Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Life of the Cartiers - A Comic Story

Hi Everyone. I've never done anything like this before, but since I love the art style of The Sims 4 so much, I decided to make a story to go along with it. I'm new so if anyone has comments, please feel free to tell me! With that, I'll be posting the introductory pictures first. (just two to start with).

15276155296_cd94e9c042_o.jpg

15296054371_d3045d2e85_o.jpg
Post edited by VonTickleburg on

Comments

• Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited September 2014
    Your pictures look absolutely beautiful! I like the style you chose for the comic, but the writing seems a little small and hard to read compared to the gigantic picture. Is it possible to make it bigger but the bubble more transparent? (if you don't want to lose space - just wondering, either way it's really lovely). Can't wait to read more - the comic idea in general is very awesome! Keep going! Also did you build that house? If so, it's gorgeous - I *love* modern builds. Great job. :)
  • Options
    MadScientis7MadScientis7 Posts: 135 Member
    I like the start so far and the home is beautiful. Good job.
    View and Download my random builds | MadHouse Renovations | View and Download my random CC Madness | ID: MadScientis7
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Hey beautiful home, and I love your comic book style. Looking forward to seeing more.
  • Options
    DrukiDruki Posts: 163 Member
    I love that house! Your pictures are amazing!!
  • Options
    texasangeltexasangel Posts: 160 Member
    the house is great! and I love all the gnomes :)
    Check out my blog and simblr for my custom content!
    Origin ID: texasangel08
    Poster.png
  • Options
    Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Can I just agree that the text is too tiny compared to the lovely huge pic? It's hard to see.
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • Options
    xcheekyangelxxcheekyangelx Posts: 289 Member
    Love it!
  • Options
    VonTickleburgVonTickleburg Posts: 90 Member
    edited September 2014
    Okay guys, I can't really change the size of the font, so I tried a different font, hopefully it will be easier to read.

In this episode, Veronique goes to Magnolia Blossom Park in Willow Creek for a jog. There she meets someone.

15303430392_295b1844ef_o.jpg

15303488112_45b11335b5_o.jpg
  • Options
    The text is definitely more readable now :)
  • Options
    RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    I agree, the text is much better. :) And I also love that you use speech bubbles. First time I've seen it done on here. It 's such a great idea and fits perfectly with your pictures. Loving it so far!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    RaeNic wrote: »
    I agree, the text is much better. :) And I also love that you use speech bubbles. First time I've seen it done on here. It 's such a great idea and fits perfectly with your pictures. Loving it so far!

Thanks! I'm glad you guys like it. I will upload more later when I have the time to make them. And I really like the speech bubbles as well, I feel that they fit in really well with the art style of the game. As why I am doing this :)
  • Options
    Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    gypsy54gypsy54 Posts: 484 Member
    Looking good so far. I love the house and I agree the thought bubbles really suits the style. I am looking forward to seeing more :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Caspar starts of with a joke. No prizes for guessing what type of joke it is!

15122162560_14706f37a3_o.jpg
    15308873715_eda751b3d9_o.jpg
    15308872865_20f3082209_o.jpg
    15122161330_266a499fd1_o.jpg
  • Options
    I love the speech bubbles and can read it nicely now. Great job and it's looks like a lot of fun making a story this way! Can't wait to see their romance blossom. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Hi guys. I am back with more!

Caspar decided to make his move. Did he get what he want? check out below!

15128703790_41946463cf_o.jpg
    15128794888_2432415a4e_o.jpg
    15128629959_2430bb67b8_o.jpg
    15312211171_a88a94bbf3_o.jpg
  • Options
    Great update! Will be fun to see what happens next, your pictures are beautiful. I'm totally in love with the comic book style.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Hey guys, I am back with more! I hope you guys will like it! :#

15142866329_db55498cef_o.jpg
    15142837890_85dca3b0aa_o.jpg
    15326461121_9b177d3c49_o.jpg
    15306511196_4d7a60535d_o.jpg
  • Options
    SharonjoaneSharonjoane Posts: 8 New Member
    Amazing pictures and home! But some pictures don't work, they give an 'this image or video is currently unavailable' message from flickr.
  • Options
    Amazing pictures and home! But some pictures don't work, they give an 'this image or video is currently unavailable' message from flickr.

Thanks for the feedback. I've changed some settings. Please let me know if you are still seeing it.
  • Options
    Great update! I love the one where she is cooking, you can almost hear the pan sizzling!
  • Options
    SharonjoaneSharonjoane Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2014
    @VonTickleburg most pictures work fine now thanks! Only in your fourth post I still see the picture error, the one that starts with:
    "Hi guys. I am back with more!
    Caspar decided to make his move. Did he get what he want? check out below!"

But love your story, excited for more!
  • Options
    PurplesandbucketPurplesandbucket Posts: 576 Member
    Wow your pictures are so clean and bright! I love this story so far :)
    ORIGIN ID: pixelprowesss

opy4owP.png
  • Options
    @VonTickleburg most pictures work fine now thanks! Only in your fourth post I still see the picture error, the one that starts with: <br />

Hi! Thanks I think I got everything now. If you still see the error, try refreshing your page, it might solve it! :) I'm am glad you guys are enjoying this! Gives me motivation to make more!
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I'm loving the updates, so I have it bookmarked so I don't miss any, your pictures are lovely quality and the text is easy to read.