Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Action Against Trolls

Comments

• Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    IP ban, sorry but they ask for it. I dont visit this forum often, cause of the childish behavior and pointless comments.. If it is clear that an user only created an account to bladder nonsense or start fight, than they should be IP banned.. also i think the mods need to pay a lot more attention.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    I do believe EA made it an open site so possible buyers could come and ask questions. Not working out very well! :\

If so, there should be only one area for those people to post in, and they should have a very tight posting cap.

I could be giving EA to much credit and it may be the forum mechanics itself. But you had to register on TS3 so why not here?

• Options
    8AmberShade88AmberShade8 Posts: 120 Member
    I don't actually own the game, but I like to watch TS4's progress. Hearing what other people have to say about the game is a lot better than having EA sugarcoat it.
    Ygritte-from-Game-of-Thrones-saying-you-know-nothing-Jon-Snow-GIF.gif

• Options
    BiasedLibraBiasedLibra Posts: 200 Member
    If they can keep discussions in other areas on review until they've approved them, why don't they implement the same thing for all new users. Say for the first week or so?
  • Options
    I think with enough reports the user should be auto-banned. If a mod sees that is unjust he/she can undo do it.

Actually, that would back fire.

Even if you needed 100 reports or more, that would allow a team of trolls to ban legitatimate posters. That would be a troll's dream. 4chan does that kind of stuff all the time, like when they got that nasty old guy a date with Taylor Swift.
    Good point

• Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    smoogie wrote: »
    I heard you don't even need a real Email to sign up so trolls are just making new accounts after one gets closed

When I signed up with my account about two months ago, they didn't even ask me to go check my email to create this account. It just sent me straight here, so yeah. The system is a mess.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    I don't actually own the game, but I like to watch TS4's progress. Hearing what other people have to say about the game is a lot better than having EA sugarcoat it.

It could easily be a read-only forum for non-registered people. It may be 'unfair', but with the trolling...not much choice.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    simple solution would be to lock the account to the game code. No code, no account.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Hetheone wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAH IM STILL HERE FU*CKIN BI*TECHES
    if-you-ignore-it-it-will-go-away.gif

• Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member

And you haven't abused once. Thank you to you and all of the other none owners who are on! :)
    That said it is history that the few spoil it for the many! Proven over and over. It is easier to take away than solve the issue. Very frustrating to us who liked what we had!!! :'( Rotten Apple will always spoil the whole basket.

• Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    There is ONLY one way to deal with trolls, do not post on their thread. The only reason someone trolls a forum is for attention, and if you don't give it to them they wither and die.

A troll is an attention seeker, they crave it because they have insignificant little lives that are so deadly dull due to their extreme lack of intelligence , that they cannot drag themselves away from their pcs to go do something more useful or intelligent.

Just don't post.
  • Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    There is ONLY one way to deal with trolls, do not post on their thread. The only reason someone trolls a forum is for attention, and if you don't give it to them they wither and die.

A troll is an attention seeker, they crave it because they have insignificant little lives that are so deadly dull due to their extreme lack of intelligence , that they cannot drag themselves away from their pcs to go do something more useful or intelligent.

Just don't post.

Problem is then after that... they take it to our walls.
  • Options
    BiasedLibraBiasedLibra Posts: 200 Member

Just don't post.

Most of the time that works, but I think a lot of the issues people have right now is when they post ten discussions and they clog the first and second page.
  • Options
    ladybreid wrote: »
    simple solution would be to lock the account to the game code. No code, no account.

yup...and like I mentioned before: only the base game.
    Otherwise these trolls pick up the stuff packs for a couple of bucks, register a name through them.

So in theory a troll could register with every base + ep+sp

with sims3 that comes to a possible 11eps + 9sps = TWENTY POSSIBLE TROLLING NAMES

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »

Otherwise these trolls pick up the stuff packs for a couple of bucks, register a name through them.

with sims3 that comes to a possible 11eps + 9sps = TWENTY POSSIBLE TROLLING NAMES

They did a study linking internet trolls to sociopaths. lol
    http://time.com/8265/internet-trolls-are-actually-sadists-study-finds/

wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options

They did a study linking internet trolls to sociopaths. lol
    http://time.com/8265/internet-trolls-are-actually-sadists-study-finds/

that does not surprise me :#

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    There is only one action against trolls: ignore them.
    Problem is: too many people don't.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    jadealix wrote: »

Just don't post.

Problem is then after that... they take it to our walls.

Only if they know who to target and generally trolls don't have a specific target unless you hand it to them on a plate. Just don't respond.

• Options

and you are right at this moment in time creating your very own troll post. why?

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

and you are right at this moment in time creating your very own troll post. why?

That was an impersonator.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    But seriously what happened to the Sims forums? I remember back in the TS1 and TS2 days, the mods were a lot more heavy handed. I remember getting warnings many times, the forum was better managed, people had to post thread with proper titles, and people weren't allowed to keep making new threads over and over on the same topic.

I didn't like it at the time, but at least there was a sense of organisation.
    E6Gi2HA.png
  • Options

because that troll made up a name that uses capital i instead of L

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited October 2014
    Maybe we need to pull an Ernest Scared 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and come at them with milk and unconditional love...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options

because that troll made up a name that uses capital i instead of L

I am so sorry @Zolt65, my apologies , I can see that they have impersonated you.

• Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    so, if theres a troll just click on the username and look right up in the corner, click IGNORE :) didnt know that was possible.. so for those who dont know.. do that