Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloading From Gallary

I am not sure if it has been talked about or if it happens already.... But...
How come we don't get payed sim money for the homes we create and people download? I see that we get charged when downloading others houses so it would make since that the creator got paid that sim money. Right?

That would be cool!

Comments

• Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    SimLover23 wrote: »
    How come we don't get payed sim money for the homes we create and people download? I see that we get charged when downloading others houses so it would make since that the creator got paid that sim money. Right?

That would be cool!

... :/
    Look at my signature for an appropriate reply to your suggested opinion
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    I didn't know we get charged for downloading homes. Does this apply to Sims as well?
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    I think your sims only get charged if they are on the lot and are swapping their house for a new one, and the new one has more expensive stuff in it? Does it sell off all the stuff from the house you replace and adjust the cost accordingly??

I've never added a house to a lot while sims were living on the lot. I generally build without sims on the lot, then move them in to playtest and finish up a few things.

I wouldn't want my sims to earn money for something they didn't do, however, if your shared items being downloaded could somehow add "credits" to your town's annual budget, then you could perhaps improve your town over time by having a lot of credits from the downloads of your stuffs! Then maybe you could pay to change all the street lights in town or something B) I don't know, just something that would improve your sims' community. That would be fun, but totally unnecessary of course.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    SimLover23SimLover23 Posts: 362 Member
    Dariu wrote: »

That would be cool!

... :/
    Look at my signature for an appropriate reply to your suggested opinion

...... :|
  • Options
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    I think your sims only get charged if they are on the lot and are swapping their house for a new one, and the new one has more expensive stuff in it? Does it sell off all the stuff from the house you replace and adjust the cost accordingly??

I've never added a house to a lot while sims were living on the lot. I generally build without sims on the lot, then move them in to playtest and finish up a few things.

I wouldn't want my sims to earn money for something they didn't do, however, if your shared items being downloaded could somehow add "credits" to your town's annual budget, then you could perhaps improve your town over time by having a lot of credits from the downloads of your stuffs! Then maybe you could pay to change all the street lights in town or something B) I don't know, just something that would improve your sims' community. That would be fun, but totally unnecessary of course.

So if I download a house that is from the gallery and put it on a bulldozed lot that is the only way I am suppose to be charged? Because I have downloaded to a empty lot and got charged...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Basically all I am saying is that if someone builds a house from the ground up and people download it and is charged the original creator should get the sim profit... #justsaying :)
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Interesting idea I have to say but that would making money in game way to easy. Not that its that difficult to make money anyway once you start painting or crafting bathtubs lol.
  • Options
    steve7859 wrote: »
    Interesting idea I have to say but that would making money in game way to easy. Not that its that difficult to make money anyway once you start painting or crafting bathtubs lol.

You can earn easy money by the cheats so actually getting paid from your creations would not be easy
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    I have never been charged unless I "purchased" the home. I'm sorry you are being charged to download from gallery...
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    Your idea makes total sense, IMO. Maybe suggest it to the Gurus in the Gallery feedback thread?
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    If you are being charged to simply download lots from the Gallery, then there is a glitch. If your SIM is being charged when you place the downloaded lot on their home lot, then it is working as intended.

I am very confused about what you are trying to say here. It sounds like you want players to be "paid" for creating lots and uploading them to the Gallery. Or at least "paid" when someone downloads them. I hope that is NOT what you are saying, if Diablo 3's Auction House taught us anything it is that such an system can ruin a game and players in general do not like it in practice. Sims 4 could not take that kind of negative publicity at this point.

Are you talking about players or sims?
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I don't think that would make any sense honestly. Your sims are only getting "charged" when they get a downloaded house from the gallery because after it is in the game it has a simolean cost just like the houses that are already there. It is the same when you pick a pre-designed room to add to your house. It costs simoleans because it would be like buying every item from buy mode and building a room (or house) with it. If you don't like that, then use to free real estate cheat to move your sims into the house after you download the house to an empty lot.

Also, if your sims were to get "paid" for every house that was downloaded from your creations, how would the game know which family to give the money to?
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    The only charges that apply are in reference to simoleons, and the only time a simoleon charge is done is if you are placing a lot that has an active sim/household. That active sim/household is the one to get charged the amount of the house you download from the gallery. If you download from the gallery and place house on a un-played lot, there is no simoleon charge because there is no sim/household on that lot. As for creators getting paid (which I would assume you mean in simoleons, because to get paid actual money.. uh no.) This would be hard to work out because some simmers like myself just like to build and don't have a long term sim that I personally play, only a test sim. In this case where would those simoleons go?
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    My reply to all comments...

To everybody saying I'm talking real money... NO I am not!... Sim money only!

OK I get the point now that I am only charged "sim money" for homes that are downloaded during sim play! ( I thought it charged every time ... Got it! ;)

For those asking where would the "Sim money" go ... Maybe to your online account IDK... And then you could add it to whatever household you want!

For those saying it is not a good idea... Why? Some people build these sim houses and it takes time to do (A lot of time) so if you download a house with a family on the lot and get charged "sim money" for the download why shouldn't the original creator get it instead of it going to lala land... I'm just saying :)
  • Options
    For those saying it is not a good idea... Why? Some people build these sim houses and it takes time to do (A lot of time) so if you download a house with a family on the lot and get charged "sim money" for the download why shouldn't the original creator get it instead of it going to lala land... I'm just saying :) [/b]

It does take time to build a house, or to create a unique sim, or a room. If a creator does not want to share their creation, they don't have to though. If they do, then they are sharing it, not selling it.

Your sims get charged for their homes whether they get one off the gallery or if they just purchase a pre-made one. If you want a house for free, there are cheats for that. The simoleons your sims spend are not really a commodity that transfers out of game. And I can't see what kind of point there would be to it. There are many ways for sims to make money and cheats if you want it faster.

Let's explore this option though and pretend there was some kind of system like this in place. So I download a house from the gallery and my sim buys it from $50,000 simoleons. Let's say 10% of that goes to the creator of the lot. So the next time they start playing their sim is $5,000 richer. Now what happens if there is more then one creator? Say the builder uploaded it unfurnished, and another player downloaded it, put a lot of work into furnishing it perfectly, then re-uploaded it. Who gets the 10% then? The builder or the interior designer? But neither of them did the landscaping so someone else came along and added that in before I downloaded the lot. So is it split three ways? Two? Or just to the builder?

Logistically, it doesn't really work well. When you add in that simoleons don't actually exist as a currency outside of the game, then what is the point? The simoleons your sims spend doesn't "go" anywhere. Not to "lala land" or anywhere. It doesn't actually exist.

What value do simoleons have when I can motherlode my way to a million pretty quickly???

• Options
    edited October 2014
    For those saying it is not a good idea... Why? Some people build these sim houses and it takes time to do (A lot of time) so if you download a house with a family on the lot and get charged "sim money" for the download why shouldn't the original creator get it instead of it going to lala land... I'm just saying :) [/b]

It does take time to build a house, or to create a unique sim, or a room. If a creator does not want to share their creation, they don't have to though. If they do, then they are sharing it, not selling it.

Your sims get charged for their homes whether they get one off the gallery or if they just purchase a pre-made one. If you want a house for free, there are cheats for that. The simoleons your sims spend are not really a commodity that transfers out of game. And I can't see what kind of point there would be to it. There are many ways for sims to make money and cheats if you want it faster.

Let's explore this option though and pretend there was some kind of system like this in place. So I download a house from the gallery and my sim buys it from $50,000 simoleons. Let's say 10% of that goes to the creator of the lot. So the next time they start playing their sim is $5,000 richer. Now what happens if there is more then one creator? Say the builder uploaded it unfurnished, and another player downloaded it, put a lot of work into furnishing it perfectly, then re-uploaded it. Who gets the 10% then? The builder or the interior designer? But neither of them did the landscaping so someone else came along and added that in before I downloaded the lot. So is it split three ways? Two? Or just to the builder?

Logistically, it doesn't really work well. When you add in that simoleons don't actually exist as a currency outside of the game, then what is the point? The simoleons your sims spend doesn't "go" anywhere. Not to "lala land" or anywhere. It doesn't actually exist.

What value do simoleons have when I can motherlode my way to a million pretty quickly???

That's your opinon but I still stand by mines... And lala land is no where so it does not exist smh lol

And you asking "what value do Simleons have when you can just motherlode?" As to proving a point that my idea is cray... Well in that case what is the point of our sims having jobs when we can motherlode .... ?

And to answer your question about someone re-doing a house someone else did? When you do to download homes created by others it says who originally made it. So no... the sim money would not be split.
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    And which sim, exactly, are these simoleans supposed to go to? Cute idea, but totally unworkable.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Trick wrote: »
    And which sim, exactly, are these simoleans supposed to go to? Cute idea, but totally unworkable.

You could have an option to choose...I thought I already answered that question above.... And it would be workable.
  • Options

That's your opinon but I still stand by mines... And lala land is no where so it does not exist smh lol

And you asking "what value do Simleons have when you can just motherlode?" As to proving a point that my idea is cray... Well in that case what is the point of our sims having jobs when we can motherlode .... ?

And to answer your question about someone re-doing a house someone else did? When you do to download homes created by others it says who originally made it. So no... the sim money would not be split.

I only used the tern "lala land" because you did... not sure what you point was?

On to the main point:
    And how is it "fair" to the person that completely did-over the entire interior of a shell house to get nothing if the builder gets something? Some people like to build and not decorate, others like to decorate and not build, and lots of other combinations.

And with Sims, because if builders get something, shouldn't sim creators? Though the selling of sims/people does not have a good connotation to it, but lets go with it anyway... You have the person who created the original sim, but the next person comes along and completely re-does the sim and just used the original sim as a base, so who deserves the credit/profit?

Another thing is how do you know a lot is even worth downloading? You may not until you have it in game. So suppose you download a lot, "pay" for it, and then find out it has a horrible lay-out and causes routing errors (they do still exist) and/or is missing basic necessities for a home. Obviously, it was not worth the cash spent, but the creator has already been 'paid' for putting an inferior product on the market.

What if I download a house into my library but never actually place it? Do I still "pay" for it?

I understand that you want to protect your idea and make it work, and I can respect that, but logically, it just does not work in this context. And you have not used any logical arguments to show that it could or would even though several people have tried to explain to you different reasons why it would not.

Let me just add that a feature like this would be bad for the game because if they did manage to implement it then it would only be a matter of time until it changed to be for real money. And that would ruin one of the best parts of the Sims series. Sure there are some creators that charge money for their 'creations,' but the core of the Sims community has always been the fans and they way they share their creations/stories/guides/mods/etc. If we start throwing real money into it, we may as well just be playing Second Life, as it won't be long until that is what the Sims would degenerate into.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    No thank you we have enough microtransactions as it is.
    Oh you meant sim money. Could've specified.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    edited October 2014

I only used the tern "lala land" because you did... not sure what you point was?

On to the main point:
    And how is it "fair" to the person that completely did-over the entire interior of a shell house to get nothing if the builder gets something? Some people like to build and not decorate, others like to decorate and not build, and lots of other combinations.

And with Sims, because if builders get something, shouldn't sim creators? Though the selling of sims/people does not have a good connotation to it, but lets go with it anyway... You have the person who created the original sim, but the next person comes along and completely re-does the sim and just used the original sim as a base, so who deserves the credit/profit?

Another thing is how do you know a lot is even worth downloading? You may not until you have it in game. So suppose you download a lot, "pay" for it, and then find out it has a horrible lay-out and causes routing errors (they do still exist) and/or is missing basic necessities for a home. Obviously, it was not worth the cash spent, but the creator has already been 'paid' for putting an inferior product on the market.

What if I download a house into my library but never actually place it? Do I still "pay" for it?

I understand that you want to protect your idea and make it work, and I can respect that, but logically, it just does not work in this context. And you have not used any logical arguments to show that it could or would even though several people have tried to explain to you different reasons why it would not.

Let me just add that a feature like this would be bad for the game because if they did manage to implement it then it would only be a matter of time until it changed to be for real money. And that would ruin one of the best parts of the Sims series. Sure there are some creators that charge money for their 'creations,' but the core of the Sims community has always been the fans and they way they share their creations/stories/guides/mods/etc. If we start throwing real money into it, we may as well just be playing Second Life, as it won't be long until that is what the Sims would degenerate into.

Honestly I did not take the time to read through everything you wrote because it is a waste of time. This topic is not that serious... I just posted an idea and obviously it is being taken personally... I am done responding to you. And I still stand by my idea..

The whole point of my topic was to pitch an idea and then just let everyone else add on. Smh I did not know it would get criticized. Y'all are asking all these questions like I am getting paid to come up with a master plan for something that is going to be added to the game lol. Instead of debating with me either give ideas or just move on..
    Post edited by SimLover23 on
  • Options
    AiHaou wrote: »
    No thank you we have enough microtransactions as it is.
    Oh you meant sim money. Could've specified.

I specified it several times....