Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need advice on a room!

I'm making a room, soon to be a living room..
I get annoyed when I can't mix and match properly.

Please give your verdict on which rug should be there, or if you have any suggestions.

09-22-14_5-47nbspPM_zps12e2f22d.png

09-22-14_5-48nbspPM_zps08fbdb21.png
CAGyZIg.gif
hello neiiigghhhhbour

Comments

• Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    I personally like the way the round rugs look. They serve as more of an anchor for the area. However, they are a little too small, does the re-size cheat work on them to make them a little larger? I have not tried this cheat on rugs.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    At this point I think it is better with the round rugs.

The first rug draws too much attention and it doesn't go very well
    with the rest of the room imo. With the round rugs you have more focus on the art :)
  • Options
    MollyG1997MollyG1997 Posts: 299 Member
    edited September 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote: »
    I personally like the way the round rugs look. They serve as more of an anchor for the area. However, they are a little too small, does the re-size cheat work on them to make them a little larger? I have not tried this cheat on rugs.

Thanks for answering, the rug sizing doesn't work right. Which sooooks.
    Manssom wrote: »
    At this point I think it is better with the round rugs.

The first rug draws too much attention and it doesn't go very well
    with the rest of the room imo. With the round rugs you have more focus on the art :)

I ended up finishing the room without a rug, and then adding it in. I decided my sim is going to be a real art junky, who loves all abstract things, so I went with the white one. But here's the finished room :)
    I guess it kind of works.

09-22-14_6-30nbspPM-2_zps0f6ff250.png
    09-22-14_6-31nbspPM_zpsc72219fd.png

CAGyZIg.gif
    hello neiiigghhhhbour
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Yeah it works. I think I like the white rug more now that I have seen the whole room :) Good choice :D
  • Options
    MollyG1997MollyG1997 Posts: 299 Member
    edited September 2014
    Manssom wrote: »
    Yeah it works. I think I like the white rug more now that I have seen the whole room :) Good choice :D
    Thank you!!
    I think I'm going to have my sim paint small pictures, I will line them on top of the TV so it doesn't look so plain there.

09-22-14_7-04nbspPM-2_zpseaa49331.png
    Post edited by MollyG1997 on
    CAGyZIg.gif
    hello neiiigghhhhbour
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    The living room looks very nice! :) The white rug looks great there and suits the rest of the room, with your placement of the type of pictures on the wall. The pictures above the tv looks great!
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    I definitely prefer the first rug and think it works quite well! Just be advised with your paintings, that unfortunately they won't transfer to the Gallery (in case you were planning to share your build).
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    is that CC?
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    No, it's not that it's CC. It's just that the artwork, collectibles, etc. that you create/find in game won't transfer to the Gallery. I hope that EA will enable it so that they will in the future.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations