Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Change of Heart & Back in Business!

14567810...Next

Comments

• Options
    StopRewindStopRewind Posts: 7 New Member
    > @oXseashellXo said:
    > It's absolutely unfortunate that this happened to you. I was under the impression that the new 'Created By' and 'Edited By' information attached to items was supposed to stop this from happening. Based on your experience it seems like that doesn't work. I'm just curious as to how exactly they got around that and had your stuff removed instead of theirs.

It seems that the system can handle only one sim. If you create a household with two sims, and the first sim (on the left) is yours the whole household will be 'created by' you even if the second sim (on the right) is not your creation. A downloaded version of this household can be separated into the two sims again and they will now both show as your creations.
  • Options
    Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    StopRewind wrote: »
    It seems that the system can handle only one sim. If you create a household with two sims, and the first sim (on the left) is yours the whole household will be 'created by' you even if the second sim (on the right) is not your creation. A downloaded version of this household can be separated into the two sims again and they will now both show as your creations.

You are correct. This is pretty much how players can take things and make them their own, which completely removes the original creator.

• Options
    oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    It's really rather - and regrettably - simple. All you need to do is flag a creation and it is taken out of the gallery "for review," no questions asked.

Btw, once again, I must give thanks to everyone posting a reply here. It's greatly appreciated. However, enough about this. Get! Go! Have fun with the demo and get ready for the launch! :smile:

It's really unfortunate that someone would do this to you and abuse this new system even before the full game is released :(

Like I said, it said modified and yet they still claimed it was theirs, harassed him in comments, and flagged him. From what I've seen, a single flag can remove the items from public view in the gallery for what I am assuming is a review period.

That's pretty blatant! Also, I would think that if they do pull an item 'for review' that they should also review the person that reported it. Specifically for cases like this.
    StopRewind wrote: »
    <br />

I was under the impression that it worked the opposite way. If you added a sim created be someone else to your family then the entire family would appear as the other person's creation edited by you. Here is the thread where I got that information. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/769802/a-sim-i-made-is-being-credited-to-someone-else/p1
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    -SNIP THE THINGS-
    I was under the impression that it worked the opposite way. If you added a sim created be someone else to your family then the entire family would appear as the other person's creation edited by you. Here is the thread where I got that information. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/769802/a-sim-i-made-is-being-credited-to-someone-else/p1

This is what happened in experiences as well.

• Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    Yeah, the credit system is fubar. But that was to be expected.
    Sadly, the creditsystem only underscores who created the Sim and doesn't signal ownership. Anything that's made with the Sims, or for the Sims, automatically becomes the property of EA. You consent to this when you agree with the EULA. (It was the foundation for the MATY struggle against paysites back then.)
    So EA won't take action to people who steal your content.

The problem we have now is that the tools empower the meek. That's the same problem plagueing the forums. It's a shame and it really lessens any chance to have a worthwhile TS4 community. Both in creativity and in interpersonal communication. If you let a monkey pilot a plane, it'll fall out of the sky.
  • Options
    Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    edited August 2014
    After much consideration, I have elected to put my creations back up!

I know, I know, I'm just asking for trouble. But in the end, I decided that the drama of reloads can be mostly ignored. Let them take our creations! We know who the true creative forces are! *shakesfistinair* Besides, I added a new hashtag, which, so far, seems to be working.

#gcwcd and #givecreditwhencreditisdue are now going to be on all of my uploads. Most peeps who steal can't seem to be bothered to remove the tags. So, in the end, everything comes back to the original version, even if they do the sneaky workaround and remove me as the creator.

Anywho, that is all for now. I'll probably start working on the remaining list of requests sometime tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Rostri

PS: I'm pondering placing a thread in the Creative Corner part of the forum to keep track of everything that has been uploaded. So keep an eye out for that!
  • Options
    netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    After much consideration, I have elected to put my creations back up!

I know, I know, I'm just asking for trouble. But in the end, I decided that the drama of reloads can be mostly ignored. Let them take our creations! We know who the true creative forces are! *shakesfistinair* Besides, I added a new hashtag, which, so far, seems to be working.

#gcwcd and #givecreditwhencreditisdue are now going to be on all of my uploads. Most peeps who steal can't seem to be bothered to remove the tags. So, in the end, everything comes back to the original version, even if they do the sneaky workaround and remove me as the creator.

Anywho, that is all for now. I'll probably start working on the remaining list of requests sometime tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Rostri

PS: I'm pondering placing a thread in the Creative Corner part of the forum to keep track of everything that has been uploaded. So keep an eye out for that!

Well Rostri, I know from the other thread that you do excellent work, so am glad to see you are back in business. Just know that your work is very much appreciated.
    "UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".
  • Options
    slade520slade520 Posts: 44 Member
    If you use his stuff, put #rostijodu, with #gcwd and check the tag