Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you guys delete the ugly sims in your town??

Comments

• Options
    MissLaraeMissLarae Posts: 215 Member
    I have yet to see an ugly townie in my Sims 4 game. They don't wear the random hats either lol. The only ugly sims I've seen so far in my game are my sim's kids o.O. 2 attractive parents somehow made very ugly kids. I think the townies in Sims 4 are a huge upgrade from Sims 3 and Sims 2 townies. Some of them are just...yikes! I always want to fix their faces.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Joeniel wrote: »
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Ugly Sims are pixel people too you know :(

Have you hugged an ugly Sim today?

Oh yes I did! Hugged an ugly Sim, a goodbye hug before been eaten by my cowplant. :mrgreen: And there are others on the goodbye hugs list.
    ...got milk?

Well this is acceptable given I've fed 6 people to Miss Belch already too and 3 of them were homeless bums.

*terrible person apparently and I've got the sticker to prove it*
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited October 2014
    SimSara wrote: »
    I've been trying to rid my town of ugly sims and old people, and change badly dressed sims wardrobes.. the animal hats were driving me nuts, esp when they wear them with formal wear. I mean.. I keep a few not-so-attractive and old sims because I like a bit of diversity... but I want a lot of fairly attractive young adult/adult sims for my other attractive young adult/adult sims to date. I also need to make more families with kids and teens.

I don't delete them because the automatic townie generation will just make more. I edit them with CAS. You might need to use the cheat cas.fulleditmode.

/edit: Regarding all the politically correct comments. This is a game people. If I don't want to look at a mohawk in a game I don't have to. If I want a town where everyone has green skin there is no reason I can't. It's a game.

Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I like to take the not so pretty sims and silly ones and marry them off to some pretty nice looking sims or ones like them slef and see how the family changes over time.
    sometimes I find I like playing with them better. Like the Sims in Twinbrook in Sims 3, I put a lot of them in each of my worlds, kind of miss them in Sims 4, I knew them all. loved seeing them around. Don't know if I could recreate them or not, seems it would not be the same.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    In Sunset Valley, I always gave Arlo Bunch a "nose job." There is no reason it can't be part of the story. People have plastic surgery in real life all the time.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    I usually kill them.... with fire. I try to make all of my male sims resemble calvin klein underwear models and the ladies victorias secret.
  • Options
    SanhoSanho Posts: 56 Member
    Wow ... some people here are taking OP's choices very personnal ... What's the point in being rude ? He just asked a question. It's just Sims, not real world. He does whatever he wants with his town. No need to insult he's taste.

Personnaly, i match my sims with NPCs that would make a good gene donor and nice looking kids x) But i don't really mix my sims with the NPCs i don't like (example : Plenozas. I think they're not very good looking, so i just leave them alone and talk to them only when my sim needs friends to be promoted :D)
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    No, I invite them in and give them makeovers, while trying to keep their style.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Alnairan wrote: »

"Next week on @Alnairan's "Pimp My Sims" we find out how to fix this train wreck dreadlocks/ponytail/cowboy vest ensemble!"
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    No, I haven't done anything with them. I leave them be.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    The only thing that bothers me about the elders, is that there's so many of them. Not only that, but my Founder selected his bride and her hair turned from black to gray immediately after the wedding ceremony! What's up with that? Way too late for her to give him children of his own, sadly. It seems many of the so-called "eligible" Sims for the Legacy Challenge are older, too. By the time my Founder got together with the one I originally had intended him to marry, she only had 15 days before she was due to age up to elder. Happily, she gave him three sons, one right after another, and just in time! The eldest met the Heir requirements, the other two don't. So, my Legacy can go forward. But, I don't make it a practice to delete Sims from a neighborhood, for ANY reason. Although I must confess once I had Twallen's Master Controller in Sims3, I did change what a townie Sim was wearing from time to time … . :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    KShannonKShannon Posts: 223 Member
    No, I don't mind ugly sims.

I do trim out some elders, though. I'm having trouble marrying off my sims because everyone is so much older.
  • Options
    cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    I honestly don't pay that much attention to the other sims around town! When it comes to looking for partners they just head down the park and see who they like! Bad hat, bad clothes, bad breath.. Doesn't matter! Lol their choice
  • Options
    JoenielJoeniel Posts: 727 Member

"Next week on @Alnairan's "Pimp My Sims" we find out how to fix this train wreck dreadlocks/ponytail/cowboy vest ensemble!"

OOOOH But the Pimp My Sims Show has already started!! (*) Behold case #1!!! (*)
    Remember this ugly fella I posted on page 3 of this thread? I gave him a fairly second chance to live and not serve as dinner for my cowplant.
    makeover_zps39b730c5.png
    He was always sad but now he has a good reason to smile about! :#
    ...pretty awesome.
    gatitos_zps08y2lsrh.gif
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited October 2014
    Joeniel wrote: »

OOOOH But the Pimp My Sims Show has already started!! (*) Behold case #1!!! (*)
    Remember this ugly fella I posted on page 3 of this thread? I gave him a fairly second chance to live and not serve as dinner for my cowplant.
    makeover_zps39b730c5.png
    He was always sad but now he has a good reason to smile about! :#
    ...pretty awesome.

Very nice!

I do not change their facial features, though. I make them exercise and change clothes, hair and brow style only. I'll show you what I did to Amber when I get home.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    IndiieaIndiiea Posts: 8 New Member
    I just give them makeovers. It's quite suprising how some townies end up looking. I never change skin colour or features. I usually dress them after a personality I give them, and might let them use some strange clothing because, hey, I might never use it otherwise. The only thing I've deleted is elders, because there was a LOT of them and I had aging turned off.
  • Options
    mrsnava82mrsnava82 Posts: 664 Member
    Nope i never delete ugly sims in my town i like the diversity and i havent run into any ugly sims yet
    signature.png
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    I actually like all of the sims in TS4. I find them more unique and individual. I only edited TS3 sims. They were huge disasters.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    I don't delete them because they are ugly. I delete them because my town gets crowded with them, and I'd much rather see the Sims from the renders around town. Like Gladys, Vernon, Amber, Chuck, etc. I really like the sims from the renders. They have more personality. in their faces and styles of dress. The random townies do not.

On occasion a townie will appear with distinguishing features, and they'll get kept around. I sometimes like to tidy up their clothes a bit though.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    I just "cas.fulleditmode" townie sims if I want to change their appearance or clothes but I don't delete them (unless they're really, really ugly then I just think of it as a mercy killing)
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    No, I don't. I just let them age out and the game replaces them over time. But as far as being ugly? It's not ts2, there were only 2 faces out of...I don't remember how many in total....but only 2 that were good looking. All the rest were simply dreadful, lol. I'm not finding that to be the case this time around. There are some that are much nicer than others, but none are ts2 ugly, not to me anyway.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    nue-pourn-no-ugly-people-allowed-110688470.jpg
  • Options
    HeyItsTashieeHeyItsTashiee Posts: 172 Member
    I don't really like deleting stuff out the game at all, I feel I will miss something lol. If I end up playing a townie I may change their clothes, hair etc, and make the best out of them. But no, I don't like deleting sims unless I have too.
  • Options
    freckledrevoltfreckledrevolt Posts: 282 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    I don't find the sims of TS4 that unattractive (in comparison to TS3) so I don't mess with their "genetics" outiside of the occasional haircolor change. It's refreshing after TS3 to have generated sims who do not all look alike.

I am FOREVER changing people's outifits. Some of the random combinations the townies come up with make me question whether they have paid their electricity bill.

Have you had that tofu-dog-head lady swing by yet?

Why does she only wear the hat?

I have not yet had the displeasure :o All the sims in my neighborhood seem to be addicted to baseball caps. Literally everyone and their mother wears one, no matter the outift.
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    As an addendum: I do a considerable amount of body editing these days. But not usually on random townies. Some of my formerly played sims will get Gym-Obsessed, and their muscles will spontaneously max out overnight. I'll end up with a town with a lot of really huge dudes and ladies. I start to miss having fat people. or for that matter, normal-ish people.

It's usually sims I've played that do this. I can't help but get the athletic skill. Sims I want to talk to like to show up at the gym, so I go there to chat. This in turn summons other sims I've befriended. Which in turn gives them the athletic skill. Which in turn make them buff.

In one house I was very careful to never bulk-up my main sim, Max. I never let him use the weight machine, and he only had a treadmill at home. After his son Liam moved out, and I started playing Liam, Max showed up the next day with his buffness completely maxed.I sighed, CAS fixed him, and moved on. Two days later he came back, beefy as ever again.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea