Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is TS4 really worth it?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    PiinkbunniePiinkbunnie Posts: 148 Member
    I would say that it is worth it. I am enjoying the game alot, and I didn´t think I would like it at all first.
    There are some very anoying bugs yes, and I hope for quicker fixes. But I still think it is worth is... And the game is starting to be sold at disscounted prices alittle here and there too :)
  • Options
    AxelTaylor01AxelTaylor01 Posts: 389 Member
    @AxelTaylor01
    Well, in a comparison between base games, TS4 definitely beats TS2 in my book because of the greater selection of gameplay options, better CAS, more entertaining sims, and the ability to go out and explore your block while at home. If it's a fully packed TS2 versus the TS4 base, however, TS2 still wins because of weather, werewolves ( <3 werewolves), witches ( <3 magic users), and the mountains of extra gameplay features and items that all of the EP's and SP's added to the game over its lifespan. I have a feeling that a fully packed TS4, if done right, has the potential to knock a fully packed TS2 out of the park, though...

Ok thanks, I get ya. I think I'll wait until a few ep's are out before I get it. The gist I'm getting is that it has a lot of potential, but right now for the price it's jut not there yet. I do find it encouraging that just base to base you like TS4 better.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    @AxelTaylor01
    You're very welcome. I'm glad to hear that you'll possibly be joining the fun sometime in the future. Whatever you finally decide, though, happy simming! ^_^
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Dragonrose69Dragonrose69 Posts: 748 Member
    I didn't buy it right away, but my reason was more because the husband couldn't understand why I wanted a new Sims game when I still played Sims 3. However he did end up buying it for me for my birthday. I'm enjoying the game a lot so far. I still find it addictive, and time flies when I am playing. I have to carefully watch the time to I am not up all night when I should be sleeping so I can get to work the next day.

Sure it is a little bare bones, but it is a base game. I recall all the base games being a little bare bones, but the game fleshes out more with eps and dlc.
  • Options
    AxelTaylor01AxelTaylor01 Posts: 389 Member
    @AxelTaylor01
    You're very welcome. I'm glad to hear that you'll possibly be joining the fun sometime in the future. Whatever you finally decide, though, happy simming! ^_^

Happy simming to you too @SimsLovinLycan! :D
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Hi, I am asking this for genuine opinions on the game. I don't want a flame war, so please try and keep this civil. Oh, and TS4 owners only please. I'm considering getting TS4 for Christmas, long ways off I know, but I want to know if I should pencil it on my wishlist or not.

What I really want to know is how bad are the glitches? What you like most about the game, and what you dislike most about the game? Also, I really like to build and decorate, do you find you have difficulty doing so without the color wheel? I've been playing TS2 Ultimate lately and while I like the Sims better, I find that the world is restrictive. I really do love TS3, and have been really critical of TS4. However, since I've seen that they're patching in content like ghost, pools, and careers, I'm willing to give it a chance. Thanks in advance. :)

Well there are pros and cons the game is good but it is expensive at $60 (thats about £38 for us in the UK) so to help you decide I have completed a little list of pros an cons below

Pros

nice graphics.
    Improved personalty.
    Emotions.
    Things like cooking and cleaning do not take as long .
    some cool original things in the build mode (Rocket ships).
    Some honest to god funny animations.
    populated lots .
    Lodes of options in the CAS (for a base game).
    The building tools are sweet

Cons

No open world
    No Toddlers
    The Sims have one or two pathing issues.
    No Restaurants/Coffee shops/Diners (we have bars).
    too few communality lots
    Loading screens
    Expensive

thats all I can think of of the top of my head yes they have cut a lot out but they have also put allot in bare in mind that it is a new game and Toddlers ect will probably be put in by patches or expansions (like in the Sims 2 University when we got young adult for the first time) open world will probably never happen personally I love The Sims 4 and if you can live without the open world it's a brilliant game and well worth a look but it's up for you.
  • Options
    stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    edited April 2015
    You should get it during a black friday sale if you live in the US. By Christmas time pools and more careers will be added into the game. I think it's a fun game, but not worth 60 dollars.
    Post edited by stewielover1992 on
  • Options
    JohnBlackJohnBlack Posts: 115 Member
    After playing it for a while, I like it but I say wait until more content is re-added back into the game before purchasing it or wait till the price goes down unless you get a good deal because it is a very booorring game and I think it has nothing to do with the loading screens because I still love The Sims 2 but its just the lack of things to do in it. When the first or a couple of EPs and SPs come out then get it, just my 2 cents :smile:
  • Options
    Jlm0072012Jlm0072012 Posts: 159 Member
    I've been playing it since it came out I enjoy it:) here are some videos people posted of CAS and lets play maybe this will help you see the game in action?

CAS

http://youtu.be/R_ROxRXryFs

Let's play

http://youtu.be/XkXc8uStlBw
  • Options
    Jlm0072012Jlm0072012 Posts: 159 Member
    constance wrote: »
    I'd wait a bit if I were you. At least for the price to go down. Even if you don't think it's terrible, for what you get, it's definitely not worth the money in my view.

She can always buy it on origin and get her money back if she doesn't like it. I believe you have up to a week after you install it.