Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't delete/replace parks OR library?

I know we can't delete the parks because we can't rebuild the ponds. However, we can't replace them either? I did some modifications to the Oasis Springs one and rather than constantly redo those modifications, I saved it to my tray. Started a new game, replaced the existing park with the one in my bin. The pond had vanished. The pond did not save.

The library, I wanted to make my own. So I demolished the existing one and cannot find the "library bookcase" to rebuild the lot. Where are they? They look like the intellect cases (I think that is the name) but they don't function the same. The same thing happens if you save the existing library to the bin and then replace it. The library bookcases vanish.

So, are we not allowed to replace these things?

Comments

• Options
    carla70carla70 Posts: 575 Member
    They are aware of this. Don't replace any parks if you want the pond in any part of your game. Or you will have to start a new game to get it back. Downloading and replacing doesn't work. SimguruGrant said they are working on something to give us access to these objects.
  • Options
    cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    I remade a library, I just used any old bookcases and it accepted them fine, didn't even realise there was a special bookcase! Lol
  • Options
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    cully_c wrote: »
    I remade a library, I just used any old bookcases and it accepted them fine, didn't even realise there was a special bookcase! Lol

I responded to your other comment and will just repeat myself here.

Yes, you can add any bookcase. However, libraries have ones called "library shelves". Those can't be found anywhere. These shelves allow Sims to read the skill books without having to purchase them. If they have been disabled in our games? Then the libraries cannot be deleted unless you don't want those shelves.
  • Options
    carla70 wrote: »

Thank you, can you link to the post? There are 53 pages to that thread, lol.

I just want to make sure they know we can't replace the libraries since they have disabled those shelves. I was super annoyed after spending a good bit of time making a fancy library to find out that it did not have the right shelves.
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    @lokisimsies Ohhh!!!! That is why I cannot find any skill books in the library I rebuilt... because I need special shelves! And nobody knows where those are?
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    Desirai wrote: »
    @lokisimsies Ohhh!!!! That is why I cannot find any skill books in the library I rebuilt... because I need special shelves! And nobody knows where those are?

I can't find them. I didn't even know there were special shelves, they look just like the ones called "intellect" or something so I just used those. Sent a Sim to them and thought "hey, where are the skills books?". So started a new game and was surprised to see that the pre-made library has special book cases.

Supposedly, the gurus know about this but I just want to make sure because we NEED those shelves otherwise we can't make proper libraries.
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    Is there a buydebug cheat like in the sims 3??
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Desirai wrote: »
    Is there a buydebug cheat like in the sims 3??

I haven't found it. I've seen posts saying that it isn't in Sims 4 (buydebug). I wish it was! I just downloaded the unlock all items mod, going to make sure it's not just locked away somewhere.
  • Options
    I didn't know about the library at the time. I'm guessing though the ponds and the bookshelves are not in game. They need to find a way to add these into everyones game. I'm hoping they are working on this now. I found out about the pond when a enlarged object that I placed very close to the pond in build mode had made the pond disappear. So I tried everything and the pond couldn't even be cloned either. It seems to me these are a spawner type of objects there for we can't get them yet. At least until they add it in a patch or download. I wouldn't replace any public places at all until they fix it. I tweeted Grant and Gram to put this in a sticky on the forums. Hopefully it will save others the trouble.

ONLY way to fix this is new game.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    carla70 wrote: »
    I didn't know about the library at the time. I'm guessing though the ponds and the bookshelves are not in game. They need to find a way to add these into everyones game. I'm hoping they are working on this now. I found out about the pond when a enlarged object that I placed very close to the pond in build mode had made the pond disappear. So I tried everything and the pond couldn't even be cloned either. It seems to me these are a spawner type of objects there for we can't get them yet. At least until they add it in a patch or download. I wouldn't replace any public places at all until they fix it. I tweeted Grant and Gram to put this in a sticky on the forums. Hopefully it will save others the trouble.

ONLY way to fix this is new game.

They don't need to sticky this thread but they do need to let people know that they cannot delete their libraries unless they want to lose those book shelves since we are not allowed access to them right now.

I can perhaps understand the issue with the ponds but bookshelves? I'm just baffled.
  • Options
    AstasiaAstasia Posts: 238 Member
    There's a mod on Mod The Sims called "Buyable Ponds" for anyone who doesn't want to wait for a patch to fix their parks.
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    You can get the buyable fishing pond here http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=535761
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    I know we can't delete the parks because we can't rebuild the ponds. However, we can't replace them either? I did some modifications to the Oasis Springs one and rather than constantly redo those modifications, I saved it to my tray. Started a new game, replaced the existing park with the one in my bin. The pond had vanished. The pond did not save.

The library, I wanted to make my own. So I demolished the existing one and cannot find the "library bookcase" to rebuild the lot. Where are they? They look like the intellect cases (I think that is the name) but they don't function the same. The same thing happens if you save the existing library to the bin and then replace it. The library bookcases vanish.

So, are we not allowed to replace these things?

A new mod now allows replacing and placing ponds. It's at ModTheSims.
  • Options
    Thanks everybody.

I hope somebody does something about those library shelves soon as well.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    TwistedMexican has an unlock mod. He says it works for community lots, too. Of course, if the bookcases you want aren't available in buy mode, it won't help, but I thought I'd mention it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/customcheats
  • Options
    MsPhy wrote: »
    TwistedMexican has an unlock mod. He says it works for community lots, too. Of course, if the bookcases you want aren't available in buy mode, it won't help, but I thought I'd mention it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/customcheats

Thank you.

I installed that mod today, the bookshelves are not in it. However, I love this mod. It's cool seeing all the stuff. I added the astronaut things since I do have a Sim at level 8 in that career but I only added the things he (and through extension ME) are entitled to for reaching that level.

I'm so glad this mod was made, annoying that if I start a new game that I lose the things my Sim has already unlocked.

It sure was tempting to take some other things though, lol. The pre-made rooms are cool.