Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's too easy to get pregnant!

Back in the TS3, one of my favourite families was one where the couple would try for baby every night, just once. Thankfully the chances of conceiving were nowhere near as high as in TS4. It seems to be 9 times out of 10 in this game. Anyone else noticed this?
Follow The Stamper Legacy at: http://cinnamonwinter.wordpress.com/
And check out my creations in the gallery under the origin ID: evetfootwear

Comments

• Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    No
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Not in my game; I find it about 50-50 for success.
  • Options
    Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Actually I experienced the opposite. I had them try for a baby for 5 nights (once in every night) and it worked the 6th time.
  • Options
    GhostlyDreamerGhostlyDreamer Posts: 9 New Member
    50-50 for me too, maybe you have super fertile Sims?
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    o.O all of these comments are confusing me since I agree with the op. I have NEVER not gotten pregnant. Every single one always made my sim pregnant.

Maybe it's because I use the pregnancy test?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Alistair_32Alistair_32 Posts: 1,261 Member
    o.O all of these comments are confusing me since I agree with the op. I have NEVER not gotten pregnant. Every single one always made my sim pregnant.

Maybe it's because I use the pregnancy test?

After each try I did too, yet it still only worked the 6th time I tried.
  • Options
    AloeVistaAloeVista Posts: 326 Member
    You know its soooo easy to get pregnant in real life too :D
    rvbRMVD.jpg
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    I use the pregnancy test - still only succeed about half the time.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Back in the TS3, one of my favourite families was one where the couple would try for baby every night, just once. Thankfully the chances of conceiving were nowhere near as high as in TS4. It seems to be 9 times out of 10 in this game. Anyone else noticed this?

I hardly ever did NOT get pregnant in any sims game.
  • Options
    ManicRoseManicRose Posts: 107 Member
    I've had one sim couple try for a baby about 6 times now and no luck whereas others seem to get pregnant first time. I like it that this couple is struggling to conceive, makes it more like real life.
  • Options
    CommanderKeenCommanderKeen Posts: 614 Member
    pguida wrote: »

I hardly ever did NOT get pregnant in any sims game.

Same here.
  • Options
    JelisaJelisa Posts: 86 Member
    > @AloeVista said:
    > You know its soooo easy to get pregnant in real life too :D

Not everyone would agree with that. ;) We had to try 2 years for our second child, and now another 2 years (and still trying) for the third, incl. a total of 4 misscarriages although organically everything is fine with us. I know many other couples like us. So yea, not always soo easy in real life.

My sims on the other hand have always gotten pregnant, there wasn't a single time it didn't work, which I find a bit boring.
  • Options
    chloeazule91chloeazule91 Posts: 105 Member
    The first 3 or so times I tried to get a Sim pregnant, they got pregnant on their first try. But then with one Sim it took like 4 tries. The rate of pregnancy doesn't bother me but then again I only ever have my sims try for a baby when I really do want them to have a baby.
  • Options
    Jelisa wrote: »
    > @AloeVista said:<br />
    > You know its soooo easy to get pregnant in real life too :D<br />
    <br />
    Not everyone would agree with that. ;) We had to try 2 years for our second child, and now another 2 years (and still trying) for the third, incl. a total of 4 misscarriages although organically everything is fine with us. I know many other couples like us. So yea, not always soo easy in real life. <br />
    <br />
    My sims on the other hand have always gotten pregnant, there wasn't a single time it didn't work, which I find a bit boring.

Oh don't mind my comment, it was more sarcasm/jesting more than anything. Sorry if it bothered you though! I'm aware of couples that struggle...and then you turn around and your 20 year old neighbor is 6 months in. However I hope you guys finally get your third >_<!

But talking about the game here its probably just chalked up to RNG when it comes to getting pregnant or not. For the most part I don't find it too difficult and usually the first or second try does the trick for me.

rvbRMVD.jpg
  • Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    Some families have taken me 5/6+ times while others have been first go so I'm finding it pretty true to life, not everyone hits it first go whereas your next door neighbour may well be super lucky (or unlucky depending how you see it)
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • Options
    Jelisa wrote: »
    > @AloeVista said:<br />
    > You know its soooo easy to get pregnant in real life too :D<br />
    <br />
    Not everyone would agree with that. ;) We had to try 2 years for our second child, and now another 2 years (and still trying) for the third, incl. a total of 4 misscarriages although organically everything is fine with us. I know many other couples like us. So yea, not always soo easy in real life. <br />
    <br />

I'd hate the game to be like that. Especially if they included miscarriages.
  • Options
    Well if they included miscarriages I wouldn't mind too much especially if its in a more realistic way like for example if your pregnant sims needs get too low and stay low for a long time then she will miscarry - or something like that. Or if she gets into a fight with someone she goes to the hospital and miscarries. Gets a colossal fright, etc.
    - By the way now that I mention it adding a hospital to this game would be nice.
    rvbRMVD.jpg
  • Options
    AloeVista wrote: »
    Well if they included miscarriages I wouldn't mind too much especially if its in a more realistic way like for example if your pregnant sims needs get too low and stay low for a long time then she will miscarry - or something like that. Or if she gets into a fight with someone she goes to the hospital and miscarries. Gets a colossal fright, etc.
    - By the way now that I mention it adding a hospital to this game would be nice.

Why not leukimia then? Or elder stabbing? All realistic.

We just don't need to get gritty.

• Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    just like real life wtflux
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    JelisaJelisa Posts: 86 Member
    I didn't mean I want miscarriages in the game, I really wouldn't! But I just find it boring that they get pregnant immediately on the first try. For me paying for the pregnancy test in the game doesn't make any sense, because each time my sims try for a baby they're pregnant for sure anyways.
  • Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member

If you don't want a baby soo fast, stop trying for one. Just woo-hoo and have fun!
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    Yeah, when I have my sims try for a baby (in any version of the Sims) they usually have success with one try. We had the jingle before, and it almost always happened on first try. Now we at least don't have the jingle and can force them to wait and find out if we like, or take the test and try again if needed.

It's perfect this way. Sims should be able to have babies relatively easy--multiples should be the challenge/reward with trying for a baby ;)
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited October 2014
    While my Sims more often than not do get pregnant, I've also had multiple days in a row with negative pregnancy tests.

I'd hate the game to have miscarriages. Sims doesn't need that much of a downer.
  • Options
    MarixsaMarixsa Posts: 187 Member
    I've had my Sims get pregnant on the first try with a few families. However, it took a few attempts with other families.
  • Options
    chloeazule91chloeazule91 Posts: 105 Member
    edited October 2014
    They would never put miscarriages in the game so we don't have to worry about that