game next week, lol, or something.
  • Options

Thanks.

LOL!

I have no idea....*blushing*....I only know because I've been obsessively tracking the over zealous random townie spawning. So, every week when I have to pay the bills? I write down the week number, the total population, and what Sims were spawned or deleted by the game that week. It's how I know how many Sim weeks I've been playing that save file.

I'm sure there is a way to know but I don't know it.

Do you play with Origin online?
    Do you have a ton of stuff in the inventory?

Maybe try taking Origin offline (if it isn't already) and emptying out the inventory. Once the collection is complete, you can sell everything. It still credits.

If you've been playing the same file since the game came out? You probably are at the 30 week or more mark. I tend to do these marathon sessions. I did the 30 weeks in 1 real life week but then I won't even open the game next week, lol, or something.

Cthu I normally get rid of all that stuff in my inventory, because I noticed the lag when I open the inventory with a lot of stuff in there. Learned my lesson while gardening one day trying to fertilize lol it froze on me. So i figured it was the inventory and sometimes its online sometimes its not mostly offline, only online when i check my downloads from the gallery.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited October 2014
    sorry to hear @Missmi3ka and i agree this is better asked in tech, but see if the crash check list is helpful
    also http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-troubleshoot-crashing-and-freezing-issues/

if not can you post computer specs, to post hit windows key + R. enter dxdiag and select ok to run report. then select "Save all information" and a notepad doc will open. copy/paste the whole long report here. If you have win 8/8.1 you may need to copy/paste the report into two threads, thanks!

as for crashing as in any demanding game there are myriad of reasons as to why many are crashing. or to state it in another way, a computer has only a few ways to express many different problems thus its best to just work though all options until you determine your individual issue.
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    sorry to hear @Missmi3ka and i agree this is better asked in tech, but see if the crash check list is helpful
    also http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-troubleshoot-crashing-and-freezing-issues/

if not can you post computer specs, to post hit windows key + R. enter dxdiag and select ok to run report. then select "Save all information" and a notepad doc will open. copy/paste the whole long report here. If you have win 8/8.1 you may need to copy/paste the report into two threads, thanks!

as for crashing as in any demanding game there are myriad of reasons as to why many are crashing. or to state it in another way, a computer has only a few ways to express many different problems thus its best to just work though all options until you determine your individual issue.

Im on a mac playing on an installed windows OS. So the commands are not working correctly. All I know is that i have 186 GB 28.1 free and a 8gb ram and i believe this windows version is an Ios 7

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

Im on a mac playing on an installed windows OS. So the commands are not working correctly. All I know is that i have 186 GB 28.1 free and a 8gb ram and i believe this windows version is an Ios 7

ah i missed the mac info :) do you know about the mac help thread http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/777472/playing-ts4-on-a-mac-boot-camp-vm-help#latest, op Bluebellflora is an mac expert, good luck
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    Any chance the latest patch could be the issue? It did break some things.
  • Options
    Any chance the latest patch could be the issue? It did break some things.

That is when the issue occurred, I believe that is the issue was just trying to see if anyone else had a solution.
  • Options

ah i missed the mac info :) do you know about the mac help thread http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/777472/playing-ts4-on-a-mac-boot-camp-vm-help#latest, op Bluebellflora is an mac expert, good luck

Thanks.