Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

anyone having problems with story progression giving weird names to babies?

Comments

• Options
    chloeserenachloeserena Posts: 332 Member
    edited September 2009
    i kind of like the wierd names.
    one of my sims had a son when i was playing a different house, and called him alfonso
  • Options
    KelleD014KelleD014 Posts: 2,829 New Member
    edited September 2009
    my neighborhood is having plenty of babies out of wedlock....but still plenty of babies lol one of my games malcolm landgraab has a son with sandi french and they are still boyfriend/girlfriend. in another neighborhood mortimer goth had like 4 kids with bella bachelor but they never moved in with each other or got married.....i had my sim marry him instead lol
  • Options
    AnoniemouseAnoniemouse Posts: 399 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Zeri wrote:
    well i didnt patch cause i use indie mod and i love it. i just didnt see any need to remove a mod that works, to get a patch that doesnt

im worried about WA tho.. ill have to patch then, or just not get the ep.... where will my story progression be with WA?

I wanted Indie Stone, but since I bought the game after the latest patch and Indie Stone hasn't been updated (to my knowledge) I just gave up and patched my game.
  • Options
    SimLuver1098SimLuver1098 Posts: 1,544 Member
    edited September 2009
    Ugh, I got Treemane! Like WTH?
  • Options
    CoyadreCoyadre Posts: 5,409 Member
    edited September 2009
    Zeri wrote:

but once in a while theres a real stinko.. like alejandro goth.. P U
    Ha I got that one :lol:
  • Options
    SmustleQueenSmustleQueen Posts: 1,868 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Most of the time, I get awesome names like Shantel Sekemoto, Zane Way and Chastity Langraab.

Once, I had brothers named Cory and Kory. Not very original :lol:
  • Options
    Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    edited September 2009
    Lavender wrote:
    Be grateful story progression is giving you babies! My legacy 'hood has died out! I'd be grateful for a sim name "Flibberty-gibbit" if story progression produced him!
    My Free Will hood produces babies pretty regularly. It seems to help a lot if you Edit Town and evict some of the families. I target elder couples I don't play (and aren't mine) and households with 2 or 3 random males or females. Remove 3 or 4 households and the town will have some story progression babies for you.
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    How do you get the game to name your kids?
    Don't know if you can when it's the active family. If a baby is born in any household that's not active, they get a random name.

In free will I've gotten
    Dustin, Elvis, Fatima, Mindi, Marcy, Dexter, and Kathy as random names in families I regularly play. The other babies around the hood have also been named by the game but I don't know their names yet. If they date one of mine, I'll know them.

Fortunately, if you really hate the name, at least it's easy to change now. Just pop by city hall during the day and change it.
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • Options
    LavenderLavender Posts: 73 Member
    edited September 2009
    My Free Will hood produces babies pretty regularly. It seems to help a lot if you Edit Town and evict some of the families. I target elder couples I don't play (and aren't mine) and households with 2 or 3 random males or females. Remove 3 or 4 households and the town will have some story progression babies for you.

I did go into edit town and evict a few single elders. Maybe I didn't get rid of enough people. I'll give it a try, thanks.
  • Options
    awsome18awsome18 Posts: 265 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Nicarra60 wrote:
    How do you get the game to name your kids?
    Don't know if you can when it's the active family. If a baby is born in any household that's not active, they get a random name.

In free will I've gotten
    Dustin, Elvis, Fatima, Mindi, Marcy, Dexter, and Kathy as random names in families I regularly play. The other babies around the hood have also been named by the game but I don't know their names yet. If they date one of mine, I'll know them.

Fortunately, if you really hate the name, at least it's easy to change now. Just pop by city hall during the day and change it.

Fatima sounds like a pretty bad name

the ones i can remeber getting r: Kenya and Cruz
    at first, i misread cruz and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it said ceruz, and then i named half th people in my hood ceruz cuz the more i said it 2 myself, the more i liked it, and eventually, i became obsessed with it.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    awsome18 wrote:
    Fatima sounds like a pretty bad name

the ones i can remeber getting r: Kenya and Cruz
    at first, i misread cruz and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it said ceruz, and then i named half th people in my hood ceruz cuz the more i said it 2 myself, the more i liked it, and eventually, i became obsessed with it.
    Fatima doesn't sound much like a name Don Lothario and Rhoda Bagley would have chosen for their daughter. I may have her change it someday.

The rest haven't been too bad with the families I care about. A couple other random babies have shocker names though.
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited September 2009
    My sims have had babies coming and going. Some sims got married, some have romantic interest, some are bf/gf. I don't know if the patch has anything to do with it or not, but I started this game after the latest patch. I also get rid of families I don't want in the game and when new ones move in I delete them too.
    I'm rotating through a lot of sims and the game is naming almost all of them. I think I have only named a couple. I had twin girls, Kiana and Chiana. the rest of the names have been Rosalind, Kylee,Debbie, Nandina,Liam, Abraham, Veronica, LaShawn,Doug,Joline,Jenna, Carlo, Sterling, Mauricio.
    Many of the names are from employees of EA.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    WindWineKiwi8WindWineKiwi8 Posts: 1,296 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I keep getting my children with names which are surnames. Like Tyler, or Mackenzie or something. I am not sure about what happens in America but here in Britain those are surnames!
  • Options
    MarahGMarahG Posts: 1,387 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Bella and Mortimer had a son named Thaddius :shock:
    thats a horrible name
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited September 2009
    Lots of weird names. The sim has assigned these gems with regularity:

Tamika
    Shamika
    Tobias
    Solomon
    Sri
    Lamont
    Raheem
    Shonna
    Lakshmi
    Delia
    Pete
  • Options
    AnoniemouseAnoniemouse Posts: 399 New Member
    edited September 2009
    MarahG wrote:
    Bella and Mortimer had a son named Thaddius :shock:
    thats a horrible name

Are you kidding? That's an awesome name. I may have to name one of my children Thaddius now. Jk, but seriously.
  • Options
    CaseyPorter415CaseyPorter415 Posts: 513 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I just noticed a blonde kid in my neighborhood named Deepak LOL LOL and he has a sister named Shruti. I am changing those. Those are Indian names I think so unfitting..
  • Options
    bluesim2bluesim2 Posts: 919 New Member
    edited September 2009
    sorry if this is off topic but
    my indiestone mod isn't working
    can anyone help?
  • Options
    LavenderLavender Posts: 73 Member
    edited September 2009
    IndieStone says right in it's description on MTS that it doesn't work with the latest patch and they don't have plans to pursue it any further.
  • Options
    LushiePushieLushiePushie Posts: 237 Member
    edited September 2009
    I like the names the game generates - some of them are sort of weird but that just means you are unlikely to have duplicates (such as 5 different Mikes and 10 different Emilys). A baby girl born to a family in my neighborhood was named Jammie lol. Yesterday one of my Sims met a girl named Mellisa....I like the two "L's".
  • Options
    The_ClayThe_Clay Posts: 1,254 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Once I made a family and used a different one for a wile. When I got back there was a girl named Grace.The family was of a mom and her two boys, Teen and child. The girl was fatherless just like her brothers. Ever since I have been trying to name a sim Grace but cant think of a good last name.
  • Options
    seagreen9seagreen9 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Zeri wrote:
    i have gotten some odd ones, but most are pretty decent, and i find myself thinking, 'well thats not bad.'

but once in a while theres a real stinko.. like alejandro goth.. P U

one of my sims aunts are named alejandra :? (but i aculley named her that) :oops: (the wierd thing is that her brother is married a goth) thats wierd :shock:
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited September 2009
    I have a neighborhood that I bounce around in between 12 families. Depends on what I feel like playing( music, gardenin ect)I have one family that is on generation4. They are greek family. Imagine my surprise when their little boy ended up with the name Han- Chan? Had to make a trip to town to change that name. Of course my Japenese family gets Oliver?
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited September 2009
    I once had a weird name that made me burst out laughing.. it was so rediculous i didnt know how to pronouce it and have forgotten how to spell it..

I have had a sims called Leland and rodrick.. anyone ever heard of them names before?

yes, I've heard of both names - Leland Stanford and Rodrick Rhodes.
  • Options
    stinnebabestinnebabe Posts: 208 New Member
    edited September 2009
    debra1970p wrote:
    I once had a weird name that made me burst out laughing.. it was so rediculous i didnt know how to pronouce it and have forgotten how to spell it..

I have had a sims called Leland and rodrick.. anyone ever heard of them names before?

yes, I've heard of both names - Leland Stanford and Rodrick Rhodes.

What about Leland Palmer from one of the coolest series ever made?? (Twin Peaks) :?: