Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Second Floor Flooring?

Umm how do you add flooring on the second floor? I'm so confused!

Comments

• Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    You need to put down rooms. If you don't want a second floor, just delete the walls and the floor will stay.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    PassionfruittartePassionfruittarte Posts: 131 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have a second floor on, but there is no flooring. Also I cannot delete individual floor, it makes me delete all the flooring.
  • Options
    How are you building your walls on the second floor, with the room tool, or with the drawing out individual walls? Also, yeah... EA's way of driving builder's mad, you can't delete individual floor tiles without drawing a room around them first. :s
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Well, I'm trying to make this style. I kinda figured out how but it's so difficult to execute! I'm pulling my hair! Unless there is an easier way, I would love to know.

a51ece90-c282-4a47-934b-656adea644b3_zps61ca84f2.png
  • Options
    Yes, I found out with my last build just how difficult EA made it. I wanted a open two story foyer.... I pulled my hair out for two days trying to figure it out. The game mechanics and how it reads "rooms" and such is dreadful. EA says they made is easier "tactile"... I beg to differ. At least not for those of us who like to build from scratch and not just "plop" down rooms. Maybe this thread can help you out, someone is having the same issue and someone showed how with pics.... forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776548/help-how-to-delete-single-floor-tile#latest look on the second page towards the bottom.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks @Tiki5872! I checked out the link. Turns out we have the same "technique!" Hahah, this is sad...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Alas! My stairs are finally getting there!
    AlasStairs_zps748e8e82.png
    Post edited by Passionfruittarte on
  • Options
    YAY!! I am happy for you! At least once you learn, you won't forget how it was done!! LOL
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Options
    CarolynCarolyn Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey, im having an issue with my floors, i have rooms and i have builf rooms around where there is no floor and it just wont seem to show up, at this point i really dont know what to do and this house took me forever it s quite annoying
  • Options
    CarolynCarolyn Posts: 3 New Member
    picture