Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mansion in pieces

peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
edited October 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
So im still getting a feel for the build mode its not hard but my imagination is just not there when it comes to making an idea come to life.

So since i cant make a mansion from scratch I'll build it room by room and make it into a puzzle at the end. I will be uploading each room individually so if you see something you like jump on it.

I have also decided so i dont have to "bump" this thread everytime i add a new room, I will be only adding a link to the part of the tread with the new room to this thread and making an actual post on the thread so it kicked the thread to the 1st page to show off the addition. I'll date the links and post what page of the thread they are on.

Origin ID: SimsPrime

Want to see more of my creations go
forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/781052/peoinee-simsprime-creations

First up the study: I wanted a comfortable old style office here I wasnt sure about the teal wallpaint but i think it went very well with the dark woods in the room. I was going to use some curtains but i couldnt find any that really did the room justice. this room is intended to be a corner room so 2 walls have windows.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Dining Room - Sept 13th
1st page
forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12664602/#Comment_12664602

Party/ Bar Room - Sept 14th
forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12671884/#Comment_12671884

Home Theater - Sept 20th
forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12717112/#Comment_12717112

Kitchen and breakfast nook - October 5th
forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12804929/#Comment_12804929

Roof top Garten - October 5th
forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12805444/#Comment_12805444
Post edited by peoinee on

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    It is a great idea to build a mansion room by room. It is great that you will be uploading the individual rooms. The study looks very nice! :) The teal wall colour does look very nice with the dark woods in the room. Very nice bookcase alcove! Nice window study desk area for sims to enjoy sitting using a computer at or reading a book there, with sunlight coming in through the windows. Sims will have fun playing chess at the chess table. The plant in the corner is a nice touch. Sims will also enjoy sitting on the comfortable armchair having a read. The red of the chair look nice with the colours of the room.
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I love that you can upload individual rooms now. It makes sharing even more interesting!
  • Options
    lol i feel like you 2 are my personal cheerleaders. Thank you for your support....I was surprised to see today that my lounge i built is actually visible on the gallery (lots>community lots>Lounge search) both in downloads and favorites its actually on the 3rd row...but people are building so many awsome lots im sure it will disappear quick
  • Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Great idea. I'll be on the lookout.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    That's a great way to start with build mode! Terrific rooms! I have had a hard time with rooms due to limited patterns/colors, I try my best tho ^_^
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Your study is great. I especially like your choice of making it non-square with nooks and crannies in it. Well done!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    Your study looks very nice! I love the rich woods you have used to furnish it :) and the attention to detail makes it look lived in and realistic, its great!
  • Options
    Rubycube86Rubycube86 Posts: 294 Member
    Oooh this is a good idea. I like it a lot.
  • Options
    Now we have a Dining room I quite like the room. This is a more formal dining room the kitchen will have a breakfast area when i get the inspiration to get it going.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

• Options
    The dining room is very nice! :) The red shade of the walls looks very nice and the colour of the curtains looks nice with it. Nice floor tiling that you have used and the patterned floor rug looks nice on it. The flowers on the dining table and the floral and scenic pictures on the walls are nice for sims to enjoy seeing when eating there. Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar there with their meals.
    It is a very nice room to enjoy dining in ! :)
  • Options
    I had this really great idea for a party room last night its driving me crazy getting my work done for the day before i go get lost in building...Im really happy that they put this feature into the game because im one that does see houses better as rooms not the whole picture at once. It makes it so much easier on me.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    And we have a party/ bar area. Get together with the guys to watch the game at the bar. Dance the night away on the "dance floor" grab a game at the table or listen to the entertainment.

I made this room to fulfill most of the goals i saw when throwing a house party the formal dining room could be used for the meal or just move the meal in here plenty of room at the bar (do sims eat at the bar i never checked).

I probably got carried away with the enlarge tool on the paintings but eh thats easy to fix. I was a little limited on what to put in i would have loved a pool table personally. But i hope you like it!

PS i now have the unlock mod so i think im fine with the dining room and office but i can now use this to get the other rooms looking very nice.

top view
    ry%3D400

"stage" with bench seating
    ry%3D400

The bar and huge TV
    ry%3D400

Game table corner
    ry%3D400

Dance floor and radio - I choose to used a real door so the sounds dont carry back and forth threw a house....(you dont want the kids running the halls ruining a great game/show do you?
    ry%3D400

• Options
    The party room is great! :) The music stage area looks very nice! The lighting there looks great, and it looks great that you have placed the musician pictures on the wall. Sims will enjoy sitting on the benches there, listening to the grand piano being played. Very nice bar area! The curved bar stool counter looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stool chatting, watching the tv and having a drink. The wooden flooring in the bar area looks great. The enlarged pictures on the walls look great! Sims will have fun dancing to the music from the stereo on the dance floor! Great games corner for the sims to have fun playing card games.
    It is a great room to throw a party in! :)
  • Options
    Ok so i had an idea for a crazy cool house but while building it i wound up creating a room that every mansion needs...

Say hello to the home theater. I'm not sure if the lighting will transfer but i have all the lights set to certain colors and intensity's to give it the theater look and have a bar because well you need a bar in the theater lol..

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

• Options
    The home theatre room looks very nice! :) It looks great the type of and how you have set up the armchairs there for sims to enjoy sitting relaxing and watching the movies on. The red colour of the seats suits well the type of room. Very nice bar area! Sims will enjoy having a drink whilst watching the tv. It looks very nice how you have done the curtains, and the placement of side tables between the chairs and lamps on the tops of them looks very nice! The lighting looks great! It is a very nice home theatre room! :)
  • Options
    Im sorry it took me so long to get more rooms done, Ive had alot going on in my life and all my sims projects have taken a back seat. Well I decided to take a break from reality and work on this mansion.

And i present the kitchen with breakfast nook. I placed the room next to the dining room so those following this thread will know were its supposed to fit and how. I have chosen the counters with the cutting board tops a chef will be glad for the extra space in the beautiful kitchen. Plenty of lighting including Lights under the cabinets and stove hood so the chef can see everything. I included a good sized storage area for foodstuffs and other kitchen odds and ends (cabinets of-course but hay its a visual thing in the sims). Beautiful breakfast area with floor to ceiling windows to let in that morning light. And a few bright pops of color in the form of rugs just to add some pzazz

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

• Options
    I finally started putting the house together im not showing the main house off till i have rums built out but i did play around the with room and while i hate how the roofing came out i love the little rooftop garden i made

ry%3D400

ry%3D400
  • Options
    Very nice design of and furnishing of the kitchen! :) The island curved kitchen counter is very nice! The fruit bowl and knife block on the counter and the hanging pots over the counter are nice kitchen touches. It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen counters in the room. The blue colour of the kitchen walls looks nice.Very nice window eating nook area! It looks a very nice light filled alcove area for sims to enjoy their meals with the sunlight coming on whilst dining. The red circular floor mat adds a nice touch to the area. The rooftop garden is very nice! Sims will enjoy growing plants in the gardening pots there. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seat bench there or at the umbrella covered table, enjoying the sunshine, the views and the nice water fountain there. It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers.
    The kitchen and rooftop garden areas are very nice! :)
  • Options
    Thank you rosemow <3
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    I love that kitchen! I wish I had it in my house, mine is so tiny. One day :)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @lynny AGREED! Ive been staring at my shoebox sized kitchen with disdain for 2-3 yrs i would be giddy.

To give you an idea of my real kitchen here is a video i did renovating my real kitchen in game just to see what i could do with the space....I can only hope it will one day work in real life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdhAiejgErE