Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• Options
    SimperatrixSimperatrix Posts: 176 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Update on sigs:

Okay, I just got off the chat with EA help (phew, it took an hour!).

The explanation for the sigs is that the site isn't yet 100% up and running, so the members who still can't use BBCode have to wait 2-3 weeks till the site is fully revamped.

Thanks for the info! I'll add this to the front page since many people are wondering. I thought it had something to do with the broken site.

Thanks, @06Bon06. I plan to check back and follow up with EA customer support if it still doesn't work in 2-3 weeks.
  • Options
    tessabemetessabeme Posts: 226 Member
    I miss the dislike button, it was easier than arguing
    Follow me on Tumblr
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    edited September 2014
    i already have more than 50 points and 30 posts...why am i still a new member though

edit; whoops now im already a member
    Post edited by hafizchan on
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    hafizchan wrote: »
    i already have more than 50 points and 30 posts...why am i still a new member though<br />
    <br />
    edit; whoops now im already a member

It takes a few minutes :)
  • Options
  • Options
    TziyonTziyon Posts: 120 Member
    > @06Bon06 said:
    > The member system has been introduced to help curb the trolling epidemic we faced. Everyone joining this Forum for the first time start out with 0 Points, it does not matter how long you have been on the Sims forums, you can increase your points to become a Member. Points are seen on the profile, in a grey box on the left side.
    >
    > You need 50 Points, 30 Posts and have an account older than 24 hours to become a Member.
    >
    > You can earn points by:
    > 1. Earning badges - here are all the badges you can currently earn
    > 2. When someone LIKES with your post you get
    > - 1 Point for Like
    > Being a new member has certain disadvantages.
    > 1. New members can't post images.
    > 2. New members can't quote normally, they get arrows instead of the box.
    > 3. New members cannot post links.
    > 4. New members can not add signatures.
    >
    >
    > Note: The level system has been replaced by this, you are either a member or not :)
    > Feel free to add :)
    >
    > Updated: 17/09/14 Disagree and Agree buttons have been removed.
    >
    > A little something about the siagnatures Simperatrix wrote: »
    >
    > Update on sigs:
    >
    > Okay, I just got off the chat with EA help (phew, it took an hour!).
    >
    > The explanation for the sigs is that the site isn't yet 100% up and running, so the members who still can't use BBCode have to wait 2-3 weeks till the site is fully revamped.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Special Thanks to
    > metalfenix_Raf Quelsimmy bflury salivacocktail Daijahv ebuchala Simperatrix for adding to the post ^^
    > and...
    > Credit to everyone that posted there, you are all awesome!
    > -

I have 60+ points and I have over 30 posts. It's still calling me 'new member'. :-/
    DelVita A.

article-0-18C6F21800000578-529_306x462_zpsb34ef921.jpg
  • Options
    ktb0513ktb0513 Posts: 145 Member
    @tziyon is says member under your name now :)
    the-sims-4-collectibles-187x96.jpg
  • Options
    Yes, becoming a member sometimes take a few minutes up to an hour
  • Options
    DaijahvDaijahv Posts: 472 Member
    @06Bon06 That avatar gets creepier and creepier!
  • Options
    CommanderKeenCommanderKeen Posts: 614 Member
    chider1234 wrote: »
    It's not about posting, it's about how many likes/agrees you get. That way, if people like you and you're not a troll, you get the full benefits of the forum.

Or put another way, it's now a popularity contest.
  • Options
    Gia1313Gia1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Good to know. I knew we had to have 50 points and I was confused b/c I have 79 and I'm still a new member. (Although I was a member for awhile and then switched back to new member. Not sure what that was about.) Now I see we also have to have 30 posts, that explains it.
  • Options
    Taw3001Taw3001 Posts: 344 Member
    It is kind of bad about the 30 posts requirement. I had become a member and was demoted back down to new member when they changed the post requirements. I feel like we are being punished just because we do not post as much. I only post when I feel the topic is worth me posting something and avoid discussions that are just complaining about another's views. I have a few more post before I can regain my member status.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    Dayum this thread is long...
  • Options
    DaijahvDaijahv Posts: 472 Member
    mwdonohue wrote: »
    Dayum this thread is long...

Yeah it is!

• Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    Taw3001 wrote: »
    It is kind of bad about the 30 posts requirement. I had become a member and was demoted back down to new member when they changed the post requirements. I feel like we are being punished just because we do not post as much. I only post when I feel the topic is worth me posting something and avoid discussions that are just complaining about another's views. I have a few more post before I can regain my member status.

Just post anything as long as it's nice :)
  • Options
    CreepsaCreepsa Posts: 30 Member
    Oh noes, all these years I've been the silent lurking member, never posting anything and now, when I actually want to do something and post pics and links, I have to write 30 posts? I'm way too shy for this, this is going to be hard...
  • Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    > @Creepsa said:
    > Oh noes, all these years I've been the silent lurking member, never posting anything and now, when I actually want to do something and post pics and links, I have to write 30 posts? I'm way too shy for this, this is going to be hard...

I'm pretty shy myself, but most people are really nice around here, so it turned out to be quite a breeze starting to write a few posts here and there ;)
  • Options
    MunchyMunchy Posts: 513 Member
    MrGodard wrote: »
    > @Creepsa said:<br />
    > Oh noes, all these years I've been the silent lurking member, never posting anything and now, when I actually want to do something and post pics and links, I have to write 30 posts? I'm way too shy for this, this is going to be hard...<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I'm pretty shy myself, but most people are really nice around here, so it turned out to be quite a breeze starting to write a few posts here and there ;)

Same here! Good to know that I'm not the only one.

I've been lurking around the forums since Sims3. Yeah creepy, I know. Sometimes I creep myself out real good.
  • Options
    KaelinKaelin Posts: 39 Member
    Is the "30 posts" thing new? I was promoted from new member to member after hitting 50 points, was able to make posts with links, and now all of a sudden I'm a "new member" again. It looks like if I make 10 more posts, I'll have my member status restored? This is really frustrating.
  • Options
    Taw3001Taw3001 Posts: 344 Member
    It happen around the middle of the month and I seen a lot of member comments about being demoted. I guess it was done to stop/slow down people from trolling. I think they should have put more emphasis on time of being a member. They only need to have an account for 24 hours and have 50 points and 30 posts. If they are a trolling the last two are easily accomplished in a short period of time.
  • Options
    Kaelin wrote: »
    Is the "30 posts" thing new? I was promoted from new member to member after hitting 50 points, was able to make posts with links, and now all of a sudden I'm a "new member" again. It looks like if I make 10 more posts, I'll have my member status restored? This is really frustrating.

Yes it is new, not fun to do but better than the previous 150 point plus 100 post requirements o.O
  • Options
    DuissaneDuissane Posts: 362 Member
    Thanks for the information @06Bon06, now I just have to get posting...
    What is the face of a coward? The back of his head as he runs from battle.
  • Options
    Bump .. wish this could just be stuck to the first page lol
  • Options
    TearsarineTearsarine Posts: 23 New Member
    I didn't realize that it had been changed until I saw this thread. Of course I don't really ever post. Guess I better get to work!
  • Options
    MissBizbokMissBizbok Posts: 28 New Member
    I'm having the same problem I need posts I think :D Time to start I think :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top