Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Sims 4 expansion pack would you create frist ?

If EA approach you today? And let you create the very first Sims 4 expansion pack. What Sims 4 expansion would you choice? And, what would some of its key features be?

You can either list a pre-existing expansion from another Sims game or come up, with one all your own. However, try to keep the idea for your dream expansion with a teen base rating in mind.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    Probebly Seasons or a Vacation EP with Carnivals added. ;)
  • Options
    Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    Generations.
  • Options
    I think the Generations stuff could be added into Seasons. Seasons is not just a weather ep but also one on families.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I think the Generations stuff could be added into Seasons. Seasons is not just a weather ep but also one on families.

Seasons focus is Seasons, Generations focus is Families.

You cannot combine the two.
    1: because adding Seasons to the Game adds a plum-tonne of content, and requires a lot of space on the disk.
    2. because Generations is pretty much THE EP for family players, and if they don't get that 'missing feature' soon, we're going to have the pre-launch war all-over again. That, and Generations adds a lot of interactions between familial Sims that is usually lacking in the Base Game.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Lindsay Lohan: Living Lohan Expansion Pack
    480031_428144377280200_616372721_n.jpg?oh=cbf6cb72fbd9addf1db99e6edbae65b1&oe=54BDF3FE&__gda__=1421408287_eaf200ffb589a8557d951bf969ca6d56

• Options
    Seasons in TS3 added a lot of family interactions such as skating,water fights,making snowmen together,snowball fights and other stuff but if they want to release a generations ep I"m all for that as well. I hope it brings back the prom if they do.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Seasons focus was Seasonal, they could have done all/most of that on their own or with Townies.
    I just hope they do Generations first, because I remember how Bland the Sims3 Base Game was pre-Generations, and am curious to see what it would do to the far less bland Sims4 Base Game.

Honestly? I didn't even bother with Sim3 Seasons; too many problems with Sims2 Seasons & using the hot tub.
    Who knows? Maybe I'll give it a shot again when it comes out for Sims4.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Definitely Seasons but for me it doesn't really matter which is created first. As long as it isn't something crazy like World Adventures.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    AshcarrAshcarr Posts: 383 Member
    The equivalent of Hot Date/Nightlife/Late Night. Those expansions always give me the most options for how I want to play. Naturally I'd love to see it "frist". ;)
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Open for Business, which defines what an expansion pack should be. Firstly, it adds a whole another type of gameplay. Secondly, I want careers that involves interaction and teamwork with the group. Though this kind of an expansion could be too much that it is another game itself.
  • Options
    Ashcarr wrote: »
    The equivalent of Hot Date/Nightlife/Late Night. Those expansions always give me the most options for how I want to play. Naturally I'd love to see it "frist". ;)

Yes Yes Yes. The romance in this game is very limited and watered down compared to TS1 and TS2.
  • Options
    AshcarrAshcarr Posts: 383 Member
    edited October 2014
    Jimil wrote: »
    Open for Business, which defines what an expansion pack should be. Firstly, it adds a whole another type of gameplay. Secondly, I want careers that involves interaction and teamwork with the group. Though this kind of an expansion could be too much that it is another game itself.

It's expansions like these that I absolutely don't like. When an expansion alters the gameplay to a point where you're not really playing the game it's intended to expand I wouldn't consider it an expansion. Which is why I disliked World Adventures, Ambitions, and Into the Future so much. They felt like tacky minigames more than expansions.
  • Options
    Which is why I disliked World Adventures and Ambitions so much. They felt like tacky minigames more than expansions.

I'll admit that I never used the Ghost Hunter or Investigator Professions. But all the other Professions that Ambitions introduced/unlocked felt perfectly at home in a TheSims Game, to me. Even if Firefighter did work best in a single-Sim household.

And as for World Adventures, yeah after the first few weeks I stopped seeing the point of staying in the Vacation Towns.
    Mostly went to 'China' for martial arts supplies, and 'France' for the Juice-Making supplies, both of which still felt TheSims to me.
    But I maybe only ever spent 5 minutes in 'Egypt' and never got Into the Sims-photography skill.
  • Options

It's expansions like these that I absolutely don't like. When an expansion alters the gameplay to a point where you're not really playing the game it's intended to expand I wouldn't consider it an expansion. Which is why I disliked World Adventures, Ambitions, and Into the Future so much. They felt like tacky minigames more than expansions.

I never liked World Adventures as much and honestly, I felt the same way about it. But I truly truly loved playing Open for Business in TS2. It's been a long time but I forgot how my sims' needs go when I was playing it. Ambitions, well, I haven't gotten around it that much. I can't say anything about it.

Just like what I've heard about Red Dead Redemption's DLC called Undead Nightmare. A lot of them has been saying that it could be another game itself since 1.) It has a totally different story 2.) It's almost as big as the original game. So I thought, why not? It could work for Sims 4 but the thought of losing some of its features prior to its release sounds very unlikely for this expansion to happen.

The expansion packs that I disliked are those that could have been with the base game. I've seen a lot of people who felt the same way about TS3. But it also seems like we got no choice for this new installment. No matter how ridiculous the expansion packs would be or how many of those are free, it felt like a must-get now.

• Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member

Wondered who would notice it "frist."

It cracks me up that Sims3 came out without things for anyone but an adult to do. Generations had to be made to pacify the outcry. Then here they do it again in Sim4.
  • Options
    Bluedragon714Bluedragon714 Posts: 47 Member
    Personally, I would like Generations. With the Key features being:

1. Two new life stage: Toddler & Pre-teen

2.Parents have new inter action with children. Like: Embarrassing moment ,encouragement. And do as your told

3.Two to Three new traits

4.Children & teens may hang out and help each other with their homework together.

5.Now Children are more playful. With the ability to play tag , cops and robbers, and hero ,house, and tea party.

6.Play date party

I would also like to see a Love Life expansion. Which would be like Night Life. But, with new inter action for teen as well as Adults. But, Generations would be my first choice.
  • Options
    jeanmichael01jeanmichael01 Posts: 62 Member
    Something like late night would be the best choice. But no vampires please! :D
    mirai.gif
    "If you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be... A tragedy."
  • Options
    In generations my favorite interaction was when parents taught their child to drive. Hopefully if we get cars they can put that back in.
  • Options
    skittlejgskittlejg Posts: 155 Member
    Seasons
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    The Supercalifagalisticexpialidocius EP It would include EVERYTHING . Pets and weather done properly , Dozens of new lot types and new worlds of every shape and size , as bunch of new supernaturals and an orchestra worth of instruments , more family stuff . You know just all around SUPERCALAFRAGALISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    The Supercalifagalisticexpialidocius EP It would include EVERYTHING . Pets and weather done properly , Dozens of new lot types and new worlds of every shape and size , as bunch of new supernaturals and an orchestra worth of instruments , more family stuff . You know just all around SUPERCALAFRAGALISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS

It will take more than a spoon full of sugar to get THAT EP. How would certain people make money on us after that? :D
  • Options

And by the time they released it, it's now called The Sims 5 B)
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member

And by the time they released it, it's now called The Sims 5 B)

And it would still be twice as buggy...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    have2admit wrote: »

It will take more than a spoon full of sugar to get THAT EP. How would certain people make money on us after that? :D

forget the cost to us (if you can) but in order to cover that many areas at any quality, in a single EP, they'd only be able to include one feature from each.
    Maybe not even complete features.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    have2admit wrote: »

They'd just have to swallow their medicine .