Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Signature Pics (Why won't mine work?)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    r0pnok.jpg
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    Kal_T0rakKal_T0rak Posts: 172 Member
    Did you try another hosting site like photobucket instead of tinypic? I can't use tinypic myself, I don't see them at all. I tried photobucket and it worked fine for me, but then I removed the picture because it wasn't really something I wanted as a signature.

I have tried Photobucket, TinyPic and Imgur but I got the same results and I even tried different pics with different extensions. It's still not working
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    I don't really think its the image hosting website's fault. I definitely think its the forum. I can post his pic just fine.

The first time I tried posting pics here was with photobucket (I still use it even now) and when I received my Member status, but like I said it was just displayed in text. I posted it on another forum on that same day, and it worked just fine.

The second time I tried posting pics here was a few days after my Member status, which seemed to work afterwards.

@Kal_T0rak - Did you just receive member status today?

I got my member status either 2 or 3 days ago, I can't remember which.
    To be gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely, all you have to do is to believe that one is gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    That signature is too big anyways.
    Agreed!

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options

Yea I noticed that too. I plan on resizing it when it actually works ;)
    To be gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely, all you have to do is to believe that one is gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited October 2014
    Try copy pasta the link under "Direct link for layouts" with lower case letters for "img"

Don't use the "attach image/file" icon yet

hold on try this link: http://oi57.tinypic.com/r0pnok.jpg
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Didn't read the whole thread so I won't know if someone asked you yet.
    When you go to the signature setting, is the BBCode line written under it like in the comments?
    You can use BBCode in your post.
    I think post is replaced with signature
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Kal_T0rak wrote: »

I looked at your profile and it shows your Role: General. Are you in the US?

ETA: You don't have signatures blocked in the settings do you? Had to ask. ;)
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Jimil wrote: »
    Try copy pasta the link under "Direct link for layouts" with lower case letters for "img"

Don't use the "attach image/file" icon yet

hold on try this link: http://oi57.tinypic.com/r0pnok.jpg

Tried it, did not work.
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Didn't read the whole thread so I won't know if someone asked you yet.
    When you go to the signature setting, is the BBCode line written under it like in the comments?
    You can use BBCode in your post.
    I think post is replaced with signature

It is not there but text signatures work just fine. Aren't the two mutually exclusive?
    blunote00 wrote: »

Yes I am in the US. Everything is unchecked in the settings
  • Options

Yes I am in the US. Everything is unchecked in the settings
    Okay. Needed an answer before I send it up the line.
    Just in time too because I'm heading out the door to work.

• Options
    haveagreendaysdhaveagreendaysd Posts: 223 Member
    I've had this problem too. I can post pics on here just fine (the BBCode msg is under this text box as I type right now), but NOT when I'm editing my signature. I've been in "Member" status for quite a while now, since about the time the new forums started up, and I've logged out and then back in again, all to no avail.

If there's anything someone can suggest, please enlighten me. I worked on my siggy pic for a couple of hours just for this forum, so not being able to use it irks me. :s:p
    Feel like friending me in the TS4 gallery? Search for "StephyDee" and look for the random goof who talks about machinima and plum knows what else. ;)

If this worked, you'd be seeing an awesome siggy I made down there *points down*. *sigh* C'est la vie...
    VKGV8Ww.jpg
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    VKGV8Ww.jpg

@haveagreendaysd - your image works fine when I post it. Looks great too! :) I hope the problem will be solved soon.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited October 2014
    @Kal_T0rak

There is your problem, the signatures are kind of faulty and not everyone is getting that even if they are members. There is also no known fix and without it there no possible why of adding an image as your signature. if you click the second link in my signature there is a something about the signatures being worked on, in the first post.

Sorry :)
    Post edited by 06Bon06 on
  • Options
    @Kal_T0rak I have confirmation your issue is being looked into.
  • Options
    @Kal_T0rak

There is your problem, the signatures are kind of faulty and not everyone is getting that even if they are members. There is also no known fix and without it there no possible why of adding an image as your signature. if you click the second link in my signature there is a something about the signatures being worked on, in the first post.

I'm just glad to know it's not me failing to figure it out lol.

Ok, thank you for the assistance. Also, thank you to everyone else who tried to help! :D I'm not an impatient person so I'll just wait until things get ironed out and use a text signature in the meantime.
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @Kal_T0rak - If you want to have a signature in your posts, you FIRST must click on the little gear to the *right* of your name at the top of the forum. Select "Preferences". IF ... and only if ... you see Signature Settings on the left side when you're in preferences, click on that. You *should* see a sort of text box where you can put the IMG code in. Try this. I'm not saying it will work, but it should work. (if that made sense)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    cooli02000 wrote: »

Tried that, also did not work
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    @Kal_T0rak - If you want to have a signature in your posts, you FIRST must click on the little gear to the *right* of your name at the top of the forum. Select "Preferences". IF ... and only if ... you see Signature Settings on the left side when you're in preferences, click on that. You *should* see a sort of text box where you can put the IMG code in. Try this. I'm not saying it will work, but it should work. (if that made sense)

I do have the ability to use signatures (I have a text one right now). It's just image signatures that are not working for me.

• Options
    cooli02000 wrote: »

Tried that, also did not work
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »

I do have the ability to use signatures (I have a text one right now). It's just image signatures that are not working for me.

Then don't use the signatures for images.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @Kal_T0rak

I'm just glad to know it's not me failing to figure it out lol.

Ok, thank you for the assistance. Also, thank you to everyone else who tried to help! :D I'm not an impatient person so I'll just wait until things get ironed out and use a text signature in the meantime.
    I left the quote for @06Bon06 because she is correct.

Here is the response I received...
    Regarding signatures not displaying embedded content for some players like the one you mentioned, this is because BB code has been completely disabled. Those players will be limited to using plain text-only signatures with no hyperlinking or formatting. As for why that is happening, I cannot say.

This is not something I can report over on Answer HQ as it has to do with the website and needs to go to the web team. I will post a comment on @SimGuruRusskii wall to direct her to this thread. She has been great about passing along these kind of issues to her old team since moving over to the Sims 4 team. :)

Sorry I couldn't find a solution for you and the others having the problem. :(
  • Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    Forwarding. Thank you =)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2014
    Hi :)

How strange...The picture worked in mine. :(

I just put it in the picture tab and it went. [img*][/img*]

**I'm not keeping it- I just wanted to see if it would work. **