Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

finding files to edit with s4pe

hi,

I want to try recoloring eyes and want to extract the files in s4pe. I want to know how to find the new eye colors that were added in this last update.

Is there an easier way than literally scrolling through THOUSANDS of files in s4pe? So far by doing this I have found a total of 4 eye colors and none of them are the new ones.
What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??

Comments

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Updated content that comes in a patch is almost always to be found in the files beginning "Delta..." which tend to be a lot smaller to search though.
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited October 2014
    I found one of the eyes! Lol!!! Is there a way to find the others??

edit: to clarify, by others I mean the original colors in the huge files
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited October 2014
    Use Color Magic to open the deltabuild files, to see a text list... and use the dropdowns to filter the list :)
  • Options
    I tried that but it doesn't do anything, it just gives me a blank list. nothing is in it
  • Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited October 2014
    Desirai wrote: »
    I tried that but it doesn't do anything, it just gives me a blank list. nothing is in it

ColorMagic uses the registry to find the Fullbuild files. If you have an *ahem* "nonstandard" installation, it won't find them automatically... you'll have to browse to your resource.cfg file on the first screen. Then it should display all the CAS Parts.
  • Options
    where is the resource.cfg file? I bought my sims 4
  • Options
    I like to think I am smart but I can't figure out how to get anything to show up on the list in color magic :(
  • Options
    _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    edited October 2014
    Sims 4 Studio is now pulling the new eye colors. People have used it to make default replacement and non-default eyes with like the ones HERE. The tool has been tested by many users with both standard and non-standard installations who have reported that it works well for them. Once you've chosen your clone you can see it and your recolor of it on a model in a 3D viewer too :)
    Post edited by _orangemittens_ on
  • Options
    Shimrod101Shimrod101 Posts: 304 Member
    Desirai wrote: »
    I like to think I am smart but I can't figure out how to get anything to show up on the list in color magic :(

I suggest downloading someone else's default replacement eyes, a newer set which includes the new ones. Open this file in s4pe and see the Instance ID # on the _IMG files, which are the eyes themselves. The newer ones will be in one of the ClientDeltaBuild files, the original eyes are in one of the ClientFullbuild files. Click on Instance up at the top to sort by that number and scroll down to the # of the eye files inside the mod you downloaded. Simple.