Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Canceling Cooking to Mourn

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it's seriously a gripe with me. I'm a legacy player so my founder, heirs and husbands are buried on the lot.

Every time I go to make something, the second step (where there's a bowl, or food on the cutting board) is where they decide to go mourn the dead. Rarely, but it has happened, they downright ditch the food on the stove to go mourn. What the heck?! ;-; At least finish the cooking and not cancel!
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    This used to happen to be in TS2, only it usually happened when the food was in the oven/on the stove. There ended up being quite a number of fires because of this! Maybe turn off free will when your sim is cooking? That should help.
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    #smartersims ;)
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    It's never a good idea to mourn on a full stomach.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    They mourn? In TS4, seriously? I haven't had any deaths yet, but I'm very excited at the prospect of mourning, even if it's in the middle of cooking!
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Is that how most of your Sims died? In flames?
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Is that how most of your Sims died? In flames?

Nope. One died to embarrassment, the other old age. This has been happening since the dad died due to embarrassment. It's just excessive now!

@S100Headache Right!? It was so annoying!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Wow, you've gotten some serious playing time in.
  • Options
    Sims4SarahSims4Sarah Posts: 133 Member
    When I've been in mourning,I find it difficult to eat or concentrate on anything other than those feelings. Maybe that's what they are doing for with that game play.
  • Options
    MsPhy wrote: »
    Wow, you've gotten some serious playing time in.
    Third generation in ;) Founder died at 113 days old.
    Sims4Sarah wrote: »
    When I've been in mourning,I find it difficult to eat or concentrate on anything other than those feelings. Maybe that's what they are doing for with that game play.
    Maybe, but for Sims, mourning always lasts about 2 days. This happens every time I tell them to cook. 10 days after the dad died, and they still go mourn at the grave. I love that they want to visit Dad, but they should queue it up, not stop mid-cook to mourn.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    consider yourself lucky... my sim has NEVER been sad... she saw someone die...... and continues to flirt with the reaper not paying attention to the dead body at all
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    consider yourself lucky... my sim has NEVER been sad... she saw someone die...... and continues to flirt with the reaper not paying attention to the dead body at all
    I feel that Sims 4 is polarized. Either you experience a LOT of emotions, or none. We need mods to balance it out. :|
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    I've had two Sims do this and it's the most aggravating thing ever. My first legacy I played, my founder's husband died and for the rest of her life, every time I had her cook anything, she'd stop in the middle of it to go mourn, leaving all the food on the stove or the counter. I thought it might just be her, but nope. Second legacy I played, my second generation heiress did the same thing after her mom died. Both Sims kept doing this constantly long after their initial Mourning moodlet was gone.

I'm fine with them going outside to mourn their loved ones once in a while, but not while they're in the middle of cooking a meal! Nobody does that, it's annoying.
  • Options
    RineRine Posts: 165 Member
    I had one do this and she ended up dying in the graveyard during a mourning bit. Her grandson rolled the family trait and guess what he does now? He goes and mourns at the gravestone all the time. I don't even have him cook the family meals because he stops so much (sometimes three times) to go mourn. Both sims that do the mourning thing are family-trait sims so...I really wonder if it has to do with that.
  • Options
    esiobhanesiobhan Posts: 39 Member
    This happens to me all the time and I hate it! I would be ok if it was to mourn a recently departed loves one, but my fourth gen heir frequently stops cooking (often times TWICE) to go mourn my founder or founders spouse whom she has never met!

Also I have noticed they do not frequently mourn. They only seem to do it while cooking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    anburcoanburco Posts: 11 New Member
    Mine is weird too, after she mourns she immediately giggles and becomes happy...it's kinda creepy!
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    This is a feature that definitely needs to be taken out of the game entirely. I'd rather have Sims never mourn autonomously than Sims who leave their food on the stove up to three times per meal to go mourn on their own.
  • Options
    I've made a new legacy, knowing more about Sims 4. And this is still a major issue. They cancel cooking ALL the time. It's so frustrating. I'm getting to the point where I just tell them to get a bowl of cereal unless it's a birthday.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    keshialeekeshialee Posts: 533 Member
    I was having this problem but now 5th gen in it seems to have settled... For now. I have another elder about to drop dead so will see if they all start mourning like idiots again :/ over the founder sometimes to and they never met her before haha!
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    edited October 2014
    Are you sure they're mourning? Perhaos they're thinking "Maybe that stew you could use a little more flavour...." >:)
  • Options
    KevWalker wrote: »
    Are you sure they're mourning? Perhaos they're thinking "Maybe that stew you could use a little more flavour...." >:)

That's a little twisted haha. October's gotten to you :P
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Prettyweed870Prettyweed870 Posts: 832 Member
    Having the same issue. Oddly, when the father passed away only the mother would break interactions to mourn at his grave. When the mother passed away the teenage daughter went on as if nothing happened while the child age daughter went into a 2 day mourning period the likes of which I do NOT want to see again. It was killing me to see that child moping around the lot and breaking into full on sobs at the drop of a hat.
  • Options
    Having the same issue. Oddly, when the father passed away only the mother would break interactions to mourn at his grave. When the mother passed away the teenage daughter went on as if nothing happened while the child age daughter went into a 2 day mourning period the likes of which I do NOT want to see again. It was killing me to see that child moping around the lot and breaking into full on sobs at the drop of a hat.

Right?!

On a different note, this issue affects ghosts too. My founder's ghost showed up and decided to cook breakfast. She just up and left the food on the stove to mourn her husband.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member
    Mine are doing it too! They did it before and I put the tombstones in the family inventory to have them stop. When the ghost patch came out, I put the two tombstones (my legacy founder and her husband) back out in the family plot I built hoping it had been fixed. NOPE. Every time someone starts cooking the actions cancels and they go outside and cry their face off. PLEASE FIX THIS!! 2 days I can deal with as legitimate mourning, but for WEEKS afterwards while cooking? Come on...
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
    Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
    My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
    YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth