Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Action Against Trolls

So far all the mods have done is removing likes/dislikes, PMs, and deleted a couple of posts. The trolls are just getting out of hand. Maybe they should try to prevent them in the first place. Any ideas?
Ygritte-from-Game-of-Thrones-saying-you-know-nothing-Jon-Snow-GIF.gif

Comments

• Options
    8AmberShade88AmberShade8 Posts: 120 Member
    Hetheone wrote: »
    KISS
    Great...

• Options
    anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    there are no actions for trolls mods are in love with them :)
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    How about an easy ban system? Done.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Maybe if we perform an exorcism on them they'll become human again...
  • Options
    MonkeeGoddessMonkeeGoddess Posts: 315 Member
    There will always be trolls. What they could do is have the mods on a shift of sorts, so that they're more available when things like this happen. But for every sims forum thus far, there have been trolls. There will always be trolls because some people just really don't have anything better to do with their free time. Just learn to ignore them. They don't bother me because it isn't anything I haven't heard one of my clients scream at me before.
    The desert is calling.
    The emptiness of space.
    The hunger of a lion
    Is written on your face.
    A maniac's new love song.
    Destruction is his game.
    I need a new direction,
    Cause I have lost my way.

• Options
    EsotericRogueEsotericRogue Posts: 153 Member
    Auto-ban all-caps subjects.
    tumblr_m63nqrB4u71qbkq4po1_r1_250.gif

Streaming at http://www.hitbox.tv/eRogue (Twitch sucks now.)
  • Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    Mods take all the fun from the forums, but keep these disgusting avatar trolls. Annoying.
  • Options
    Moderation works, there's just apparently not enough mods awake right now. *shrug* Don't expect better from EA, I always say!

• Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Make it a registered Sim game only users and only one account per IP! That's would slow it down IMHO.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I think Mods have to be extremely strict. 2 trolling posts should entitle the troll a ban for good.
    Please Mods do it.

BAN HIM/HER
    No apologies, Just get rid of trolls instantly
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    I understand there is no way to stop trolls from ever posting, but there seems to be too few mods to handle them. (Or they just don't care, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.)

• Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    The solution is simple and yet EA refuses to enact it.
    Tie forum names with registered games (BASE GAMES ONLY) so only ONE name per person is allowed.
    NO new names with EPs or SPs. ONE base game = ONE forum name.
    If they troll and get banned, then they will have to buy another base game to get another name.
    Pretty expensive for trolling.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    where are the mods who they deleting yesterdays posts in seconds :)
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited October 2014
    Wrong post.
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    It is a unfortunate fact of forums. There are some really sad people out there who have no life and need attention and thus we have trolls. However, it is becoming a bit of an issue here. I guess the Sims attracts the majority of them?
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    I understand there is no way to stop trolls from ever posting, but there seems to be too few mods to handle them. (Or they just don't care, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.)

Although I know some mods definitely care, they'd care more if they were paid for doing that job.

• Options
    HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    The solution is simple and yet EA refuses to enact it.
    Tie forum names with registered games (BASE GAMES ONLY) so only ONE name per person is allowed.
    NO new names with EPs or SPs. ONE base game = ONE forum name.
    If they troll and get banned, then they will have to buy another base game to get another name.
    Pretty expensive for trolling.

This. This. A million times this.
  • Options
    galaxyflier1galaxyflier1 Posts: 383 Member
    I think it's a good idea to make it expensive for trolls. Really expensive.
  • Options
    I would do it without expecting to be paid because it is the right thing to do. To many just over look unless it is beneficial. Money isn't everything if you have crumbling morals all around. :(
  • Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    I heard you don't even need a real Email to sign up so trolls are just making new accounts after one gets closed
  • Options
    I think with enough reports the user should be auto-banned. If a mod sees that is unjust he/she can undo do it.

• Options
    I do believe EA made it an open site so possible buyers could come and ask questions. Not working out very well! :\
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    I do believe EA made it an open site so possible buyers could come and ask questions. Not working out very well! :\

If so, there should be only one area for those people to post in, and they should have a very tight posting cap.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    This keeps up and they will take away our posting photos and avi privileges too.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I think with enough reports the user should be auto-banned. If a mod sees that is unjust he/she can undo do it.

Actually, that would back fire.

Even if you needed 100 reports or more, that would allow a team of trolls to ban legitimate posters. That would be a troll's dream. 4chan does that kind of stuff all the time, like when they got that nasty old guy a date with Taylor Swift.

Not saying anything bad about 4chan... at least they have noble motives :D