Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you invest money in sims 4?

I saw someone post about this but was not able to log in at the time and ask them how they did it.

Comments

• Options
    Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member
    $0
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I assume your talking about irl right?
  • Options
    therock316555therock316555 Posts: 43 Member
    Asuka7794 wrote: »
    $0

lol, is this not a real thing in sims 4? there was a post about it.
  • Options
    AstroX1424 wrote: »

no they said there was an option to invest money and earn interest from it weekly in game, I take it I have been had and it was a joke.
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    $0

I saw that post too. Some sim was getting money from investing but I don't know how

• Options
    Bamajam wrote: »
    $0

I saw that post too. Some sim was getting money from investing but I don't know how

glad im not the only one.
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    I vaguely recall hearing about this, but I can't find it right now. I want to say it's linked to programming though.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    AstroX1424 wrote: »

no they said there was an option to invest money and earn interest from it weekly in game, I take it I have been had and it was a joke.
    Yeah, that's not a real thing. But, it sounds similar to writing a book and then earning a weekly interest or royalty.
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    You need the "Shrewd" Trait. "Shrewd Sims receive a direct deposit each week based on their household funds."

Also you can automatically get the "Shrewd" Trait by completing the Fortune "Fabulously Wealthy" Aspiration.

Hope this helps. wp2e41d94a.gif
  • Options
    Thanks for helping guys
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    That's a pretty cool feature
  • Options
    eniekaenieka Posts: 15 New Member
    yeah that's what i do to all my 8 sims in my household. they all have that trait but only 5 of my sims every received weekly income and other 3 don't (they do have the trait). if u also want to earn even more cash go for the 2 best skill which are painting and writing in my opinion. i wen from 1,000,000 to 7,000,0000 in just 4hours of real time mainly playing on fast mode... and normal to learn skill and attend to other needs....no of my sims needs to ever SLEEP
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    at very begun, use once motherlode
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    You need the "Shrewd" Trait. "Shrewd Sims receive a direct deposit each week based on their household funds."

Also you can automatically get the "Shrewd" Trait by completing the Fortune "Fabulously Wealthy" Aspiration.

Hope this helps. wp2e41d94a.gif

Thanks for explaining this, I couldn't remember how I was able to get a huge lump sums of investments.
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited September 2014
    I thought it was bogus......but then I used the aspiration cheat to get satisfaction points. I chose the money whatever aspiration and maxed it out. I had used motherlode on that particular sims household funds and the were about 500 000 simolians. I then saw a random amount of money pop up every now and then. . .. .lol it was interest!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    > @leo3487 said:
    > at very begun, use once motherlode
    is this statement for me if sooooo you are wrong as i dont cheat in any of my sims games i work my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off to get to were i am NEVER CHEAT... im just a good player that [put care and real hours in my game to get were i am
  • Options
    and just to let you know that i do not support cheating 100%
  • Options
    musicalkat8musicalkat8 Posts: 186 Member
    This is interesting, thanks for posting. I left my original family to their own devices to start fresh with another sim. I did make them wealthy as part of the story I was building. Today I went back (after a week) and a notification comes up with something about my older sim 'investing well' and gaining some money. I don't remember giving her the shrewd trait....maybe I did? I have no idea what shed been investing in lol!
    Bah! I can't get my signature image to show no matter what! Help!

Music making, Sims playing, star gazing Zelda fan.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I invested exactly 0.0000000000000000$ on TS4. A bit too much I know. :D
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    vgchatvgchat Posts: 101 Member
    Nehel wrote: »
    You must choose the "Incredibly Wealthy" aspiration. When you complete all the steps you get a trait called "Shrewd" that automatically gives you 5% (if I recall correctly) of your funds every week.
    So, just keep a high balance in your household funds and you won't probably need to work after that.
    My current sim has 400k simoleons he saved from his painter career, and he gets 20k per week as interests.

Sounds about right, my sims have 930K funds and one just got 44K investment payment.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    A Sim can invest money while doing the business career. It's was on the computer under WEB. Not sure at what level it showed up. I had my Sim invest money but did not ever notice what happens next. My Sim had the option but he is in another career right now.
  • Options
    vgchatvgchat Posts: 101 Member
    Funny, my sim never had a job and the invest option under web on the computer never showed for me, yet he's earning from investing.
  • Options
    adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    edited January 2015
    I had a sim in the business career and she made it to lvl 9. Sometime before that she got the option to invest. I think it was when she got the wall street ticker. Anyways i know i invested over 10k never recieved a dime back. Of course that may be the point i dont know. Eventually she died broke and hungry lol
  • Options
    44blindmice44blindmice Posts: 3 New Member
    You actually can invest. I believe only sims who are in the business career when they choose the investor career path can do it. It really does bring in money though. My sim made 17,000 simoleons in one week. It really pays off.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top