Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kids with Zest?

Anyone has pictures of Zest's kids? I picked him for my main Sim, but the combination of long lifespan and pausing gameplay because of the neanderthal (big chin small eyes) bug I have not seen any... results yet.

Very curious.
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• Options
    haveagreendaysdhaveagreendaysd Posts: 223 Member
    edited October 2014
    Funny you should ask. He was the husband to my first female sim in the game. :D

I only had two children with him (my household was running out of room LOL), but one ended up looking more like him, and the other more like their mother, yet they both got his hair. :p :

bzb1dre.jpg

The boy with the brown hair isn't Zest's son, that's his nephew. But yeah, you can see the girl got his hair and eyes, as well as his skintone, and the boy got more of his facial features, albeit a bit more 'sculpted' than Zest's face, you could say. This pic was from when he was a teen, same with the girl. When he aged up he suffered a little bit from the 'big-chin-small-eyes' bug, but I fixed that myself, so he's pretty much back to what he looks like in the photo. :)
    Feel like friending me in the TS4 gallery? Search for "StephyDee" and look for the random goof who talks about machinima and plum knows what else. ;)

If this worked, you'd be seeing an awesome siggy I made down there *points down*. *sigh* C'est la vie...
    VKGV8Ww.jpg
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    After this bug is fixed, I will start the breeding programme ;)
    Basically I am gunning for a daugher; if I am lucky it will happen quickly, otherwise I will have to go in and cheat somehow to delete the sons, if neccesary. I only have room for 2 kids in my house, and I don't want more.
  • Options
    Basically I am gunning for a daugher; if I am lucky it will happen quickly, otherwise I will have to go in and cheat somehow to delete the sons, if neccesary. I only have room for 2 kids in my house, and I don't want more.

Yeah, hopefully the game will show mercy and let you have a daughter right away. Perhaps your game should have a talk with my game, because lately any newborns tend to be girls. My game happens to cycle in waves, so I'll have a wave of girls being born, then after that round it'll be all boys, and so on. Not very convenient when I need a specific gender, but I learn to live with it.

Is it possible, if you don't get a daughter and have to cheat, you can just change the gender when they grow into a child? IDK if they'll look alright in female form, not to mention changing them up too much would take the spontaneity out of it, but that's an option. :)
    Feel like friending me in the TS4 gallery? Search for "StephyDee" and look for the random goof who talks about machinima and plum knows what else. ;)

If this worked, you'd be seeing an awesome siggy I made down there *points down*. *sigh* C'est la vie...
    VKGV8Ww.jpg
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member

I only had two children with him (my household was running out of room LOL), but one ended up looking more like him, and the other more like their mother, yet they both got his hair. :p :

bzb1dre.jpg

The boy with the brown hair isn't Zest's son, that's his nephew. But yeah, you can see the girl got his hair and eyes, as well as his skintone, and the boy got more of his facial features, albeit a bit more 'sculpted' than Zest's face, you could say. This pic was from when he was a teen, same with the girl. When he aged up he suffered a little bit from the 'big-chin-small-eyes' bug, but I fixed that myself, so he's pretty much back to what he looks like in the photo. :)

I love how they turned out and I can't wait to hear the GOOD NEWS when the genetics bug is fixed B)

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    When I first read the title, I thought maybe there was a new emotion: Zest. Then I remembered that backwards-named guy in Oasis Springs. No, he's still a singular single in my town. (heh heh, Neanderthal bug...) :p
  • Options

Yeah, hopefully the game will show mercy and let you have a daughter right away. Perhaps your game should have a talk with my game, because lately any newborns tend to be girls. My game happens to cycle in waves, so I'll have a wave of girls being born, then after that round it'll be all boys, and so on. Not very convenient when I need a specific gender, but I learn to live with it.

Is it possible, if you don't get a daughter and have to cheat, you can just change the gender when they grow into a child? IDK if they'll look alright in female form, not to mention changing them up too much would take the spontaneity out of it, but that's an option. :)

In my limited experience boys turned girls look... weird when aged up. Not like the present bug, but noticeable.
    Maybe that was what they tried to fix? They said something about changing how the changing of gender changed faces, and it caused the present bug...
  • Options
    In my limited experience boys turned girls look... weird when aged up. Not like the present bug, but noticeable.
    Maybe that was what they tried to fix? They said something about changing how the changing of gender changed faces, and it caused the present bug...

Perhaps it was, we won't know for sure, but I get what you mean about girls not looking right when switched from boys. From what I've done most of the time, they tend to randomly get super puffy lips. weird shaped eyes and some sort of hat. Almost every time. IDEK why, the game just thinks that boy-turned-girl wants to rock some Jolie-lips and get some shade. :pB)

VKGV8Ww.jpg
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    She was cute and looked like him.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited October 2014
    Anyone has pictures of Zest's kids? I picked him for my main Sim, but the combination of long lifespan and pausing gameplay because of the neanderthal (big chin small eyes) bug I have not seen any... results yet.

Very curious.

Whats your Origin handle and Sim you're using ? I'll download them and randomize a few kids
  • Options
    The Sim I am using is not uploaded, unfortunately.
  • Options
    The Sim I am using is not uploaded, unfortunately.

Aww oh well . Supose i can randomize a few kids with sims i have . I'll stick to girls since you're wanting a daughter . I'll be back to post results .
  • Options
    edited October 2014

bzb1dre.jpg

For comparison sake, I'll add pics of "Zest Johnny" (His backwards name grew on me lol) and the mother of those two kids, Evelyn.

09_16_14_5_38_PM_5.png
    09_15_14_4_40_AM.png

VKGV8Ww.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Ok im going to use a few posts for this and hope they dont get the whole " needs aproval " thing so bare with me . I took 4 of my sims and randomized 2 daughters with each of them and here are the results . Oh and they are YAs

ZestVangh2.png

ZestVangh1.png
  • Options
    ZestMia2.png

ZestMia1.png
  • Options
    ZestConnie2.png

ZestConnie1.png
  • Options
    Last set

Zest2Isabella.png

Zest1Isabella.png

Let me know if you want me randomize more with any of them
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Some of thesr offsprings... Look.... Off...
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    They're squeezed. Also this IS with the face bug in place. And it does ...something... to females as well.
    However, THANKS :) Looks good to me!
  • Options
    Yes i will admit my cropping skills suck harder than a black hole but still .
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    I had him get married to a townie in my game and their only girl is a child, but I just wanted to share. :#

iwln38.png
  • Options
    JoenielJoeniel Posts: 727 Member
    When I first played with him found that he has a romance with BELLA GOTH!! :# Bella and her secret cheating...pretty awesome.
    gatitos_zps08y2lsrh.gif
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Columbine Fletcher, Johnny´s daughter with Elayna Fletcher by Haylee:
    tumblr_ncdf1ulAxJ1t1fm14o1_1280.png

I like that long, narrow skulls Johnny gave his descendants in the pics in this thread (major alien fancier here). It does make one wonder if there´s a bit of otherworldy heritage in him.
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    Yeah. He and my sim had one child together- a daughter. I think she came out lovely. She looks more like her grandmother more than anyone, though.

10-10-14_3-54nbspPM_zps10c5e3ae.png
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif