Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A post-modern requiem.

Hello everyone!

I wanted to share my newest build, Dusty Spring Field, with you, because I'm very proud of it.

As I am a new member, I can't post links and I'll have to wait until tomorrow to post pictures. If you are as tempted as I hope you are, have a look at my library (@rimbaudvogessi) and let me know what you think of this build.

As promised, I will update with pictures and a walk through soon!

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
  • Options
    RimbaudvogessiRimbaudvogessi Posts: 113 Member
    Hello again everyone!

As promised, here are the promised pictures of my new post-modern house Dusty Spring Field:

P37NjkO.png

The house from the back:

DToQzse.png

Aerial view:

iXZtYLc.png

The kitchen:

XhrUgiG.png

Open plan living space seen from the entrance way:

UfXXJ4G.png

Outdoor bar and entertainment area on top of the workshop:

gAls7n0.png

I hope you enjoy! As stated in my OP, this house can be found in my library. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it! :))
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    I will look forward to seeing your pictures that you post of your build when you are able to post them. :)

Thank you! I Hope you like it!
  • Options
    onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Dusty Spring Field is a very nice home! :) The exterior design of it is great! The roofing and the texture of the exterior looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build. It looks very nice how you have placed the plants and rocks on the front edge of the house. Very nice bar and entertainment area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the bar stools chatting and having a drink from the bar or enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating their meals outdoors on the seats benches. Sims will enjoy listening to and dancing to the music from the stereo there. Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the garden boxes and pots. It looks very nice how you have done the flowers and rocks garden areas! Very nice design of and furnishing of the kitchen! The curved bar stool counter is very nice! The colour scheme that you have used for the kitchen and living areas looks very nice! Very nice layout of the living space. It looks nice how you have placed the windows in a diagonal row on the dining area wall. The texture and colour of the walls looks nice. The clock is a nice touch on the fireplace. Sims will enjoy listening to music from the gramophone whilst dining at the dining table. Great study desk area for sims to enjoy using the computer at the desk table.
    It is great home! :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Lovely home! I like the porch and the deck areas! Also, that kitchen looks so pretty! :)
  • Options
    HaylziesHaylzies Posts: 169 Member
    It's very cool, well done!
  • Options
    Thank you for all the kind remarks. Any feedback is also welcome!
  • Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    I'm liking the feel of this modern. Sorta gives me that old home renovated to modern feel/look. Nice work!
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    Terrific job...fits in with Oasis Springs nicely and the rooftop deck is a clever touch. :)
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Very nice home and nice color palette :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Veriona wrote: »
    I'm liking the feel of this modern. Sorta gives me that old home renovated to modern feel/look. Nice work!

Thank you so much! I wanted to give it a renovated mid-century feel (missing the mid-century set from S3 SOOOO much!), but kept the color palette neutral, so as to give it a modern feel.

Really glad you like it!
    Terrific job...fits in with Oasis Springs nicely and the rooftop deck is a clever touch. :)

Thank you for your comment! Wanted to throw in some Eco-modern in there too.
    Manssom wrote: »
    Very nice home and nice color palette :)

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Hmm...interesting ideas! I like 'em. I like the garden on top of the separated build and the fact you incorporated a bridge into your design is truly unique!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    LoopyLizzieLoopyLizzie Posts: 76 Member
    edited September 2014
    Ohhh!! I love this one also!!! I downloaded your Queen Anne Inspired house and I love it! I am going to download this one too, and follow you on the gallery! :)

I love the raised terrace thingie and the stepped windows! :D
  • Options
    DelsDels Posts: 289 Member
    Great building.I really like it move and place on a grassy roof.