Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Woohoo in selected bed issue

I'm having an issue with the woohoo action with my married sims. I click on the bed, they chat, but then they go to his sister's bed to do it! Why won't they woohoo in their own bed that I clicked on? If the sister is in the bed they're going to, she will get out of bed so they can go in it. I've tried resetting the sims, deleting and replacing the bed and restarting the game, all of those separately and in combinations. I don't know what else to try and I really don't think I should have to reinstall the game to get it working right - that's ridiculous!
Sidenote: The automatic bed ownership is something I really liked in the Sims 3 and I really wish it would come back!
(Also, I'll use cheats, but I'm not into modding the game, so I won't be downloading anything..)
Any SimGurus out there want to weigh in on this please?

Comments

• Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    As far as im aware there is automatic bed ownership in Sims 4, it certainly plays that way. This really does sound like a routing issue, can you do a screen shot of the house and post it so we can see what the issue might be?
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    or upload the house and its family to the gallery and ill download it and have a look.
  • Options
    mandakay42mandakay42 Posts: 6 New Member
    I uploaded the lot and family into the gallery. The lot is called Oakenstead edit - 50x50 lot, 4br, 6ba. (I had downloaded it from someone else and then made a few changes to fit my sims' lifestyles. The 4 kids are not in the gallery (I'm not sure how to upload the family after it's been created and grown.) The household is called The Song family. Jenny & Jake Song, Lexi Moreno and Chance Lofton. Should I try to upload the entire family as it is now or is the CAS version of them okay for testing?
    Also, the sims can sleep, relax, nap, everything else in the bed but just not woohoo.
    Thanks for checking!
  • Options
    mandakay42mandakay42 Posts: 6 New Member
    I apparently can't post screenshots..

"You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links."
  • Options
    AndreaSimAndreaSim Posts: 28 Member
    I have the same issue! It seems to be a bug with the bed they are choosing to woo-hoo in, not the bed they won't. I experimented with adding/deleting beds.
  • Options
    moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    I had the same problem once I added a third story with a guest room/possible future kid's room with a double bed. They'd bypass the room they'd been sleeping in for weeks with the most comfortable bed available to go to that third-room room with a less comfortable bed. Smarter sims indeed.
  • Options
    Wpardue77Wpardue77 Posts: 129 Member
    After 14 years of Sims and we are still limited to the bedroom. Let's be open minded and maybe give us options for couches or driers
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I've had that problem and I've also had a similar problem where one of my showers broke and when I sent a sim to repair it they routed to one of my other (perfectly functioning/not broken) showers and did the repairing animation.... which wound up actually repairing the broken shower that they were a whole floor away from.
  • Options
    jeanmichael01jeanmichael01 Posts: 62 Member
    Yeah that seems the case, maybe they want to be in the most comfortable bed to woohoo. Well IRL, I can do it anywhere. Just kidding! :D
    mirai.gif
    "If you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be... A tragedy."
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Resetting the bed with testingcheats should fix it.
  • Options
    MariposahMariposah Posts: 249 Member
    @Wpardue77 wrote: »
    After 14 years of Sims and we are still limited to the bedroom. Let's be open minded and maybe give us options for couches or driers

Like observatories and rocket ships? 5000 mile high club ;) You can watch the space woohoo on the computer too, for those that are into that sort of thing.

TS4-Signature.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiraehd
  • Options
    Mariposah wrote: »

Like observatories and rocket ships? 5000 mile high club ;) You can watch the space woohoo on the computer too, for those that are into that sort of thing.

Really? What do you see?
  • Options
    Wpardue77 wrote: »

Yeah, they should remove the censored thingy.
    mirai.gif
    "If you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be... A tragedy."
  • Options
    MariposahMariposah Posts: 249 Member
    edited October 2014

Really? What do you see?
    Hearts in space surrounding a rockin rocket. Plus you can hear the woohoo too.

Edited: Not sure if the spoiler tag is working properly. It's not expanding for me.
    TS4-Signature.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiraehd
  • Options
    Spoiler isn't working but I'm very curious.
  • Options

They also need to bring woohoo back to the shower. That's one of the most awesome places in game.

• Options

They also need to bring woohoo back to the shower. That's one of the most awesome places in game.

And they should bring back the skinny dip! :D
    mirai.gif
  • Options

Really? What do you see?
    Hearts in space surrounding a rockin rocket. Plus you can hear the woohoo too.

Edited: Not sure if the spoiler tag is working properly. It's not expanding for me.

hmm, I research the BBCode and I think thesims forums doesn't support the spoiler tag.
    mirai.gif
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited October 2014
    Select your text, then click on the little arrow next to the paragraph symbol (backwards P) and select spoiler.

Nope, that doesn't work :(
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    So what do you see? Unforutuanly I don't have an astronaut sim.

I have noticed there are 2 rockets. One requires a level 9 to complete and one a level 10. I've seen 2 rocket woohoos posted on line one were the rocket is on the ground and the other when it goes in the air and you just see hearts. I"m curious about what you see on the pc though.
  • Options
    Wpardue77Wpardue77 Posts: 129 Member
    Is it possible for a married woman to cheat on her husband in the game
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Is it possible for a married woman to cheat on her husband in the game

Yes. Eliza Pancake who is married has 3 romantic interest and that happened when I wasn't playing them. Also married sims can even ask another sim to go steady and have a boy/girlfriend on the side.

• Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    So did anyone end up sorting out the solution to this problem of the OP please?

I have that problem right now.

When it was first happening, I made everyone else go to sleep in their own beds, so that the only bed left to woohoo in was the remaining couple's own. They then kept cancelling out doing woohoo at all. All beds and bedrooms are of equal expensiveness and niceness.

I resorted to deleting all of the beds and adding them back one at a time as each couple retired and woohoo'd for the night. All went well. The next time however it was back to musical beds. I'm really, really, REALLY annoyed. REALLY annoyed!

Could we have a solution please? It's not nice.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    I'm having that issue as well. Even though I click on their bed to woohoo in my sim couple will not woohoo unless their son's bed is available. Both beds are big and nice so I don't get it.
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    I did the same thing as I did before again, deleting all beds and buying a new one, one at a time for when each couple were wanting it. Then each time after that, I've put all other beds into the family inventory before they ask to do woohoo. This is because after the first time I went through this process, they were back to musical beds after once or twice. So now, only one couple can woohoo at a time, and when they do, other sims in the house are awake doing other stuff, not needing their beds, because all other beds are in the family inventory. When woohoo is done, I put the other beds back so the other sims can go to sleep. Maybe after 10 or 20 times successfully each couple I might dare to leave all beds in place and see what happens. "ALL other couples/beds?" you ask, Founder and wife, plus their four children who've all grown up and not moved out yet, eldest is newly wed and now expecting, the others just invite their partners over for the night, in turn now with this problem of beds.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.