Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aerith's Adventures in Building *NEW JAVA CHIP*

twilight_aerithtwilight_aerith Posts: 653 Member
edited September 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hi everyone! I hope you are all enjoying your game and making awesome memories! I love The Sims and my favorite part has always been building. I am definitely not an expert or a pro but I put a lot of heart into my creations so I thought I would share some additional pictures of my uploads here. All of these lots can be found under Samerella (my Origin ID). Enjoy and feel free to comment/ask questions! (Also please excuse my poor picture taking skills I haven't quiet got the hang of it for The Sims 4 yet)
Origin ID: Samerella
Post edited by twilight_aerith on

Comments

• Options
    Lavender Lookout
    3 bedroom 2 bath
    For this house I was testing out the "styled rooms" (I still want to call them blueprints) so you'll notice that most of the rooms are tweaked variations of those. I think it came together pretty good and I plan on moving the BFF household in.

ZgLpS9f.pngReRHf7L.png2W2wp9j.png
    4mFUe8p.pngstlQIHT.pngYZakxED.png
  • Options
    Cozy Crumpet
    2 bedroom 1 bath
    I really love tudor style houses (the pictures of that unknown world are killing me I want it so bad) but I couldn't find many options that would allow me to make the house I was looking for. This is what I settled on. It's a starter home, which I am terrible at building because I hate the limitations a small budget imposes and it's pretty empty for that reason. I still really enjoy the layout though and will probably move in a sim that has some money and see what it turns into.

Xh9QBDO.pngD9cfI6X.pngoldZ1yD.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Cranberry Split
    3 bedroom 3 bath
    Okay this one was a challenge. I wanted to try out that split level trick and it brought me back to The Sims 3 building, because some of it is on the ground the new build system is less forgiving if you want to move it around or change things. I spent not just hours but days trying to get it right and though it's not perfect I am happy enough with it to share. Oh and when I feel like I have the time to put more effort into it I plan on making a gothic (or just darker) version with a graveyard in place of the garden.

wUg7Qj2.png8Wr413o.pngbrzM39V.pngLWCYZks.pngmo9HEof.pngyPXWhaG.png1YI430j.pnguRiaaBT.png1BZ5NlN.pngVplhQW6.png2GxQ5wR.png
  • Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    Very nice detailed looking homes! I personally love the cranberry split. Your pictures turned out well ^_^
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    It is great that you have set up a showcase thread with pictures of your build. :) Each of your homes are very nice! I enjoyed reading the background details that you have written for each of them and your reason and ideas behind building that home. It looks great how you have used the styled rooms in Lavender Lookout, put your own nice touches in the rooms and combined them together to create a very nice home for sims to enjoy living in. Cozy Crumpet is a very nice starter home. Very nice layout of the interior of it. Cranberry Split is very nice! Very nice exterior of the home and the windows that you have used look nice. The red colour of the exterior looks nice and the front porch looks great. It looks great how you have done a pathway leading to the fountain and flowers garden area. The water fountains and flowers feature area looks so very nice! Very nice design of the area! It looks very nice how you have placed the trees along the edges, and have placed the flowers and plants in rows, and have the water features at either ends and the water fountain in the middle. It looks very nice how you have placed the seat benches in this area, for sims to enjoy sitting relaxing on the seats, enjoying being outdoors in the sunshine with such nice floral and plants scenery sights to see! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Very nice layout of the interior. Nice colours that you have used for the walls and the curtains. Very nice dining room! The patterned floor mat under the dining table looks nice and sims will enjoy seeing the nice flowers on the table whilst dining there. Great design of the kitchen! The island bar stool counter is great! The fruit bowl on the counter is a nice touch there. The sunken living room area looks very great! Great study desk alcove room off from the purple coloured kids bedroom. Sims will enjoy sitting at the table there using the computer.
    They all very nice builds! :)
  • Options
    Fyjal2631Fyjal2631 Posts: 78 Member
    Hello @twilight_aerith !

I really like the colors chosen for the Lavender Lookout house it feels calm and relaxing. Also, your Cozy Crumpet looks a lot like Sims 2 houses in the twinbrook world or something like that !

Keep going the good work :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much Veriona, rosemow, and Fyjal2631! I haven't even really played as a sim yet haha I just keep building. I'm trying to learn to do recolors but I'm not having much luck. Looks like just building for me :)
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    It's funny you say you aren't a pro, those houses are amazing, I love how you decorate too. good job :smiley:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @RedDestiny92 Thank you so much! That really means a lot to me. :D<3
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Oh you're welcome hun, just remember to give yourself a little more credit :smiley:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Wow I just went in game for a quick minute and saw that Maxis has liked (favorited?) some of my creations! As someone who tried for years to have a Sims 3 feature build this just made my day possibly even my year!!! Thank you to whichever SimGuru or employee that liked my hard work! Also thank you to anyone who commented on my builds I really enjoyed reading all of the nice things, constructive ideas, and I didn't even mind the mean things because well it's the internet and to be expected lol. Thanks again! Hopefully I'll have a day off soon to do some more building!
  • Options
    Introducing Java Chip!

Java Chip
    6 bedroom 3 bath

Here it is my first ever modern style house! I decided to give row housing a try, this one is meant for 3 "families" and each unit is similar but they are all a tiny bit different. Browns and greens are used throughout, there is a nice backyard with a huge fountain (built to look sort of like a pool,) and a rooftop garden to enjoy the sun. I think this lot really has an "apartment" feel to it and I hope your sims enjoy living here!

SBnGQIc.png?1WejTmal.png?1QacPtYB.png?1Uan6vEt.png?1lz6L42T.png?1iip4RXW.png?14PuV4zG.png?1jkiusoY.png?1zWVoJmd.png?1cNMsecW.png?1DnpPNy2.png?1
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Java Chip is a very nice build! :) Very nice design of it! The layout of it is great! It is great that you have designed it as three apartments for three families to live in, and that each apartment is furnished smilarly. The slanted roofing is great! Very nice exterior of the building. Very nice rooftop garden level! Sims will enjoy sitting on the seats there in the sunshine and have great views! Sims will enjoy growing plants in the garden pots there. The trees there look great. Very nice water pool fountain feature! It looks great! It looks nice how you have placed flowers on the sides of it and have placed seat benches there for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors in the air watching the nice sight of the water fountains. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the apartments! The brown and green colours that you have used look nice. Great bar stool counters in the kitchens. Very nice glass table dining areas for sims to also enjoy dining at on the lower level. The circular floor mats look nice under the tables. Very nice living room areas for sims to enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofas, watching tv. The bath tub alcoves in the bathrooms are very nice. Great balcony areas off from each of the levels of the apartments. It looks nice how you have placed the plants in rows in the front of the house.
    It is a well designed and very nicely furnished build! :)
  • Options
    Thank you rosemow!
  • Options
    KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    Beautiful builds! I love the Cranberry Split. You've also done some great things with gardens and water features. Lovely!
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• Options
    SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    Loving the Java Chip.
    I like how each 'apartment' is compact, yet has a lot of comforts!
  • Options
    Thank you so much KaylyRed! I spent a long time on the Cranberry Split!
    Omg @SimGuruHydra thank you so much! It really means a lot to me that you like it! I have to say, I really like the gallery and that we can comment on builds, I find the whole Sims 4 sharing experience to be very encouraging and I always feel so excited to finish and upload a new lot. I love this awesome community even more with The Sims 4!
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @twilight_aerith - great job on your modern home! I think you really captured it well. Like the idea of apartments also.
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    Thank you so much KaylyRed! I spent a long time on the Cranberry Split!
    Omg @SimGuruHydra thank you so much! It really means a lot to me that you like it! I have to say, I really like the gallery and that we can comment on builds, I find the whole Sims 4 sharing experience to be very encouraging and I always feel so excited to finish and upload a new lot. I love this awesome community even more with The Sims 4!

Glad you like the Gallery! And btw...did you see your Java Chip in the Maxis tab? :D

• Options
    edited September 2014
    @SimGuruHydra I did see it there! Thank you so much! Seeing my stuff liked by Maxis makes me jump up and down and feel like a little kid all over again. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy but it makes me so happy and excited to share more!
  • Options
    AnotherSimNutAnotherSimNut Posts: 89 Member
    You took great pictures of your designs. Next time I'm in game, I have to favor your homes. Thank you for sharing you beautiful creations.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Very cute homes! I especially like the crumpet and java chip. Love that fountain area in your Java Chip. :)
  • Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Beautiful homes, each unique and creative! :) I really like Java Chip, the exterior is gorgeous and I love the green doors! The interiors are so cozy and warm. I really hope we get some sort of apartment update later on, it was one of my favorite expansion packs. :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif